• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Twisted Take on San Francisco...

In summary, my sister and I had an amazing time in San Francisco! We met a lot of hippies and homeless people and had a great time shopping at the various stores throughout the city.
pchefkristin
Ok, first off, before you go reading into my tales of SanFrancisco just know, you may not agree with what we did on our trip or wish to comment at all. That is totally fine. I had an amazing time with my sister.

In no way did I compromise my beliefs or do harm to anyone (including myself), so when some of you read this your face is going to be looking like this: :eek: I have never made myself out to be anything that I am not, and I know where I come from and where I am going. So, if you dare to take the trip through the eyes of twins who love life & finding out more about real people~ read on! :cool:

I had the most amazing time with my twin sister! Looking back on the weekend, there would have been NOBODY else that could have made this trip what it was but her!

We were set to fly out Thursday morning. We got on our plane in Saginaw, taxied down the runway & then turned around. Left engine was broke~Ugh! What a way to start the day!
While trying to see if they could get us all on other flights (me and sista, My friend Tracy and her DH, and Michelle and her DH), the gal was just rattling off different options for us. She couldnt get all of us on one flight together unless we wanted to be in San fran at 10pm. So while everyone was milling around the possibilities, I spoke up and said we would take the connecting to Detroit. (Since it said on the display behind the gals "Detriot 10:20). So they changed mine & Erins tickets to fly to Detroit via San Fran. Instead of arriving at 11am, we would be in by 2:30pm, which was fine. Just after we got our tickets, they cancelled the original flight completely, so the other gals got diverted everywhere & finally got in at 8pm. So glad we got the first flight out!

We all did get bumped to first class from Detroit to San Fran, which was AWESOME! Though our flight attendant (Bruce) looked like the scary old preacher from the Poltergiest movies! When asking about our meals, we were giving the option of "Would you prefer the Hot Turkey Sandwich, or the Wonderful, very good, tastey, healthy for you salad?" We got the turkey, to which Bruce showed great distain... and every one in first class got the same question as Erin and I did... maybe they didnt have enough turkey sandwiches~ who knows!

We got into San Fran, & it was cooler than we had hoped, but still beautiful. Pampered Chef met us, grabbed all our bags, and shuttled us to the hotel where we checked in. Then went to the Hospitality suite to get our Pampered Chef goodies!

Not sure that we did a whole lot on Thursday night~ very tired ~ think we mostly hung out around the hotel & relaxed.

Friday morning was April 20th~ apparently a Happy Hippie Holiday (420 ~ Police code for pot smokers). Without realizing, we decided to hit the Golden Gate Park & shop Haight street all day! We took a bus up to the park & met TONS of hippies and homeless peeps. We looked totally tourist for sure! We met up with a dreadlock dude named "Spanky" and his pal Nick, and some other cutie gal, whose name I forgot, or maybe didnt even catch to begin with. We did indulge in the holiday, but didnt hang out at the park too long, as we were up for seeing Haight street a bit. One of the first stores we came upon was Haight Street goodwill! So we went in & hippified ourselves out of tourist mode a bit. Then went in search of backpacks to carry all the goodies we found there!

We walked the entire length of Haight street, & shopped tons! One shop we went into was full of all kinds of different things. We actually got to see the shopkeeper again after we left his shop, as he was running down the street, with a hammer in his hands. He passed us and came up on some hippie homeless kids! Grabbed one from behind & threw him against the wall. Shook his hammer at the kids face & searched his person until he pulled out a little trinket the kid had stolen from his shop. Later at the park at Haight & Ashbury, we saw this same vagrant kid getting his butt beat by another vagrant kid. Wasnt his day for sure!

We walked the entire street up to Market street, got a little something to eat, shopped at a street market, then went to the hotel where we got ready to go to Oakland to see Erins SIL & the new twin babies. We rode the BART train out there. It took us UNDER the bay and bridge, which was wacky, but we didnt even realize it until her SIL said, "How did you like going under the water?" SIL drove us back to the BART after we spent about 3 hours cuddling those sweet baby girls! Got some pics of the twins holding the twins. Very cool!

On our way back to the hotel, we got to see a Jimi Hendrix cover band on the corner of the street just rockin out! Just set up, amps & all!

We got back to the hotel & chilled the rest of the evening. Got up early on Saturday to have some breakfast at the hotel. We missed the Japanese Tea Garden when we went to the Park on Friday so we ventured back that way on Sat. morn. Met some cool homeless peeps on the bus. Started talking essential oils & things with them. Erin hooked up Andre', who was kind of having a bad morning, with some White Angelica, which wards off Negativity. They were lovin us & we thought they were all very nice too. Some of the other people on the bus were interested to know about the oils too, so Erin held a little session right there on the bus, giving info to those who were interested. We all got off the bus at the park & ran into the hippie chick from Friday. Also met another hot hippie named Vaugh, who was carring his bongo drums. Indulged a bit more with our new friends, then Andre' & his wife Mary, along with their two friends JC & ?? walked to the gardens. They were AWESOME tour guides, & showed us lots of things we never would have found ourselves. We saw Shakespear gardens, then went to the Japanese Tea Gardens, where we left our new friends to explore a bit by ourselves. It was just beautiful! We left the Gardens and happened upon the Museum of Science, where I got a picture of a giant safety pin. The lady at the gate was less than pleasant with us (as we blended so well into the city) she started cutting us off to the museum, & proceeded to tell us where the FREE sights were! So we decided instead to go to Pier 39. We caught a cab, which was a HUGE mistake. You know in the movies you see of San Fran with the speeding cars catchin air over the hilly streets... apparently our cab driver was trying out for a driving part in a movie we were not aware we were caught in the middle of! I do think we were airborn a few times, as we were going about 80 MPH down those hills. UGH!

