• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

National Conference 2007: Director Training and Special Event Updates

In summary, some directors are disappointed that the director event has been cancelled, while others are excited for the new format. Some directors are also unhappy that the event was only for wave 1 directors.
jmabner
Okay, I have to wonder, what does everyone think about the addition of the Director training at 9am on the first day of conference and the cancellation of the directors special event? Just wondering how everyone else feels about the change.

It is a Director Event, not just training. I was talking with my NED about it and she said that for the $$$ they spend on the Director Special Event (which about a third of directors don't go to), they could bring in a fabulous speaker and give us a great meal (or two) AND great gifts! I would like the party at the end, but I also think it gives us some time to get together with those in our clusters who attended National and debrief and plan for the next meeting and getting others revved up...make sense?

When I heard that they won't be doing the director event I was very disappointed. I really enjoyed the special treatment the last 2 years since I've been a director. But then again it was a very large group so did we really get any special treatment? Sure we got a dinner and dancing (last year a museum tour - yawn) and a gift but, well... If they make the training event special - something that will help us help our consultants and give us a good meal... oh yes! And the gift (love those gifts!) I think it would be better in a lot of ways.

I do love the idea of being able to do something with my team. We have talked about doing an extra day in Chicago because we never get a chance to do much during conference but without the director event we could use that night and save some money too.

I guess I do like it a lot!

I was talking to my director about it - for the past couple years she hasn't gone to the Event after Conf., for a couple reasons - one - She is usually exhausted after long days and no sleep etc.....and also, we all travel down together to conference, and she would rather go home with all of her team and hang out w/ us and talk about conference etc.....(she's a sweetie!) She is excited about the new format - and she's planning on me being there with her this year. :D My plan is to help her promote to Advanced Director by conference!

BethCooks4U said:
When I heard that they won't be doing the director event I was very disappointed. I really enjoyed the special treatment the last 2 years since I've been a director. But then again it was a very large group so did we really get any special treatment? Sure we got a dinner and dancing (last year a museum tour - yawn) and a gift but, well... If they make the training event special - something that will help us help our consultants and give us a good meal... oh yes! And the gift (love those gifts!) I think it would be better in a lot of ways.

I do love the idea of being able to do something with my team. We have talked about doing an extra day in Chicago because we never get a chance to do much during conference but without the director event we could use that night and save some money too.

I guess I do like it a lot!

LOL - you summed up everything I feel!!

I'm not yet a director, but from what I understand from my upline is that the issue was with the hotels between waves. Directors from Wave 1 would stay an extra night, so that wouldn't free up rooms for those in wave 2, and so on...

I was kinda upset about it too, especially since last year was my first and I loved it (although I almost missed my train home!!). but I totally understand the need for director specific training.

I still want the gifts!!!! Is that terrible?

jmabner said:
Okay, I have to wonder, what does everyone think about the addition of the Director training at 9am on the first day of conference and the cancellation of the directors special event? Just wondering how everyone else feels about the change.

How'd I miss this? Was this announced at Leadership? or is it on CC somewhere? I'll withhold my judgement until after conference....my first reaction is not positive. I like sleeping in the first day of conference to gear up for the days ahead. (Okay...I like sleeping in EVERY day!)

I've loved every director's special event. New consultants (and hosts/customers) are always impressed when I say that The Pampered Chef rents out places like the Shedd Museum (? that's not the right name!), the zoo, etc. Last year many of my customers were impressed that Wolfgang Puck catered our meal and we had a private showing of King Tut's exhibit. My first National conference I was the only one in our group that wasn't a director and was SO jealous when they all came back talking about eating at the zoo, etc. It was a BIG motivation for me to get my act together and promote before the next conference! My two cents....

I am just seeing this! I hate if for those of you who will walk as a director by conference. The Directors Special Event was one of the highlights of last year for me. The meal was awesome and just to walk in that museum! And I got to sit with Jean Jonas and her crazy hubby at their table during dinner!

I must say tho that I enjoyed the new directors breakfast the most! Walking in and getting cheered on by Doris and Marla - I felt like Princess Di!

Is there a list of who goes in what wave?

amybee said:
Is there a list of who goes in what wave?
Yes, I believe it's on CC....plus on another conference thread someone posted the list here...

There was a list in the November Consultant Newsletter, but it has been pasted into several threads on here since then.

I was kind of disappointed too, but I'm sure they'll treat us very nicely at the Director training the first day of conference. That's true that lots of directors didn't come to that event because it was the last night of conference and many had to get going home. For me, living in the suburbs, I just got home REALLY late that night because I didn't want to spend another night in a hotel downtown. Now the only drawback will be getting up at the crack of dawn, fighting the traffic and getting downtown and to McCormick place by 9 am.

I'm sad I only got to do one Director's Event because I just promoted a year ago, but we probably shouldn't judge too much how this will differ until we go through the experience! It should be even better in the long run because the training aspect is SO needed so we can better support our teams, so this will be especially helpful to newer directors.

I'm sure they'll make it awesome!!:D

I will be promoting within the next month or two. At first, I was disappointed. But then I starting thinking some more. It works out very well logistically. Many people come into town the night before conference so the timing will be great. Even though I live in the suburbs, too, last year I checked in a night early. That way directors can travel home with their teams and build on the excitement that their consultants have.

I'm sure PC will treat us well. I was just reflecting on all the things I use in my daily life that PC gave me for FREE--tote bags, travel mug, water bottle, and of course the coveted dots apron. :) They'll take care of us, I'm sure.

IT will be great!Who wouldn't want more perks??? I love getting those prizes and we are still getting a morning that you only get as a Director. :cool: I like Becky, we walked together!!, only got to attend 1 Director Event and it was great...but I am sure the Pampered Chef has thought this over and won't dissappoint us!!:D

WOW...Becky...I just noticed how many posts you have!! :D :D :D :D :D You are almost to pink...I am just about to my stripper star!! It is a good think I am not to pink...cause my business would have suffered...I get on and just read and read instead of making calls and all that fun stuff!!!:D

Don't forget that they will be taking the money they would have used to rent out the Field Museum (or wherever) and the money for the gourmet meal and other expenses and using that to bring in speakers AND give us GIFTS!!!!!

What is National Conference 2007?

National Conference 2007 is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for its consultants. It is a 3-day conference filled with training, workshops, networking opportunities, and product launches.

When and where is National Conference 2007 being held?

National Conference 2007 will be held from August 3-6, 2007 at the Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center in Nashville, Tennessee.

How much does it cost to attend National Conference 2007?

The cost to attend National Conference 2007 is $250 per person, which includes all conference materials, meals, and access to all workshops and training sessions.

Who can attend National Conference 2007?

National Conference 2007 is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, directors, and their guests. Non-consultants can also attend as guests of a consultant.

What can I expect at National Conference 2007?

At National Conference 2007, you can expect to learn valuable business skills, get insider tips and strategies from top-performing consultants, and see the latest product releases. It's also a great opportunity to network with other consultants and build relationships.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • cmdtrgd