• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Revolutionize Your Direct Sales Biz: MyConsultant App

In summary, Julie Anne Jones blogged about a smartphone application that is helpful for consultants. She developed the app for her wife and it has been useful to many other consultants. The app is now available on the Android Market and the iPhone is coming soon.
NooraK
Gold Member
Has anyone tried this?

MyConsultant | Facebook

Julie Anne Jones blogged about it yesterday:

http://julieannejones.com/a-direct-sales-app

A few weeks ago I got an e-mail from the husband of one of the direct sellers who follows me on Facebook and reads this blog. This is what his e-mail said:

"I wanted to contact you about a smartphone application I developed for my wife. She is a consultant for Thirty-One Gifts and as a hobby, I develop apps for Android phones. After her parties she kept mentioning to me how much time and attention the checkout process took. She didn't want to make any calculation errors or mess up the customer's order, so this caused her attention to NOT be on the most important thing… The customer! That is when I started working on MyConsultant. It's an app that I initially made just for her that helped add products, figure out shipping, tax and discounts. She had a few other consultant that thought it would help so I put in on the Android Market. It turns out that the app has been extremely useful to many consultants from many different companies. Just recently, I teamed up with another company that is helping me to develop the app for iPhone and iPad."

My ears perked up at that last sentence. Many of you know that I'm an Apple girl. I got a Mac about two years ago and my iPhone and iPad quickly followed. I was pretty excited about the potential of this app, checked it out, LOVED it, and agreed to share it with you all. I really do think this app has the potential to totally change your direct sales business.

You can read the rest on her site.

The iPhone is now available on Sprint, and since HP has killed the Pre, I might consider switching. I have not been bringing my laptop to shows lately because I want to minimize what I carry, but this might be a great solution.

I saw this today and was just saying to myself how lucky we are that we have P3! I can't believe that other companies don't have something like this for their consultants. I'm going to continue to use the laptop w/ P3 as opposed to this though, because why double the work? Input it once and be done! :) Now, if only our tech guys would develop a P3 app that could be a partner to our P3!!! ;)

I'd love to see an App that would upload to our P3. I suggested it at conference this year. It would be so helpful - and make it possible to carry less!! I currently carry a BlackBerry, but would switch to Android in a second for that!

Thirty-one consultants have to enter all their orders online so even if they bring a laptop to a show, they have to have an internet connection.

I do love P3, and could even start bringing my laptop to shows again. But I was thinking this would also be great for booths and when meeting people out and about (not that it has happened to me yet). Yes, I can do all the math on the calculator on my phone, too, but I was just curious if this might have an added benefit.

I've seen other companies that required an internet connection for data entry too. So glad we can do what we need to do & THEN go online! We don't have to worry about "timing out" if we get distracted! :D

OMG - I just went and downloaded the app. Been playing with it for 20 mins NO Forced close - HUGE plus! U can enter the $4.75 PC shipping and ur tax rate and it calculates! LOVE it so far - THANK YOU THANK YOU

I just tried it and it works! I like that you can have it calculate tax on shipping, or not, depending on your state. The only flaw I can see so far is that it doesn't differentiate between taxable items and pantry items (non-taxable), and you can't put in the past-host discount before tax is calculated.

I'll have to check this out for booths. I wonder if it will work for AK orders since our shipping is way different then the rest of you guys ;)
Had a consultant up here ask tech support if she should get an iPad and without saying yes or no, he kept telling her, "not yet", "not yet" which leads me to think they're working on an app :)

Just downloaded it and it looks like I can put in both the percentage and flat rate for shipping since AK is 15% + $2. Neat! Not sure how often I'll use it since I do bring my laptop to shows and I don't do a huge amount of booths, but a lot of my team does everything by hand at their shows, so this will be a huge help to them!

1. How does the MyConsultant App work?

The MyConsultant App is a comprehensive tool designed specifically for direct sales consultants. It allows you to easily manage your business on the go by providing features such as inventory management, customer profiles, order tracking, and more. It also integrates with popular social media platforms and provides marketing resources to help you grow your business.

2. Is the MyConsultant App user-friendly?

Yes, the MyConsultant App is designed to be user-friendly and easy to navigate. It has a simple and intuitive interface, making it suitable for both beginner and experienced direct sales consultants.

3. Can I use the MyConsultant App on multiple devices?

Yes, the MyConsultant App can be downloaded and used on multiple devices such as smartphones, tablets, and laptops. This allows you to access your business information and manage your business from anywhere, at any time.

4. Does the MyConsultant App offer any training or support?

Yes, the MyConsultant App offers a variety of training resources and support to help you make the most out of the app. This includes tutorials, webinars, and a support team that is available to assist you with any questions or issues.

5. How much does the MyConsultant App cost?

The MyConsultant App offers a range of pricing plans to fit different budgets and needs. You can choose between a monthly or annual subscription, with the option to upgrade or cancel at any time. There is also a free trial available for those who want to test out the app before committing to a subscription.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • esavvymom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • Karen Kuba