• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Nancy Jo Director Retreat: Join Us and Plan Your Travel!

In summary, the group is planning on going to the Smokies for a retreat. They are excited to go and are looking forward to the experience.
flemings99
Gold Member
Anyone going? Our up-line has extended an invite to us and I'd love to go, but trying to figure out travel cost. Doesn't look like our airport goes into the closest one to the resort. Wondering if others are going how you are getting there? Airline? What airport or other means of transportation?

I'm considering it. I have two other fellow-directors planning on going too. Not many airports fly direct into Knoxville but you should be able to find connecting flights. Then need a rental car since its the Smokies are about 1hr from the Airport.

Sounds fun!

Not sure. It's a gorgeous area and I'd love to go back.I know that a lot of folks around here are likely driving/carpooling.

When my D does her annual retreat, it's always an hour from a local airport, sometimes longer. I just e-mail her and ask her to put the word out that I would like to carpool with someone and we all get in touch that way. :)

Want to go, but might have to pass. Looks like the flight is going to be around $380. Then a rental to get to the mtg. location about an hr. away. While I know it will be great, not sure I can invest that on top of the other cost.

I'm planning on attending, i need to get off my but and rsvp for it

Can you share dates and location? Not that I can go but my upline has been without power for a while and I still like to see if I could go.

March 2-4, Gaitlenburg(sp) TN (cabins in the Smokies)
You can go on the 1st (Thurs) for extra $50. It starts Fri at 6pm? (not looking at it) and everyone leaves Sunday morning. Fly into Knoxville Airport (TYS), about 1hr from Retreat location.

Dang! We don't have one of these. Can I drive up to Gburg and meet ya'll? J/k.. but if anyone wants to stay overnight halfway between Knox and Nash that's where I live. Most reasonable flights are to BNA ( Nashville.)

Good to know Becky! :D I might camp out on your floor if I decide to go and flights are too high into Knoxville. Right now I'm finding around $285 which to me is steep.
How far are you from Knox/Gat?

Melissa- I am totally serious- you are welcome to. :) I am about an hour 45 minute drive from Gburg. We are an hour and a half from Nashville, so it wouldn't be bad if you broke it up. I am sure some of my team members will extend the invite too. Would be awesome to have impromptu pow wow!! Flights to Nashville are so so so much cheaper than Knoxville. It's crazy.

I love the word CHEAPER! :)

It's about $364 for me so steep is the word I see as well.:(

WOW! Amazes me as March is not prime time flying - Spring Break is normally a few weeks later than this retreat... We'll have to just keep our eyes open.

I'm registered! Wahoo! Looking forward to meeting all who go and learning from the elites/top performers.

I've registered. I'll be there, look forward to seeing everyone that's going

Flight booked! (finally)
We're going to make our own Taste of Travel and take in Nashville along with our trip across the state to the great Smokies for the retreat. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO stinkin' excited!

Oh wait, now I better find a hotel and car or I won't be so excited. LOL

Malinda, see you there! Becky Smith - hoping to see you too on Thursday!

FO SHOW I will be seeing you!!! I am so excited!

Can't beleive we are heading out this week! Who all is going? Becky & Melissa - anyone else?

ME ME ME! :) Oh yeah, that's been said already. Can ya tell I'm so gosh darn excited?!?!? One more work day and somehow I have a bazillion things to do, close shows, laundry (to pack) LOL, work, 2 appts, 2 recruits (fingers crossed) to sign, doggy babysitting to finalize, pack and oh yeah, get up at 3am to catch my flight. :) NO WORRIES!

Becky isnt actually attending she is flying out on Friday? to another training event I believe with Belinda Ellsworth (I'm sure she'll correct me on this) but myself and another Director I'm traveling with are planning on meeting up with Becky for dinner on Thursday evening as we cross the state.

We're flying into Nashville in order to catch some sightseeing, cross the state, meet Becky along the way and stay in Gatlinburg Thursday night. Meeting up with 3 other Directors and above on Friday morning who are from PA as well and then hitting the aquarium (Ripleys, my all time favorite thus far) and whatever else on Friday before we head into the smokies for the action-packed Retreat. Head out from the Retreat Sunday morning and head back to Nashville for our own version of Taste of Travel. :)

Aren't you all glad I just spewed at the mouth? Or wait, the fingers! Yes, i feel like I'm on some goooooooooooo drug...I AM! EXCITEMENT is the drug! :)

Ok so to really answer your question, not sure if i know of anyone else on here going. I know on my emails there's "Margie Hopper" and I swear I know that name through here or CS but I could be blending them all together. :)

Malinda I see you're not on the email list of 'notes' from Nancy Jo, who are you under?

I haven't been able to tell how many ppl are attending in total but be sure we meet up in the 2 days we're there!

Have a great time! Can't wait to hear what you've learned!

Have a great time and can't wait to feel the renewed energy for your business on here when you return!

