• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What's the Best Time and Theme for a Mystery Hostess Show?

P
pamperedmomtoalex
I am going to hold a mystery hostess show to try and jump start my business; I am in my 3rd starter month and have had only 6 kitchen/catalog shows.
My question is, does anyone have results with a Saturday afternoon show? or should I book a show for the evening time?
I was also thinking of doing like a Margaritaville theme for my show; that was why I was thinking Saturday.
Thanks

pamperedmomtoalex said:
My question is, does anyone have results with a Saturday afternoon show? or should I book a show for the evening time?
I was also thinking of doing like a Margaritaville theme for my show; that was why I was thinking Saturday.

I have done shows on Saturday afternoons and evenings. I find both work. I do find that when it is sports season (kids soccer, kids football, etc.), evening shows work best cause most moms are busy with their kids sports. Now that it is summer, I think anytime would work. If you want to serve alcohol, maybe a late afternoon might work.

Have FUN!

I have only been doing PC for 6 months but I haven't had one hostess schedule a Saturday evening show. They have always scheduled for a brunch show or around 2pm on Saturday. I'm not sure why as I would think Saturday evening would be best because people during the summer like to do things on Saturday during the day. So I don't see why Saturday during the day would be a problem. Talk to the guests you're planning to invite. See what time most would be able to come. I have heard of some people doing back to back shows in their home earlier in the day and then later that evening. That may be too much for you though. Maybe doing one Friday evening and then another one on Saturday during the day would be more doable. Thats totally up to you though Good luck!

Either worked for meI did open houses to start my business off. I did a Saturday afternoon Mystery Host show and a Tuesday evening Death by Chocolate show. I had about the same amount of guests at both shows. People seemed to like the option because they could choose which show best fit their schedule. I chose Saturday afternoon because I personnally have very few open Saturday nights. But you need to do what works best for your schedule. If people can't make it be sure to ask for their outside orders. Offer them an incentive, like if you can't make it but call me before a specified date with an order (or a booking) I will give you ??? or I will enter your name in the mystery host drawing, etc. That seemed to help me. In fact my mystery host winner was someone that couldn't come but booked a catalog show before the day of the party. Good luck. let us know how it works out.

theme showI have only had one show. I really am interested in the theme shows. I saw the outlines for the survior and murder shows > I need more details ...Do you still do a product demo and cook?

If you are just starting shows, I'd stick to an easier start so you can get used to what you are doing. Just my opinion. There are tons of theme shows you can do to start that stay in the same show format. You can do a Death By Chocolate, Easy Appetizers, etc. The best theme shows to do to start are one of the Celebration shows. They have the directions and tips right there....already done for you.

What is a mystery hostess show?

A mystery hostess show is a type of direct sales party where the hostess is not revealed until the end of the event. Guests place orders and are entered into a drawing to win the hostess rewards, which can include free or discounted products.

When is the best time to hold a mystery hostess show?

The best time for a mystery hostess show will vary depending on your target audience and their schedules. Generally, evenings and weekends tend to work well for most people. It's important to consider when your guests are most likely to be available and make sure to schedule the show accordingly.

Can a Saturday afternoon be a successful time for a mystery hostess show?

Saturday afternoons can be a good time for a mystery hostess show, as many people are off work and may have more free time. However, it's important to consider any competing events or activities that may affect attendance. It's also a good idea to reach out to potential guests in advance to gauge their availability and interest.

Should I have a theme for my mystery hostess show?

Having a theme for your mystery hostess show can add an element of fun and excitement for your guests. It can also help tie in your products and create a cohesive atmosphere. Consider your target audience and their interests when choosing a theme. In this case, a Margaritaville theme could work well for a kitchen and home products party. Just make sure to not let the theme overshadow the main purpose of the event.

How can I make my mystery hostess show successful?

To make your mystery hostess show successful, it's important to have a well-planned and organized event. Make sure to promote the show to potential guests and provide incentives for them to attend, such as a special discount or free gift. Have your products well displayed and be prepared to answer any questions or provide demonstrations. Also, make sure to follow up with guests after the show to thank them for attending and encourage future purchases.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • alidafrizzell
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies