• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Trying to Find the Name of a Garlicky Dip - Need Help!

In summary, someone in the NED's group said to go look at one of the 2005 SBRC's, that there was a recipe for a dip in there that took a whole thing of garlic ~ but of course I don't have any of those here in TX with me.
Sheila
Gold Member
One of the team members in my downline got this from a customer. Anyone have a clue what recipe this customer may be referencing?

my kids loved this dip we had at a party last year but i dont know the name it was garlicky and she used the chopper to make part of the dip

That is a tough one. Especially if garlicky is the only clue. Do you know if it was a PC recipe even? If not it could be anything from a garlic salsa to a Greek Tadzhik! Italian Brochette topping or even just a simple garlic ranch.

Garden Dip (under the 30-minute chicken show recipes)? or the Bread Bowl Artichoke dip?

Kids part throws me off, as my kids don't eat anything garlicky.

Touchdown taco dip?

ROUND 2 - Name that Recipe:

From a Host this morning: "Is there something that you make with cookie dough and apples? Everyone is asking about something yummy they have had at another party they have been to."

Taffy Apple Pizza? Anyone know of another possibility? Why can't they just stick to the list we give them. I had 6 options.:cry:

flemings99 said:

From a Host this morning: "Is there something that you make with cookie dough and apples? Everyone is asking about something yummy they have had at another party they have been to."

Taffy Apple Pizza? Anyone know of another possibility? Why can't they just stick to the list we give them. I had 6 options.:cry:

No clue on the first one! That could have just been something that the consultant made up or the word garlicky just makes me think of Tastefully Simple's garlic garlic more than any PC recipe I know!

As far as this one, Taffy Apple Pizza is the only one I can think of.

Someone in my NED's group said to go look at one of the 2005 SBRC's, that there was a recipe for a dip in there that took a whole thing of garlic ~ but of course I don't have any of those here in TX with me. LOL

Sheila said:
Someone in my NED's group said to go look at one of the 2005 SBRC's, that there was a recipe for a dip in there that took a whole thing of garlic ~ but of course I don't have any of those here in TX with me. LOL

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't find the recipe here at home. Can't remember the name of it either, but you cooked 2 heads of garlic or it might have even been 3. Might check allrecipes.com

I did a search on CC just putting "garlic" and appetizer. One that came up was from SB 2006: Roasted Garlic Spread. So I googled that and found this:INGREDIENTS2 whole head garlic, unpeeled
3 plum tomatoes, each cut in 4 wedges
1 T. olive oil
8 oz. chive & onion soft cream cheese
1/4 t. dried oregano
1/4 t. salt
DIRECTIONSSlice off top quarter of each garlic head to expose garlic cloves. Do not separate cloves. Place in center of 8 in. baking dish; surround with tomato wedges. Dirzzle oil over garlic and tomatoes. Cover and bake at 425 degrees for 40-45 minutes or until garlic is soft and golden brown; cool completely. Gently squeeze garlic heads from root ends to remove cloves. Chop tomatoes and transfer to a bowl. Add cream cheese, oregano and salt; mix well. Chill until ready to serve.

I saw that too Amanda.

Interesting. But it has to bake 40-45 min's so I can't see anyone doing that as a demo at a show. Not sure how well the roasted tomatoes would chop with the food chopper either.I think the customer needs to remember more. LOL

The roasted red pepper and artichoke dip from several years ago is garlicy and you use the chopper for the artichoke hearts. It's a great show recipe and extremely tasty!!!

Use the Manual Food Processor for the tomatoes and bake the garlic at home. That is what I would have done as that consultant. Especially since it says to cool completely.

I'm thinking it might be the Chunky Artichoke Salsa.

Let me know if you want the recipe :)

Gail

Wow this could lead us to a whole new world trying to find out what the recipe is. I don't have a 2005 sb so I am out of luck.

Hot Pizza Dip - from All the Best cookbook. Uses garlic (maybe 2 cloves), and Italian Seasoning mixed with cream cheese for a base, then use food chopper to make bits of green pepper on top of tomato sauce. I love using 'pizza sauce' from a squeeze bottle (makes 3 or 4 batches) and adding pizza ingredients to the top. Always a rave reviews recipe. I'm making it for a Tailgating theme fundraiser in late October.

Can't wait to find out what recipe they're trying to find! All of the above suggestions sound yummy!

flemings99 said:

I've got this one I think! Apple Cranberry Cookie Cobbler! I make it often at my shows, last year I did it using the DCB, but now I've been halving it and using the RCB.
6 granny smiths
1 (16oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce
2/3 C of packed brown sugar
6 Tbsp all-purpose flour
2 Tsp cinnamon
1 pkg Refrigerated sugar cookie dough (keep frozen)

Preheat oven to 400.
Peel, core, slice apples. Cut apples in half, place in a bowl. Combine cranberry sauce, sugar, flour, and cinnamon. Pour over apples. Slice frozen dough into ¼ inch slices. Arrange evenly over apple mixture. Bake 30-35 minutes or until apples are tender and top is golden brown.

MarciMac - this sounds delicious!! I did a lava cake at a show on Friday and sold 3 DCB's!!!! 2 were at full price! I'm going to give them this recipe with their bakers - they are going to love it!

What ingredients are typically included in a garlicky dip?

Garlicky dips typically include ingredients such as garlic, mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, and herbs such as parsley or chives. Some recipes may also include ingredients like cream cheese, Dijon mustard, or Parmesan cheese.

What can I serve with a garlicky dip?

Garlicky dips can be served with a variety of foods such as chips, crackers, vegetables, bread, or even as a spread on sandwiches or wraps. They also pair well with chicken, fish, or grilled vegetables as a dipping sauce.

Can I make a garlicky dip ahead of time?

Yes, you can make a garlicky dip ahead of time. In fact, the flavors tend to develop more after sitting in the fridge for a few hours. Just be sure to cover and refrigerate the dip until ready to serve.

How long will a garlicky dip last in the fridge?

A garlicky dip will typically last for 3-5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. However, it is always best to check for any signs of spoilage before consuming.

Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream in a garlicky dip?

Yes, you can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream in a garlicky dip. This can help decrease the fat content and add a tangy flavor. You may need to adjust the seasonings to taste to account for the tanginess of the yogurt.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherri lynn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
  • MomsKitchen
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • luvinpc