• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chicago NASCAR Fan Events Before Chicagoland Race

In summary, the Chicagoland race is Sat. the 11th. My DS is a HUGE NASCAR fan, and I was wondering if any locals know if there are any driver appearances or anything in Chicago in the days before the race, like at Navy Pier, or Michigan Ave, or something like that. We're coming in on Wed., and I'd have time to go to some event if I knew about it.............. If anyone local notices something advertised, please let me know. TIA!
straitfan
Gold Member
The Chicagoland race is Sat. the 11th. (I know that it's actually quite a ways from the city). My DS is a HUGE NASCAR fan, and I was wondering if any locals know if there are any driver appearances or anything in Chicago in the days before the race, like at Navy Pier, or Michigan Ave, or something like that. We're coming in on Wed., and I'd have time to go to some event if I knew about it.............. If anyone local notices something advertised, please let me know. TIA!

I've been checking out some websites to see if there are some showcars or driver appearances. Haven't found anything yet.
We love Nascar too and for my son's birthday 2 weeks ago, we visited some race car shops while in NC.
I'll keep checking.
and yes, it is a ways outside of Chicago.

KaryCam said:
I've been checking out some websites to see if there are some showcars or driver appearances. Haven't found anything yet.
We love Nascar too and for my son's birthday 2 weeks ago, we visited some race car shops while in NC.
I'll keep checking.
and yes, it is a ways outside of Chicago.

Oh, you have to keep me in the loop on this one, Karynne. My husband is a NASCAR junkie.

DessertDivaFL said:
Oh, you have to keep me in the loop on this one, Karynne. My husband is a NASCAR junkie.

Danielle, it is just so funny. I keep finding more and more we have in common. Hopefully I'll see you in Chicago since in real life we only live about 30 mins apart.

Last year we arrived the day of the race, and I spent the whole time we were at conf. looking for a race souvenier for DS. I called every sporting good store in town, asked everyone I saw, and ended up taking a bus and going to a Target to buy some stuff on the last day.......................

I do not think there is anything done in the city at all. sorry I think it is all closer to the track

pchefjaime said:
I do not think there is anything done in the city at all. sorry I think it is all closer to the track

yes, everything I have found (showcars & appearences) are in the suburbs, especially Joliet.

Only thing I did find in the city is at a Lowes where the #48 showcar only will be. It is in south Chicago 15 miles from the Sheraton.

OF COURSE I'm a Nascar Fan as well! Oh Lordy- conference is going to be a hoot!!

I'm wth Karynne- JEFF GORDON baby....but do love all Hendrick teams. ;)

Carl Edwards #99 all the way, baby!

Yes, Karynne we will probably spend more time together 1,000 mile away than we do 30 miles away! LOL

I am so glad that i am not alone! I LOVE NASCAR! It is like my soap opera. My driver is #14 Tony Stewart. Most people don't like him but I am in lust with him! I am going to the Richmond Race on Sept. 12...cant wait!!!

DessertDivaFL said:

Yes, we went by Roush 2 weeks ago too when we went Nascar sightseeing.
We actually got to meet a driver and he gave Cameron 2 lugnuts for his birthday off the car he had just driven the previous week.

Cameron has two of Carl's Hotwheels Nascar cars - the 99 and the 60 Save-a-Lot car. I know you love that grocery store. Cameron loves it when Carl wins and does his backflip.

I actually have a few favorites.
and of course a few I don't care for.

DessertDivaFL said:

Yes, Karynne we will probably spend more time together 1,000 mile away than we do 30 miles away! LOL

CARL---MMMMMMMMMM
Although DS is JJ #48 all the way. I started following Carl just to annoy him, b/c of my reasoning--he's SOOOOOOO cute. :love:

omg this is so funny i can take or leave nascar but not hubby he is so much into nascar his is tony stewart all the way.

1. What types of fan events are available before the Chicagoland race?

There are a variety of fan events available for NASCAR fans before the Chicagoland race, including driver meet and greets, autograph sessions, Q&A sessions, and interactive experiences.

2. How can I purchase tickets for the Chicago NASCAR fan events?

Tickets for the fan events can be purchased through the official NASCAR website or at the Chicagoland Speedway ticket office. Some events may require advance reservations or additional fees.

3. Are there any age restrictions for the fan events?

Most fan events are open to all ages, but some may have age restrictions or require minors to be accompanied by an adult. Please check the event details for specific age requirements.

4. Can I bring outside food or beverages to the fan events?

Outside food and beverages are not allowed at the fan events, but there will be a variety of food and beverage options available for purchase at the venue.

5. Is there parking available for the fan events?

Yes, there is parking available for the fan events at the Chicagoland Speedway. However, parking fees may apply and space may be limited, so it is recommended to arrive early or consider carpooling.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
christinaspc
  • Chef Kearns
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
Replies