• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Can I Successfully Host a Mystery Hostess Show?

Your first show with guests was a success! With luck, you will have more success with this lead and will be able to book a show with them soon. You have two leads from this show.
bejams
This was my 2nd show and I invited 10 people, not to ambitious I know but I was very nervous. I had 7 people show up and only one brought orders, so she got to be the hostess. The great thing was I had over $500 in sales and she is getting some orders at the bank she works at today, and closing tonight. I am so excited. I only need $440 more for my $1250, and I have 3 shows left. I am having a bit of trouble still, closing the show. I am uncomfortable with the ordering process, and I find the transition difficult, from putting on a show and then getting down to business.

I think thats great!!! "only" 7 showed up. I think 7 is a wonderful number.. Sure the number of ppl help but 3 ppl could buy as much as 7 so you did fantastic.. congrats!!

Angie

That's a really good turnout for only inviting 10 people! Way to go! Don't worry, submitting shows through PP will get easier the more you do it. That's great-you will definitely get to $1250 if you still have three more shows this month! That's great. Plus you'll get the new Woven Selections piece that comes out in the fall. And it sounds like maybe the 2 extra pieces if you signed up in June. Great job!

Mystery Host show did not go wellI am so glad to hear that your show went well. I can't believe you only sent 10 invites and 7 came. That is wonderful.
I also just had a mystery host show, it was to be my very first show. I walked around 60 invites in my neighborhood a week ago and last night was the show. I asked my mother and recruiter to come so if only a couple people showed they wouldn't feel to weird. Well, NOBODY showed except my mother and recruiter. I obviously didn't make any sales, but I did get a really good practice session. They said I did really well and didn't seem nervous at all. I have a regular hostess kitchen show next week, hopefully it will go better than last night. Wish me luck. I am trying not to be too bummed out about last night, but....60 invited and 0 attended :(

What part of the transition are you having trouble with? At the end of the show I talk about booking a show (again for the 10th time or so) and becoming a consultant. I tell them that I will be happy to figure out the math. I let people come up and get food and eat while they go over what they want to order. They come up to me to close out.

Mystery Hostess Showgbirkes,

I would go back around and tell all 60 people that you were sorry they couldnt come to your show but would they like to look at a catalog? Then I would place the order under your mom's name..since she did come. The show isnt over yet...get some outside orders. After talking to all 60 I bet you will have a great show!!! Let us know how it goes and Good Luck!

I am working on doing just that right now. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Thanks for the encouragment!

Some are great and some turn out not so great. Don't take it personal and It sounds like you'll do the follow up.

I did a Ladies night out in june, had 5 other vedors there, sent out 300 flyers and about the same in emails. I got 5 people show up. A lot wanted to come, but a lot of baseball was going on. Did get enough follow up orders to do a show. Win some and some just are slow. I've done others were I've had a 1,400 order shows.

Keep up the good work. Some days are good and some are not so good. Good Luck.
:)

Mystery Host followupWell... no one is interested in ordering, not even the ones I did a followup with. The good news is that I had my first show with actual guests yesterday. She had 9 orders and commissionable sales of $321, so far. She is closing her show this friday. With lots of luck I may get a $450 or $500 show as my first real show. That would be wonderful. I may also have two leads from this show. 1 is a potential host/ recruit and the other is a potential fundraiser. How much commission do we make on a fundraiser? I thought I read on this board somewhere that it is ony 15%, but in the recipe for success I didn't see anything about our commission being different than a regular kitchen show. I know that the group makes 10-15% based on how much they have in sales.

fundraiser commissionCommission on a fundraiser is 17%. It is in Recipe for Success.

What section is it in?
Thanks for the information.

Fundraiser commissionActually you only get 15% until you reach the $15,000 sales mark then it goes up to 17%

Shanon

It's under the section, Building Your Bookings. Also in that section, it explains Pampered Bride, Gift Registries, and Specialty Shows.

Good Luck,
Debbie :)

Oops, SorryShanon is right, it is only 15%, and then when you reach 15,000 in sales it increases to 17%. Also the info on the commissions is not in the section I have listed above, it is in the Policies and Procedures section.

Sorry Again,
Debbie :eek:

hostess went greatI think it's only 17% if you made 15,000 in career sales otherwise commission on fund-raisers is 15%.

Mystery Hostess???This is a great idea. From your postings I am assuming that you, the consultant, invite people to a show and ask them to bring an outside order with them. Who ever shows up with an order is the host and reaps the benefits? Am I close?

Thank you for any help. I am a new PC Consultant and I am up for any suggestions that you may lend.

Thank you.

Christol

I think there are several ways you can do a mystery host show. The way I had mine planned was to have a drawing. For every $10 in product a person ordered they received 1 ticket. After the orders were placed and the tickets filled out with name and number I would mix them up and draw out 1 or 2 names. That person would then be the host and receive the benefits. The more a person spent the more tickets they would receive and the more chance they would have of winning the drawing. If you decide to draw two names you simply put them in as co-hosts, then they have to share the benefits. There are other more complicated ways to do it, but this is nice and simple for a beginner (me). If you need further explanation don't hesitate to ask, and I will do my best or someone else might be able to explain it more clearly.

Christol,
There are several thread on this website about mystery host shows that can give you more great ideas. All you have to do is click on the search toolbar and type in mystery host show and it will bring up lots of threads and flyers and tips. If you can't find them let us know. HTH!

Did you make a mystery host flyer?Gretchen I am doing a Mystery host show in August and I was wondering did you give everyone a flyer stating you were going to do the drawings? Also did you do the host coaching for yourself with the calling to remind them and everything? Just curious I am so nervous about doing mine afraid no one will show up too. Congrats on kitchen show that's a great average you are starting with $500! ya-whoo

1. How does the "Mystery Hostess" concept work?

The "Mystery Hostess" concept is a fun and unique way to host a Pampered Chef party. The hostess invites friends and family to attend the party, but does not reveal her identity until the end. All orders placed at the party contribute to the hostess's party sales, and she will earn all the hostess rewards and benefits.

2. Can anyone be a "Mystery Hostess"?

Yes, anyone can be a "Mystery Hostess" for a Pampered Chef party. This concept is perfect for someone who wants to host a party but may not have the time or desire to do all the planning and hosting responsibilities.

3. How are the rewards and benefits determined for the "Mystery Hostess"?

The rewards and benefits for the "Mystery Hostess" are based on the total party sales. The higher the party sales, the more rewards and benefits the hostess will earn. Our Pampered Chef consultants can provide more specific details about the rewards and benefits structure.

4. Can "Mystery Hostess" parties be held online?

Yes, "Mystery Hostess" parties can be held online through our virtual party platform. This allows the hostess to invite friends and family from anywhere to participate in the party and contribute to the hostess's party sales.

5. Are there any additional costs or requirements for the "Mystery Hostess" concept?

No, there are no additional costs or requirements for the "Mystery Hostess" concept. It is simply a unique way to host a Pampered Chef party and earn rewards and benefits as a hostess. Our consultants can provide all the necessary materials and support for the party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef_2_Four
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefrhondab
  • MaryannNic