Signed,
Green with Envy!!
(I priced out the cost of airfare, etc. and it was too much:(:bawl:)

baychef said:
(I priced out the cost of airfare, etc. and it was too much:(:bawl:)

That's why I'm not going to the Manion Retreat next weekend... I couldn't justify spending the :money: right now.

Melissa78 said:
I haven't been able to tell how many ppl are attending in total but be sure we meet up in the 2 days we're there!
NJR told me she has over 200 ppl attending. Should be good!and the Ripley's Aquarium is super cool! We loved it there. I couldn't swing the cost or the time away. Have fun ladies!

DebbieJ said:
NJR told me she has over 200 ppl attending. Should be good!

and the Ripley's Aquarium is super cool! We loved it there.

I couldn't swing the cost or the time away. Have fun ladies!

WOW! 200! Thats a little much for me but gotta try it and see. Adjust accordingly in the future if its not worth it or just too big.

Flights were high for us and then fell to $245 at the end (with fees) and that's less than we have paid for Conference. Its not in my budget but really felt i had to stick my neck out and go for it and see if its what I need to either give it the big gung-ho or just dabble.

Im not sure what I'm more excited about...the retreat or seeing Nashville. The aquarium is a repeat for me but I cannot wait to go back and show it off. I guess I'm paying for my own TOT trip since I'm not eligible as of all times I had my D title on Jan 1. BOO! :D

I was hoping for Chris Manion to be there but now I know why she isn't on the list of Nationals attending.

Time will tell! less than 72hrs away!

A flight from Syacuse to NC was up around $450. :bugeye:The price to fly to Chicago to attend ULA and they were well over $800.:bugeye::bugeye: They are direct flights, but those are what I have to take when I am working....can't miss much time.:(

Melissa I'm with Darla Oelmann in her 2nd cabin.

I'm hoping this location is not in harms-way with the crazy weather that is happening... does anyone know?

Colleen- it is headed that way now. The first cell that is... ugh. it may stay south of G-burg.. just depends on the movement of the storm. We had to take cover here at school because it was literally headed right for us and then veered south a little. Looks like it is moving northeast again though. oy!

Stay safe Becky! I texted Melissa but haven't heard back. Guessing she's either out of range or the cells are knocked out (or both).Please keep us posted!

I was just thinking about them and wondering if they were in the area of the weather. It's supposed to get nasty here too and the wind is already picking up, but not expected to be as bad...I hope! It's gonna be a rough night with my dog (thankfully, I've got her Rx for Valium at the ready ;) )

Everyone stay safe! Weather can be so scarey.

Melissa texted me back... all fine... (she was at the Aquarium!) :)

I think they have seen the worst of it. We have more coming from the south of us. ugh ugh and double ugh. I was supposed to be flying to Raleigh in about an hour but I cancelled my trip. Too risky.

beckyjsmith said:
I was supposed to be flying to Raleigh in about an hour but I cancelled my trip. Too risky.

:( Dislike.

Hey everyone! Thanks for thinking of us and for the texts! After the aquarium it went downhill. Lol we bonded together in the basement at both the lodge (yes all 210 of us) and then Nancy Jo took us back to the basement in our cabin just to be safe when another round of storms came thru. I've never heard rain like we had last night and I come from an area that gets rain and flooding. Having a wonderful time despite the weather and ending up sick for first time in 3yrs. I'm sure getting soaking wet last night and then being in cold basements didn't help. Again thank you tons for the fb well wishes too. Becky your weather updates were fabulous! Hope to see u tomorrow. :) back to learning...

Oh Melissa, stay safe. Glad you are updating us here, as some of us do not get on FB very much. Hoping the weather will cooperate soon. Can not believe what some areas have gotten. Prayers for all.

beckyjsmith said:
I think they have seen the worst of it. We have more coming from the south of us. ugh ugh and double ugh. I was supposed to be flying to Raleigh in about an hour but I cancelled my trip. Too risky.

So sorry, Becky but as you know, you made the right choice.

Tee hee. Guess who I'm having lunch with right now. Melissa and her sister director Chip. Woot!

What is the Nancy Jo Director Retreat?

The Nancy Jo Director Retreat is an annual event organized by Pampered Chef for its directors to come together and plan their business strategies for the upcoming year. It is a great opportunity for networking and learning from industry experts.

How can I join the retreat?

If you are a Pampered Chef director, you will receive an invitation from your up-line to attend the retreat. You can also contact your up-line or the Pampered Chef corporate office for more information.

Is anyone else going to the retreat?

Yes, directors from all over the country will be attending the retreat. It is a great opportunity to meet and connect with other directors from different regions.

How can I plan my travel to the retreat?

The closest airport to the retreat location may not always be the most convenient or cost-effective option. Consider other nearby airports and transportation options such as rental cars or shuttle services. It is also a good idea to coordinate with other directors to split travel costs.

Which airline should I use for the retreat?

It is up to your personal preference and budget. However, it is recommended to book your flight in advance to get the best deals. You can also check with the Pampered Chef corporate office for any special discounts or promotions with specific airlines.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PampMomof3
Replies
Views
chefjeanine
  • bbauman07
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
fruit76loop