• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Mystery Host Party "Raffle"- Opinion?

In summary, you can put the show in your name as the host for online ordering purposes, or will that make the winners' receipts invalid? You should just handle any adjustments if they happen to have problems. It's okay to put the show in your name as the host for online ordering purposes. Does it look bad for ta purposes if you have another show in your name (i.e. making it look like you got more stuff than you really did?)Absolutely give them multiple ways to get their name entered- attend, order, bring a guest, bring an outside order, book a show, join my team. I give more 'tickets' for booking a show and joining my team. Just some ideas.
msmileyface
Hi everyone,

I'm planning to have my own party in February where I raffle off the hostess benefits (like a mystery host) and it will be my first time doing something like this. Two questions:

1. Is it okay to put the show in my name as the host for online ordering purposes, or will that make the winners' receipts invalid? Should I just handle any adjustments if they happen to have problems? Does it look bad for ta purposes if I have another show in my name (i.e. making it look like I got more stuff than I really did?)

2. Would you recommend having one GRAND prize (i.e., winner receives the entire host reward of free, discounted, host special, and half price items), or should I break it up into 3-4 rewards?

Thanks!!

One more question.. if anyone could weigh in on whether they are more successful with this offering tickets (bring a friend, bring an outside order, etc. giving you extra "chances" to win the host rewards) vs. just a straight "you place an order you have an equal shot to win"?

It doesn't really mater what name you put in for the show for online purposes. I put "Mystery Host". I think it reminds people ordering that the host could be them! Then in P3, I put the name of the winner as the host/co-host.
I also divide up the host rewards: a host and a co-host, plus you could have a 3rd for the monthly host special, if you wanted. (It would have to go under the host name and the winner pay for it)
Absolutely give them multiple ways to get their name entered- attend, order, bring a guest, bring an outside order, book a show, join my team. I give more 'tickets' for booking a show and joining my team. Just some ideas.

chef2you said:
I put "Mystery Host". I think it reminds people ordering that the host could be them! Then in P3, I put the name of the winner as the host/co-host.
QUOTE]

I did this, and just let the hostess get all the rewards since it was just a $200 show so not too many rewards.

chef2you... How do you usually divide the rewards?

Here's what I have done for my mystery host shows. I've done 7 of them and they are always a hit. I just do a regular demo and then take orders at the show. I let everyone know that I will pick a winner or two and they will split the host benefits. I wait to pick
the winners until after my guests have left and then I send out an email to let everyone know who and what they won. My winners are always thrilled and I have many repeat attendees over the years that bring friends to give their friends a shot at freebies!My show last year had 2 winners that were people I met that night and one of the winners had a show in the fall to get even more. I put their names in as co-hosts so they will get the rewards and 10% past host discount. Have fun with your show and invite a ton of people. Make it lots of fun for them and you! I also give everyone a season's best and raffle off small prizes during the show as well. Do what you feel comfortable with!

Thanks Gina! Is there a particular reason you wait until after the show to pick the winner? Does that make things easier? I am debating between splitting the rewards between 2 winners at a certain level (say, $600 show) vs. just having one winner. I was also thinking of pulling a winner for the 60% off host special for Feb. separately.. can you give me your opinion on this?

I usually wait until after everyone leaves so I can make sure that I have all the orders and then I can decide if I want one or two winners. It's usually chaotic at my own shows and sometimes guests will leave early so I decided this was easier. I usually ask my guests to take a catalog home in case they win so they can figure out their host order. I think that would be fine to choose a separate winner for the host special - just remember whose name it's under in case you have any warranty issues. Good luck! I always have fun at my mystery host shows and have had many happy winners over the years:)

Thanks so much :) I am debating about whether to tell people I will pick 2 winners at, say, the $600 level, or let one winner get a bigger prize.

What is a "Mystery Host Party Raffle"?

A "Mystery Host Party Raffle" is a type of party where guests are encouraged to bring a raffle prize, usually a Pampered Chef product, to be entered into a raffle drawing. The hostess then holds a raffle and the winner gets to be the "Mystery Host" and earn host rewards.

How does the "Mystery Host Party Raffle" work?

The hostess will send out invitations to guests, inviting them to bring a raffle prize to the party. The prizes are typically Pampered Chef products, but can also be other items such as gift cards or homemade items. At the party, the hostess will hold a raffle drawing and the winner will be named the "Mystery Host". This means they will earn all of the host rewards from the party, even if they did not make any purchases.

Do I have to purchase something to participate in the raffle?

No, guests are not required to make any purchases in order to participate in the raffle. However, it is common for guests to make purchases in addition to bringing a raffle prize.

What are the benefits of hosting a "Mystery Host Party Raffle"?

The main benefit of hosting a "Mystery Host Party Raffle" is the potential to earn a large amount of free and discounted products as the "Mystery Host". It also adds an element of fun and excitement to the party for both the hostess and the guests.

Can I still earn host rewards if I do not win the raffle?

Yes, even if you do not win the raffle and become the "Mystery Host", you can still earn host rewards based on the total sales from the party. The raffle is just an added bonus for the winner.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• LynWI
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies