• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Having a Website as a Direct Seller Worth It?

In summary, having a website opens up many doors for you and can be a great way to increase your business.
kitchen queen
I just wanted to say that anyone who doesn't have a website yet, should get one. I'm in my SS #2 and have 2 catalog shows this month. My catalog show that is in CA (I live in OH) has two orders and the commissionable sales are at $188. Having this web site has opened so many doors for me already.

If you don't have a website yet....get one!!

Sara

I'm also a firm believer in the personal website. I rec'd 2 orders off of during one of my last shows, and the commission I made off those 2 orders paid for the website. Can't beat it!! Everyone needs their own personal website.

I haven't had much sucess with my website :( I haven't had it for very long (going on 5 months) and I haven't had any host utilizing it! I'm thinking that I won't renew in June.

Any tips to get it going successfully?

Thanks,
Maria

increasing web businessMaria~

I think how much your promote your website directly affects the number of hosts that use your website.

1. I always act excited about the website when talking about it.

2. I also make sure when I'm host coaching that I offer to put in the web addresses and names if I feel the hosts are a little afraid of the technology. (This also gives me all of the names & emails of people who don't attend...I can send them monthly flyers.)

3. I have found that usually my hosts that have booked parties off someone who used the website tend to use it also.

4. If you get a host who uses the website, then copy the page of her guests with their email addresses. Put it in her 'folder' for pasts hosts. When it comes time for her to have another party in 6-12 months, then say "I already have your guests from last time, would you like me to put them in the computer for you?" --she will love you for that!!

I hope this helps!! :)

Sara

Awesome, Sara...thanks so much. I will definitely try out those tips.

I set up the e-invites myselfI have found my hosts use my website b/c I set up their e-invites for them. Then I send a separate email explaining how to send out the e-invites and preview it. They seem to like that. I also inform them that the guest list doesn't have to be only for people they e-vite, but they can use it as a managing tool. I have had guests put email addresses as [email protected] in the guest info to let them know that person was not e-invited.
If you are interested:

To set up their e-invite, go to Consultant's Corner- Work with Personal Website- Work with Shows- Click on the Show- Go to Guest List- Put your name in the info as a guest (you can remove it when you're done)- Make a Customized Email (I think that's what its called) - at the pull down menu Send E-invite. Then you can write out a little invitation geared at the theme, select an image and then Save.

I then send one to my own email to preview how it will look to the guests. Then I just go back in and remove my name as a guest. The host simply uses their password and starts sending out the invites. Works every time!

web site worth it?I haven't had a lot of hosts using the website for invitations but those that have really appreciate it! I do know that a lot of people have it bookmarked and check in every so often. It's also a great extra to help host coach! There is nothing like face-to-face or phone coaching but they can go back to that web site 24/7! And they can have out-of-town friends look at the catalog without you paying postage to send one (although I do anytime someone requests it!) You really don't know exactly how much it is being used because I have found that most will shop on the site and then give the order to the host so they are SURE that she gets credit. I have gotten orders and leads because it's there so I would definitely renew!

I have advertised in the paper and gotten my name out there lots of ways and have found that the best use of my dollars has been the website!!

Worth it? Absolutely!

I don't have many hosts use my web site. I try to encourage them to. HOWEVER, I did get (my first) contact lead from it tonight!! I am soooo excited :p I have had two HWC fliers at Wal-Mart since the end of April with several biz cards attached. I check on them regularally and add biz cards when needed but have not had the first call. This eveining when I checked my email I had a lady that went to my web site and contacted me with interest in hosting a show and purchasing products!! YEAH!! I tried calling her but didn't get an answerm (bummer)...left message on mach.

website emailIsn't it great when someone contacts you through your website? Congrats!! I hope it turns into a recruiting for you!

Sara

Website AdvertisingHow have you gone about advertising your website? Is it a lot of upkeep on your part?

I'm thinking about getting one, just not sure if I want to spend the $$ right now. It seems as though I'm spending more $$ on supplies and set up than I am making right now. I just started early April. Just in the get up and go phase...

kitchen queen said:
I just wanted to say that anyone who doesn't have a website yet, should get one. I'm in my SS #2 and have 2 catalog shows this month. My catalog show that is in CA (I live in OH) has two orders and the commissionable sales are at $188. Having this web site has opened so many doors for me already.

If you don't have a website yet....get one!!

Sara

Here's a follow up on my earlier post. I called the contact from my web site today. She has been in this area for 3 years and I'm the first PC consultant she has ran across!! According to her, In the area that she used to live in there seemed to be a PC or Home Interior person around every corner. Anyway, she booked a show for early June!!

I also got another email today from the sister of a customer today in another state. She went to my web site and is interested in purchasing both Quick-Stir Pitchers. I sent her an email about the Host Special so hopefully she will book a catalog show so she can get them at a discount.

not much trouble at allI'm in my SS#2 right now. I signed up at the end of March (the last day) and got off to a great start.

As far as my web site is concerned, it hasn't been hard to keep up with at all. I put labels on my catalogs and the bottom line is my website information. I also put up flyers where I work out with my web information on that also.

I just keep mentioning it!!

As far as upkeep, it's easy. All the tools you need are right there at your findertips. The company provides a great deal of information that you can put into your website.

email me if you want to talk about it some more...
[email protected] :)

1. How do I access my Pampered Chef website?

To access your Pampered Chef website, go to the main Pampered Chef website and click on the "Login" button at the top right corner. Enter your login credentials and click on "Sign In". This will take you to your personal website dashboard where you can manage your site.

2. Can I customize the design of my website?

Yes, you can customize the design of your website by going to the "Design" tab in your website dashboard. From there, you can choose from a variety of templates and customize the colors, fonts, and layout to make your website unique.

3. How do I add products to my website?

To add products to your website, go to the "Shop" tab in your website dashboard. Click on "Add Product" and select the product you want to add from the catalog. You can also add products to specific categories and customize the pricing and descriptions.

4. Can I track my website's performance?

Yes, you can track your website's performance by going to the "Analytics" tab in your website dashboard. This will show you data such as website traffic, sales, and customer behavior, which can help you make informed decisions about your website and business.

5. How do I promote my website?

There are many ways to promote your website, such as sharing it on social media, including the link in your email signature, and offering special promotions and discounts to drive traffic to your site. You can also utilize the marketing materials and resources provided by Pampered Chef to promote your website and products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
Gatorbits
  • milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
sharalam