• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Upgrade Your Kitchen: The Ultimate $600 Wishlist for a New Home | Tips & Ideas

so it's actually more like $32.50 for her and then you'd get $32.50 in commission. If the amount for *extra* half price items added to $77, after 22% commission (the least you'd get with a $1000 show) you'd pay $60.06 but like I said, 4 of the items are already 1/2 price so you would be spending even less.
TheFreddiesCook
She just moved with boyfriend to a new place- their first together and she wants to setp up her kitchen... Her list is about $600. Should I treat it almost like a shower-make list available for her guests to purchase stuff from her list as well, as gifts for her new kitchen? Would this be right? Any one who's done this? Advice? Go for it? Don't even think about it? What do you say?

Personally I wouldn't do it as a shower. Push for a large guest list and do a lot of host coaching for high attendance and outside orders so she can earn the items on her wish list. If I were invited to a PC party for someone who just moved in with her boyfriend and I was asked to buy her a gift for her kitchen, I probably wouldn't go, but that's just me. Wedding gift fine, shower gift sure, engagement gift maybe, because you moved in with your boyfriend? Uh no.

vanscootin said:
Personally I wouldn't do it as a shower. Push for a large guest list and do a lot of host coaching for high attendance and outside orders so she can earn the items on her wish list. If I were invited to a PC party for someone who just moved in with her boyfriend and I was asked to buy her a gift for her kitchen, I probably wouldn't go, but that's just me. Wedding gift fine, shower gift sure, engagement gift maybe, because you moved in with your boyfriend? Uh no.

Ditto. :thumbup:

Ok, thanks.... I was not sure... I am just trying to see how much of her list we can get her at a mininal cost to her... Her list is long... and $$$$$!
THanks for the advice!

TheFreddiesCook said:
Ok, thanks.... I was not sure... I am just trying to see how much of her list we can get her at a mininal cost to her... Her list is long... and $$$$$!
THanks for the advice!

The more guests she invites the more orders she'll get and the more she'll get free. Everything else will be at a discount (on sale) so depending on her budget she ay be able to get it all. I've had people get $600 in products for around $200-250.

To help motivate her in getting good attendance & plenty of outside orders, you may want to consider offering her 50% off entire catalog if she hits $1,000 in guest sales. Then, pick her 5 largest $ items as her 4 half-price items, $215 of free product, and then she will already be getting 30% off everything else, you just need to chip in the extra 20% off everything else. Keep in mind, you will be earning commission on the "everything else", so it won't actually cost you the full 20%.

If there is something on her wish list for the upcoming host monthly special, encourage her to get bookings from her friends. This way it is a win/win situation.

I am not sure I understand this.... I can't come up with a lot of money out of my pocket! Let's try again...

TheFreddiesCook, if I understand the concept correctly, here's the math:

$600.00 wish list
-$215.00 Free Product (for $1,000.00 show)
= $385.00
- $192.50 (Host's portion of 50/50)
= 192.50
- 115.50 (Host's 30% discount on $385.00)
= $77.00 Total cost you pay - BEFORE receiving your commission on a $1,000.00+ show.

Note, this calculation does NOT include the 4 half-price items, so the amount out of your pocket will be significantly less! Also, the key condition here is that the show reach AT LEAST $1000.00 in guest sales

pampchefsarah said:
TheFreddiesCook, if I understand the concept correctly, here's the math:

$600.00 wish list
-$215.00 Free Product (for $1,000.00 show)
= $385.00
- $192.50 (Host's portion of 50/50)
= 192.50
- 115.50 (Host's 30% discount on $385.00)
= $77.00 Total cost you pay - BEFORE receiving your commission on a $1,000.00+ show.

Note, this calculation does NOT include the 4 half-price items, so the amount out of your pocket will be significantly less! Also, the key condition here is that the show reach AT LEAST $1000.00 in guest sales

Not quite right. She gets 4 things for 1/2 price from PC so you wouldn't be paying any part of that. And the part that you'd be paying the 20% on is commissionable to that has to be subtracted too. AND the full 70% that is paid by her and you are added to your sales for the month.

If the amount for *extra* half price items added to $77, after 22% commission (the least you'd get with a $1000 show) you'd pay $60.06 but like I said, 4 of the items are already 1/2 price so you would be spending even less.

BethCooks4U said:
Not quite right. She gets 4 things for 1/2 price from PC so you wouldn't be paying any part of that. And the part that you'd be paying the 20% on is commissionable to that has to be subtracted too. AND the full 70% that is paid by her and you are added to your sales for the month.If the amount for *extra* half price items added to $77, after 22% commission (the least you'd get with a $1000 show) you'd pay $60.06 but like I said, 4 of the items are already 1/2 price so you would be spending even less.
Or you could just point out to the host that WOW, if the party is $1000, she gets all that stuff for only 77 or 60 or what ever. Has she actually told you she wants only free stuff? I'm on the border of consultant-ship, recruiting myself after a 1200 show last month. I really didn't have all that much stuff in mind, just wanted to have fun. I still can't believe all the stuff I got for about $60, and if I hadn't bought 2 DCB's as gifts for my family, I wouldn't have paid a dime.
PC's host benefits are great, and she may be expecting to pay something.....Have you asked her about her expectations or are you assuming she wants her whole wish-list free? It would be cool if that happened, but she may not expect it.Marghi

BlueMoon said:
Or you could just point out to the host that WOW, if the party is $1000, she gets all that stuff for only 77 or 60 or what ever. Has she actually told you she wants only free stuff?

I'm on the border of consultant-ship, recruiting myself after a 1200 show last month. I really didn't have all that much stuff in mind, just wanted to have fun. I still can't believe all the stuff I got for about $60, and if I hadn't bought 2 DCB's as gifts for my family, I wouldn't have paid a dime.
PC's host benefits are great, and she may be expecting to pay something.....

Have you asked her about her expectations or are you assuming she wants her whole wish-list free? It would be cool if that happened, but she may not expect it.

Marghi

Great points. Our host benefits are awesome - best in the business. I am amazed that we even think about giving even more. Actually, by giving extras we are diminishing the benefits - kind of saying that we think they aren't all that good.

I offer extra bonuses if I am trying to fill particular dates or reach a personal goal. Otherwise I go by the benefits the company provides and I proudly state "look what PC is giving you just for having your friends over!"

1. What is the "My $$$ Wish List Host" program?

The "My $$$ Wish List Host" program is a special promotion offered by Pampered Chef for hostesses who have a wish list of items they would like to receive as rewards for hosting a party. It allows the hostess to earn credit towards these items based on the sales from their party.

2. How do I become a "My $$$ Wish List Host"?

To become a "My $$$ Wish List Host", you simply need to host a Pampered Chef party and create a wish list of items you would like to receive as rewards. Then, invite your friends and family to shop and earn credit towards your wish list items based on the sales from your party.

3. Can I choose any items I want for my wish list?

Yes, you can choose any items from the Pampered Chef catalog as your wish list items. However, the total value of your wish list cannot exceed the credit you have earned from your party's sales.

4. How much credit can I earn towards my wish list items?

The amount of credit you can earn towards your wish list items depends on the total sales from your party. The more sales, the more credit you will earn. Your consultant can provide you with a breakdown of how much credit you have earned based on your party's sales.

5. When will I receive my wish list items?

Your wish list items will be shipped to you after your party has closed and all orders have been processed. This typically takes 1-2 weeks after your party date. Your consultant will keep you updated on the status of your wish list items and when you can expect to receive them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pkd09
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
rennea
  • BeckyC5830
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • babywings76