• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Staying Stateside: Updates on Our Family's Situation

In summary, the government is telling everyone to return to Japan, but the husband and wife decide not to bring their children back just yet because of the radiation. They will be staying in the US for a few months and then reassessing their situation. They are excited to visit Toronto and meet some other chef successors.
Sheila
Gold Member
Hey everyone, just wanted to update and let you all know what's going on with me ...The government is out of money, so they've decided it's "safe" for everyone to return to Japan now. :rolleyes:Hubby and I are not so convinced.I've borrowed the bare essentials on furniture from friends, family and friends-of-friends/family and we are literally camping out in my vacant house (which luckily didn't currently have renters). I got cable & internet connected about 4 hours ago.Hubby and I have decided that it's NOT in our best interest to bring the toddlers back to Japan just yet. I'll be staying stateside 4-6 months minimum, and then we'll reassess if the kids & I will be going back to Japan or staying longer. Rumor has it that the Japanese are planning to concrete in Fukushima like the Germans did with Chernobyl. I've heard that they are talking about doing that sometime in September. We'll see.I do know that they said mushrooms & spinach were not safe from the Fukushima area, then they dumped all that radioactive water into the Pacific ... had fish 50 miles out testing positive for radiation ... now they are saying that the milk from the local cows is safe & letting the local farmers sell it! :eek:Not judging anyone who stayed or has decided to return in the next few days ... but it's definitely not the right decision for our family for us to return at this time.I'll be doing my business from Texas for the next few months & still planning to go to conference! ;)Oh, Toronto ... Pampered Chef had (are you ready for this?) agreed to break the rules & let hubby still fly from Tokyo and my ticket get changed to Dallas/Fort Worth ... but hubby's job is not cooperating!!! :cry: I asked if I could change who was going & have 2 tickets from DFW & was told no, it was too late to change the names. We haven't canceled hubby's ticket yet ... hoping his command will change their mind & let him go at the last minute. But right now, it looks like I'll be making the trip to Toronto alone. :(

Sheila, I am so glad that you and the kids are staying put. It is such a scarey situation there and it appears to me that the Japanese government is not being 100% up front with all of the details.

Sorry to hear that you probably will be going to Toronto alone, but hopefully you will get to relax a bit from all of the events of the last month or so.

Oh, I get an extra day to relax since I asked them to make our original tickets from Tokyo 1 day early & am paying an extra night at the hotel to recuperate from the jet lag & time difference that I now won't have. LOLI do have 2 mommy friends in that area. Guess I'll be spending some time with them! Hey, I wonder if I'll be able to bring one of them to the dinner? Hmmmm.....

Sheila -
Have you talked to Deena about your situation with the trip? I would call her and see if she can talk with someone at home office about it. Or email Jean Jonas ([email protected]) she has been wonderful to our team!

No, hadn't thought about it. Just talked with the travel agency who I must admit has really gone above & beyond trying to make this work for us. They were the ones who got approval to break the rules and have us fly from different locations without me having to pay the difference (since the tickets had already been purchased from Tokyo and the extenuating circumstances of downgrading to a cheaper place for me). But she flat out said it was too late to cancel his ticket & buy a new one for a different name. They can't just "change" it, they would have to cancel & start over. :(

Oh ... here's a photo of the kids in Tokyo just before boarding the plane last month:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/197496_1904208410123_1389121744_3041025_7586085_n.jpgHere's a photo a few days later in Texas:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/205650_1973122772939_1389121744_3133303_1386242_n.jpgI like the smiles on their faces in the TEXAS photo much more than the uncertainty of the radiation in Tokyo! ;)

definately agree with your decision on staying in Texas. Your kids are adorable - maybe i'll see you in Toronto - looking forward to it.

Whether you go alone or not, i'm sure us many chef successors would be honored to have you hang with us :)

How frightful...LOVE the picture in Texas!! I love the look of pure unadulterated happiness!!

Yes, they were having fun with the pretty weather & being able to play outside! :D

1. Can you provide an update on your family's situation?

As of now, our family has decided to stay in the United States for the time being. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will make any necessary changes in the future, but for now, we feel it is best to remain here.

2. What factors influenced your decision to stay stateside?

There were a few factors that played into our decision. First and foremost, the current pandemic has made international travel more complicated and unpredictable. Additionally, we have family and support systems here in the US that we feel more comfortable being close to during these uncertain times.

3. Are there any changes in your work with Pampered Chef due to this decision?

No, our work with Pampered Chef will continue as usual. We are fortunate to have a job that allows us to work remotely and still serve our customers. We are committed to providing the best service possible and are grateful for your continued support.

4. Will you be resuming international travel in the future?

As of now, we are unsure when we will resume international travel. We are constantly monitoring the situation and will make decisions based on the safety and well-being of our family and those we may come in contact with during our travels.

5. How can we support you during this time?

Your continued support and understanding mean the world to us. We appreciate your patience as we navigate through these challenging times. If you would like to help, consider sharing our updates and products with your friends and family. Every little bit helps, and we are grateful for your support.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
minirottie
  • Sheila
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Sheila
  • Sheila