1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Mystery host benefits

1. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

Out of the 5 people who said they would participate in my Mystery Host Show only 2 turned in orders. Good thing, it's just over $600 in orders! I can only imagine if everyone had turned in orders. I'm trying to figure out how to split it up though. One had about $400 in orders, the other had $200. Should I split the free product value in half or 2/3 - 1/3? There are two half priced items so I figured they would each get one and each will get one of the host special items.

Nov 8, 2009
  2. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Hmmm, I'd probaby give more FPV to the $400 order. Like you said 2/3.

3. wadesgirl

The only thing that I don't like is that if it were a $1000 show I would have been drawing for the benefits so it wouldn't have mattered if one sold more than the other, they would have all had a fair chance. Maybe I'll just do 50-50 and they can deal with it!

Nov 9, 2009
  4. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

If the 400 person had done her own show she'd have received $60 in FPV, 2 half priced, 1 Host special & 20% off

If the 200 person had done her own show she'd have received $25 in FPV, 0 half-priced, 1 Host special & 20% off.

It's really not fair for the 400 to loose a 1/2 priced item!

Here's how I'd break it up if it were my 2 hosts:
    * 400 = $75 in FPV, two 1/2 priced items, 1 Host Special and 25% off anything else that they want
    * 200 = $40 in FPV, zero 1/2 priced items, 1 Host Special (can't have what the 400 person picked) and 25% off anything else that they want

This way, they BOTH get a better deal than they would have gotten if you split the shows & submitted them as two separate ones. AND you can do one as the host, one as the co-host so that their product warranties are under the correct name in corporate's computer! :D

Nov 9, 2009
  5. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Man Sheila....you're a rock star!

6. Sheila

Sheila Legend Member Gold Member

Awe, thanks! :D

Nov 10, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

I split it $80/$35 and then gave them each a half priced item. They are also getting a gift from me for participating (trivet) and will each get the PHD. The $400 host didn't want the host specials so I gave those to the other host. They were both excited to see what they got.

Nov 10, 2009
  8. littlemaisyPC

littlemaisyPC Member Gold Member

Glad it worked out for you. I have 5 doing my mystery show and I'm afraid it won't make the $1000 so I'm hoping they'll be like your host's and go for more.

Nov 10, 2009
  9. wadesgirl

I had 5 to start and only two turned anything in. Two told me they had nothing and the other one never returned my phone calls. I was very excited when the one host told me she had $400!

Nov 10, 2009
Have something to add?