• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Did a Mystery Host Open House Really Boost My Sales and Bookings?

In summary, the Mystery Host Open House was a successful event for the Pampered Chef consultant, resulting in a sales boost of over $700 and 9 new bookings. The event was organized by collaborating with friends who are consultants for other companies, with each contributing door prizes and selecting a Mystery Host for rewards. Despite some concerns, there were no challenges hosting a joint event and it provided the opportunity to cross-promote businesses and introduce products to new customers. The biggest benefit was the increase in sales and bookings, as well as providing a fun shopping experience for customers. A tip for other consultants looking to host a Mystery Host Open House would be to collaborate with consultants from other companies and make the event memorable for guests.
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
Hello everyone. My name is Linda Child and I've actually been lurking about this site for about a month or so now reading your posts and getting great ideas from you all. You are a very creative bunch! Thought I'd finally get around to introducing myself so I didn't fell like such a stalker!

I live just south of Atlanta, GA in Locust Grove and have a 4 year old son. I've been a consultant for 6 months now and have been in a bit of a bookings slump the past 2 months.

I've gotten some great ideas on this site and decided to host my own Mystery Host Open House (in my home) and asked my friends who are consultants for SL@Home, Longaberger, and Arbonne to join in with me. I read some posts, both for and against doing this together, and decided to go for it. WOW, it paid off great! My sales were over $700, both SL & Longaberger did $800-$900, and Arbonne got a lot of leads. We had a fantastic time. We did hourly door prize drawings and each of us selected a Mystery Host for our rewards at the end of the day.

I also got 9 bookings, I was the only one to get bookings too! My Mystery Host is buying cookware....so now I'll have enough points to get the stir-fry skillet!

Oh, and I'm in Wave 2 so hope to see and meet some of you at Conference. I've heard it's a blast! And, from what I've read I think I'll be able to pick out The Kitchen Guy from a mile away!

Thanks for all the great info, I hope I can contribute to you all too!

Linda

Welcome Linda. What an encouragement you already are!! Congrats on your successful Mystery Host Show. That's awesome, 9 bookings way to go!!!

Awesome!Welcome Linda! And Thanks for your feedback. I've been thinking about doing a Mystery Host Show myself and you have just inspired me!!:D Maybe I'll plan it for June and earn some of the new products PC is offering!:)

I too was thinking about doing a mystery host open house and was going through pros and cons and your post Linda has made me decide to go for it! I think I will follow in Jayne's footsteps and do it in June to try and get some of that free stuff as well!

That's awesome Linda!!! Way to go!:D

Thanks everyone!

Yes, the Mystery Host was a blast. A LOT of work, but worth it. I'm in a hurry right now, but I'll come back in a while and post my invitation and give you all a little more info on how we did ours.

Here's My InvitaionOkay, now I've got a few minutes. Here's the invitation that we used for our Mystery Host Open House. Each of us gave this to all of our contacts. We probably invited a total of 150 people. About 40 came to the Open House and we each had several orders ahead of time from those who could not make it.

Each hour one of us did a Door Prize drawing and we each did one at the end of the day for a total of 2 door prizes each. We made them good prizes too - each was worth $20-25 in retail value.

I also used this as an excuse to demo some recipes that I've been wanting to try (thought I'd give my hubby a break). I probably made too many things, but at the end of the day there really wasn't that much food left over. And, now I know how to make some more recipes.

Since we held this in my neighborhood, I really didn't know how it was going to turn out for me. I thought I might get a few sales and maybe a booking or 2. I was greatly surprised to see my sales get over $700 and 9 bookings. Several of these are catalog shows, but I'll take what I can get! I've got 4 booking for June so hopefully I can do well in the sell-a-thon and get some more FREE STUFF!

Hope this helps you all! You've been a great help to me.

Linda

Attachments

• Mystery Host Open House Extravaganza.doc
    45 KB · Views: 677

1. How did the Mystery Host Open House benefit your sales and bookings?

The Mystery Host Open House was a huge success for my Pampered Chef business. It boosted my sales by over $700 and I was able to secure 9 new bookings. Additionally, my friends who are consultants for other companies also saw an increase in sales and leads. It was a win-win for all of us!

2. How did you organize the Mystery Host Open House?

I invited my friends who are consultants for other companies to join me in hosting the event at my home. We each contributed to the event by providing door prizes and selecting a Mystery Host for our rewards at the end of the day. We also did hourly door prize drawings to keep the excitement going throughout the event.

3. Did you face any challenges with hosting a joint event with consultants from other companies?

I did read some posts for and against hosting a joint event with consultants from other companies, but I personally did not face any challenges. In fact, it was a great opportunity for us to cross-promote our businesses and introduce our products to new customers. Plus, we all had a blast working together!

4. What was the biggest benefit of hosting a Mystery Host Open House?

The biggest benefit for me was the increase in sales and bookings. I also loved the fact that I was able to provide a fun and unique shopping experience for my customers. And as a bonus, I now have enough points to get the stir-fry skillet that I've been eyeing!

5. Any tips for other consultants who want to host a Mystery Host Open House?

My biggest tip would be to collaborate with consultants from other companies. It not only adds variety for your customers, but also expands your network and potential customer base. Also, don't forget to have fun and make it a memorable event for your guests!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• KarenH
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Roadtripray
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • amgreen66