• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference: Where Should I Stay and What Should I Do?

In summary, the National Conference for PC consultants is held in Chicago every year and lasts for 3 days for consultants and 4 days for directors and above. The conference includes various activities such as classes, meetings, meals, and a formal dinner with a dance. There are also vendor booths selling PC-approved products and surprise boxes filled with discontinued PC items. The conference is highly recommended for training, networking, and revitalizing one's business. The cost of the conference depends on the location of the attendee and their choice of hotel. Airfare and hotel must be purchased separately.
Krista Burson
Gold Member
Ok, I'm new to PC, this is my fourth month. I'm starting to plan my trip to National Conference. Is it held in the same place every year? If so, where is that? Is there a certain hotel we should stay at?

Krista

It's always held in Chicago, and the conference Hotels will be announced soon. You can use conference club to have it start putting aside money for you each month, which you can then use to pay for conference or the hotel. Congratulations for making the committment, believe me, it will be worth your trip!

Can those of you who've been to the National Conference tell us about it?

How long is it (how many days)?

What kinds of activities, training, speaches, etc? Is there a formal event?

I heard there were a lot of vendor booths, too, what kind? What do they sell there? PC products or logo stuff or what?

I'm interested and want to go this year.

Thanks,
Linda K

LindaK said:
Can those of you who've been to the National Conference tell us about it?

How long is it (how many days)?

What kinds of activities, training, speaches, etc? Is there a formal event?

I heard there were a lot of vendor booths, too, what kind? What do they sell there? PC products or logo stuff or what?

I'm interested and want to go this year.

Thanks,
Linda K

Well last year was my first year with PC and I went to National Conference also, it is 3 days for consultants and I think 4 days for directors and above.

The activities include classes in which you can choose which ones you take; and whole group meetings which they announce important news, new products, give out awards, speeches and prizes; and they serve meals and there is one formal dinner broken down into smaller groups and after that a dance (I was stunned by the prices of drinks at this dance).

The vendors that are there would be VIP selling some of their stuff for discounted prices and having out new products to look at, if you are a director there is a director's store set up, and Merrill will be there and Nancy's Artwork and some of the special speakers had a booth last year, and wherever they are going to hold Leadership Conference I think it was tourism-type people there.

You can also buy surprise boxes filled with discontinued PC stuff.

I don't know if I covered it all but I did my best.
HTH

Conference is awesome!! two and a half days of training and networking and shopping:)

all kinds of training, like hostess coaching, bookings, recruiting, pampered partner, website, last year they had life coaching, etc.

booths are all PC approved vendors selling clothes, business supplies, etc. They also had surprise boxes which sold for $20, $40 and ??, they were filled with old products but you didn't know which ones until you bought and opened it up! People were like maniacs trying to trade and swap things--it was actually alot of fun. I was set not to spend anything since I have almost all the old stuff laying around--but the hype of swapping caught me up so I did buy a $20 one, and got some things that I didn't have anymore, but I'll be using for hostess gifts!

Most of the directors have a formal dinner and some do a party afterwards. Some girls just go out on the town, and some party in their rooms. others just go to bed!!

It's definately worth it. A well needed break, plus a major revitalization for your business!

See ya there!

ange

Thanks for sharing y'all!

I'm looking forward to it.

They don't offer first chance at the new products for Fall/Winter, just the old stuff, huh?

Well, I'm excited. I haven't been to Chicago in years.

They do have a room full of all the new stuff for you to look at, take pictures of even play with a little. Conference is well worth it and I would never miss one. :)
Margie

conferenceThis is my first year also,and i was wondering... how much does the conference cost? Do we buy a package that includes hotel,admission and airfare. Or do we purchase airfare seperate?

Thanks,
Lisa

This is my first year at PC and I am going to Conference. I bought airfare just the other day! I am really excited about going.

You are...
lisamwest said:
This is my first year also,and i was wondering... how much does the conference cost? Do we buy a package that includes hotel,admission and airfare. Or do we purchase airfare seperate?

Thanks,
Lisa
responsible for buying your airfare and hotel. So, of course it depends on where you live for your flights and what hotel you choose to stay in. If you choose a conference hotel, these are usually more expensive, but the shuttles are at these hotels so it is really nice.

The last time I went to National (2 years ago) my hotel was a conference hotel and it was about $250 a night for 4 nights. But of course you split the cost 4 ways! You will want to share your hotel with 3 other consultants, this will cut your cost!

Conference Fees do include some meals so you can count on them feeding you.

I am excited to go back to National!! :D Couldn't go last year because I had a new baby!! Conferences are always worth it! If you sign up for Conference Club this really helps! I have them take out $30 a month to help pay for my registration fee (less $50 I earned in January) and whatever is left gets added to my commission check! Start saving now!!

I will be walking to get my ruby ring this year!!! :D

It's nice to know its always in Chicago. I live in the city. Yea! :D

Were conference hotels 250.00 per night? I didn't remember them being that much.

Okay, my take on conference is:

The National Conference is AWESOME!! There is excitement in the air as you wait to see what the new products are going to be. You will learn a lot in the workshops. There is a lot of brainstorming and idea sharing going on. I have been to 2 out of the 4 that I could go to. Chicago is great to see. I love the pier and be sure to eat at Bubba Gumps. National Conference will "pump you up". You will come away with so much information your head will be swimming. I love it!! As a matter of fact, I love it so much that last year, when my friend couldn't go at the last minute, I went alone and met up with my friends director whom I had never met and shared a room with her. I met some wonderful new people. My husband was very concerned about my going by myself, but I was fine. I would love to go every year, but because of my job I cannot. I only get so many days off each year. So, I try to go to conference every other year and take my kids on a fun vacation the year in between. So, I would recommend you go, go, go. You will love it. Be sure to take a camera, bandaids for blisters, pens and paper, and a good pair of walking shoes. Oh yes, and a sweater because the conference rooms are COLD! I forgot my sweater last year and had to leave some of the workshops early because I was so cold. :(

The first year I went I stayed at the conference hotel. It was beautiful and comfortable. I shared a room with 3 other ladies. Shuttles pick you up and take you to the conference center and then bring you back. The second year I stayed at a hotel about a mile or so from the conference hotel. The girl who booked our rooms got them cheaper. It was easy walking distance, but you are a little rushed at times to get back to the shuttle, so you will need to take a taxi. Also, a lot of times it is dark when you get back and I wouldn't recommed walking alone at night...actually I would make sure I was with a large group if I was walking at night. It cost 12-15 dollars each time we took a taxi to or from our hotel to the conference hotel to meet the shuttle. So, if you went twice a day you ended up spending the money you saved on hotels to pay for the taxi. Also, our hotel did not have a vending machine anywhere in the building. In order to get a soda you had to go to the bar which happened to be a sports/cigar bar...NASTY! If you wanted ice you had to ask at the desk and they would bring you some in a trash bag. The hotel was clean. But, we requested 2 double beds per room and when we got there we were told they didn't even have rooms with 2 double beds. All of the rooms had 1 double bed. So, we had 5 people...we were suppose to have 6, but one cancelled...so someone had to sleep on the floor.

So, I personally will only stay at the conference hotels. It is well worth the extra cost. And, I think it is safer. Perhaps we just weren't careful enough when we booked the hotel, but I will not try to save money again. And, the pictures we got of the hotel showed beautiful rooms and entry way, but that was not the case.

Last edited:
I have gone to National Conference every year because it is such a motivating experience!! If you can make it work for you, invest in your business and yourself and you'll be amazed at what happens in your business after you've attended.

I just booked my airfare last night...if anyone is out of Newark, NJ, Continental has some really great fares right now! I'm in Conf #2 and my goal is to (finally) walk this year as Director!

Mary

Last Year 1st ConferenceLast year was my first conference and it was awesome. Great training and general meetings and lots of fun and shopping.

I stayed at the Sheraton on Michigan Avenue (a conference hotel). There were 4 of us in the room and my total total bill for 4 nights was $180.

I have been looking on Southwest at airfare this week and I can fly from CA to Chicago and back for $200 + fees and taxes. If you are definitely going to be going, book now and you can still get the cheap Internet rates!

