1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Name that Recipe!

1. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

Heres a game, no actually its a question, but can kindof be like a game :)

I'm looking for a recipie that I had at my cluster meeting the other night.
    I was made with the following ingredients :

Pre-Made pizza dough crust (round)
    Queso Dip Cheese
    Red Bell Pepper
    Red Onion
    2c Chicken Breast cooked in the DCB and shredded
    Mexican Blend Shreaded Cheese

baked the crust in oven for 4 min upside down...
    poured on cheese
    sauted vegetables in the south western spice
    added cooked chicken to skillet to warm
    topped pizza
    topped with shreaded cheese,
    baked in oven.

i know how to do it, but i want to read the recipe to make sure.. cant think of the name ??

Jun 24, 2009
  2. catlwilles

catlwilles Member Gold Member

I think it is just called Southwest Chicken Pizza. It's in the new 29 Minute to Dinner Vol. 2 Cookbook. I made it for my family and they loved it. Super easy and quick!

Jun 24, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

To be exact it is called Southwestern Pizza Con Queso on page 37 of the new 29 minutes to Dinner cookbook... Here it is...

SOUTHWESTERN PIZZA CON QUESO​

1 pkg. (10 oz) prebaked thin crust pizza crust
    8 oz cooked chicken breasts (about 2 cups shredded)
    1 tsp vegetable oil
    1 small red bell pepper
    1 small green bell pepper
    1 small red onion
    2 tbsp Southwestern Seasoning Mix
    2/3 cup prepared Monterey Jack salsa con queso dip
    1/2 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend

1. Crisp crust in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place pizza crust top side down on Medium Round Stone with Handles. Bake 4-5 minutes or until crust is golden brown and crisp. Remove baking stone from oven; turn crust top side up.

2. Heat Toppings. Shred chicken. Add oil to Family Size Skillet (12 inch); heat over medium heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Cut bell peppers and onion into thin slices with Santoku Knife. Add bell peppers, onion and seasoning mix to Classic Batter Bowl; toss to coat. Add vegetable mixture to Skillet; cook 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; cook 1 minute or until heated through. Remove Skillet from heat.

3. Assemble and bake pizza. Using Small Spreader, evenly spread salsa con queso dip over crust to within 1 in. of edge. Top evenly with chicken mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 7-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; cut into wedges.

Yield: 4 servings

Jun 24, 2009
  4. Jane the PC

Jane the PC Novice Member

YAY!!!!!! thanks PaulaB and Cat... i stinkin loooove this pizza. My picky eating boyfriend loved it too! its a great dish for mexican flavor lovers.

Jun 24, 2009
  5. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I haven't tried it yet, it's on my list of things to try though, sounds awesome! Thanks for pointing it out!

Jun 24, 2009
Have something to add?