My director suggested I signed up for conference club right after I joined and I did.

When do we get that money, and how much is the registration...when is that supposed to be paid for, etc.

You all make it sound so great, I can't wait to go!

When registration is available online, it will tell you during the registration process if you will accumulate the registration fee through the club. If you have the entire fee in conference club, it will automatically apply. You do not actually receive the money.

So what hotel is usually the conference hotel??

Boomer Sooner
Shannon Overstreet

Oh, I see, thanks!

Last year I believe there were 3 hotels with conference rates: The Chicago Sheraton and the Palmer House Hilton. I believe there was a 3rd hotel, but I do not remember which one.

I just skimmed over the responses but didn't see any one mention the HO tour...great fun, 1 person from every bus will win a chance for a shopping spree in the Pampered Chef wharehouse! Then TPC ships it to you and it's waiting for you when you get home. Basically you can grab anything that you want but only one of each.

We stayed at the Sheraton I think and it was great! If you can go to conference absolutely go...I didn't my first year and wish I had.

Woo Hoo....can't wait to get to CHICAGO:D
I'm brandie new....and I wasn't going to go to Conference, THEN, my recruiter called and they found flights for 45/each way from RI so naturally I booked, and I couldn't be more excited......

I think we should wear name tags with our logins names too so we can get a chance to meet all the great folks on this site.....or maybe make a time and all meet somewhere in the conference....maybe a "Chef Success Rally"..... :eek:

I keep hearing it is a great time and lots of fun, so I sure could use some fun time......

:p See ya'll there, it'll be a wicked pissa good time....(guess where I'm from ;)

Southwest AirlinesForgot to mention, the fares where on Southwestern if you folks are interested in trying for cheaper fares......

HO Tour & Biz Cards & Hotels, Oh My!DEFINITELY go on the Home Office Tour...but sign up early. These go really fast, especially the early ones! I had such a blast! You get to go basically everywhere...even have you picture taken at Doris Christopher's desk! The HO staff conducts the tours, and it's awesome to get to meet those voices we talk to! And that shopping spree thing! Don't get me started! It's awesome to watch, even if you don't win!

I somehow forgot to take business cards, and was so bummed! Made it a lot more difficult to network, and I felt like an idiot (Can I have a card? I don't have one to give you, but I'll write my information down! YIKES!) Plus, on the HO tour, everyone leaves cards, gifts, notes, etc. at Doris Christopher's desk! A lot of times you'll get a personal note from her when you do!

We stayed at Embassy Suites. They are just a couple of blocks from the Sheritan (Conference Hotel). You can easily fit six to a suite...there are two rooms, one with 2 beds, the other with a hide-a-bed. We actually had 7 people in ours! It was crowded but fun and cheap! Plus, in the cost you get a FULL BREAKFAST every morning (bar with made to order eggs, pancakes, etc.), and at night there is a happy hour with free drinks (alcohol or soda). So, those little perks made it very worth it!

Yes, go! Yes, get a HO tour! Yes, bring cards! Yes, look and ask around about hotels!

YES, HAVE A GREAT TIME!

Last edited:

What is National Conference Question?

National Conference Question is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a gathering where consultants from all over the country come together to learn, network, and celebrate their achievements.

When and where is National Conference Question held?

National Conference Question is typically held in July or August and the location varies each year. Pampered Chef announces the dates and location well in advance to give consultants enough time to plan and prepare for the event.

Who can attend National Conference Question?

Only active Pampered Chef consultants are eligible to attend National Conference Question. However, consultants can bring a guest with them for an additional fee. Guests can be anyone, such as spouses, family members, or friends.

What happens at National Conference Question?

National Conference Question is a 3-day event filled with workshops, trainings, cooking demonstrations, guest speakers, and product reveals. Consultants also have the opportunity to shop at the conference store and participate in fun activities and team building exercises.

How do I register for National Conference Question?

Registration for National Conference Question is done through the Pampered Chef website. Consultants can log into their accounts and register for the event. The registration fee includes all conference activities and meals, but does not cover travel or accommodations.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • PamperedPrincess74
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
DebbieJ
  • Sheila