We got to the Pier, shopped a bit, & ate at Bubba Gumps. Erin had never been there before so she was diggin on it! After lunch we did see the sea lions~ very cool! Then took some pics of Alcatraz & the Golden Gate Bridge. Both amazing! Did some shopping on the Pier, then back to the hotel for the big Gala Event. We hopped a trolley with Michelle and her DH who happened upon us waiting at the trolley stop. We all start piling on this trolley, Michelles DH starts plugging the meter while everyone else just starts climbing on the trolley. Think he was the only one that paid! We were so laughing at him! They really cram those people on those things. There was a very adorable Asian boy who got lucky enough to have his face in my chest for most the ride LOL. The look on his face was priceless!

We got showered & dressed for the gala event when we got back. It was OFF THE HOOK! They had a pirate w/ 3 macaws, a lady with a big bridge hat walking around, Some Chinese ladies writing our names on paper fans that we each got to take home, & then inside the event hall, each corner had something representing the city. The Bridge, a Pagota, the Pier, etc for photo opps.
The meal was amaizng!! Filet Mingon and Halibut with a crab stuffed ravioli. They assigned seating, but everyone was within a few tables of each other, & it gave us an opportunity to meet some really fun people. It was there that I finally met up with two ladies from the chef success ~ shout out to ya Janeen and DebbieJ! Not sure how they knew who I was since my photo is not posted here, but apparently they could pick me out of the crowd! LOL! The dessert was a decadent chocolate something with a picture of the bridge in white chocolate on it. YUMMY!

The band was amazing ~ playing SanFrancisco music from the 60's to current. (some good old folksy ones too. Erin and I were rockin!) Then Erin & I went out with the girls for a drink, then back to the hotel where we packed & got ready to leave the next day. It truly was an amazing trip!

We got into Saginaw around 11:45pm ~ got home around 2am. We slept hard Sunday night, then got up yesterday to get the house ready for an Essential oils party with my friends. Last night we had about 20 ladies here & had another fun night together with my twin sister! She made about $500off the oils & Cellular Cleanse. We stayed up to watch a comedy video she brought with her, then crashed around 2am ~ again!

This morning we got up, packed up her stuff, went to WM to get some photos & disks' for each other so we could share our pics ~ pretty cool pics I must say! We split ways at WM. I cried like a baby, as did she!

I will cherish my time with her like mad! We had an amazing experience together & I am soooo happy I asked Erin to be my guest on this trip!

So, there ya go. If you got this far~congrats! Was it just like you were there with us?!

So thats it! :D As if you all didnt think I was a freak before eh?!

San Francisco is really an amazing place. I have been there dozens of time since I live so close and it's just so interesting! Your take on it is right on! Glad you had a great time!

WOW! What a review, that sounds AWESOME!! :D

Wow, what a trip...I'm worn out just reading about it. Sounds like you had a fun time.

Kristin, sounds like you had an awesome time! You and your sister were so cute together. :)

Sounds like you had lots of fun!!

Kristin... Doesn't sound too different from what I would have done! LOL

Sounds like you girls had a great time, & I enjoyed reading it! I bet you are a blast:)

WOW!! I'm exhausted from reading it but I'm just exhausted from the trip myself!!

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! When I read Saginaw, I knew EXACTLY where you flew out of because I'm from Lapeer!!!! My dh said that I was freaking out too much from seeing all the bums but I told him that I'm from such a small town!:p

DebbieJ said:
Kristin, sounds like you had an awesome time! You and your sister were so cute together. :)

:eek: Thanks... If you can imagine, she is the wacky one of the two of us! LOL!

It was AWESOME meeting you! Wish we could have chatted more in fact! Glad to hear everyone had such a good time, and I am so looking forward to enjoying a trip every year with you all!! ;)

PampMomof3 said:
WOW!! I'm exhausted from reading it but I'm just exhausted from the trip myself!!

I'm glad you guys had such a great time! When I read Saginaw, I knew EXACTLY where you flew out of because I'm from Lapeer!!!! My dh said that I was freaking out too much from seeing all the bums but I told him that I'm from such a small town!:p

They report that there are 4,000 homeless in SanFran... a grosse understatement I think! They all seemed pretty harmless to us, and some of them had some amazing stories. I am all about asking questions, and I am sure some of them were just thrilled to have someone listen to them for a change!

Just to note... I had to cut 500 characters out of my story, as you can only post 10000 characters onto one post, so I left out quite a bit! (if you can imagine! LOL!)

I hope you tried to recruit "Spanky".

i love the city!! So thankful that I live so close! :)

It sounds like you had such a fun time! I bet it made all your hard work last year worth it! Congrats!

Paige Dixon said:
I hope you tried to recruit "Spanky".

"Spanky" didnt have an address that I could finagle out of him! LOL! Much like many of the folks we encountered on this trip. Crazyness I tell ya!

1. What inspired you to create "My Twisted Take on San Francisco..."?

I have always been fascinated by the vibrant culture and unique food scene in San Francisco. I wanted to put my own twist on some classic dishes and showcase the diverse flavors of the city.

2. What are some of the key ingredients used in your recipes?

I use a combination of fresh, locally sourced produce and traditional San Francisco ingredients like sourdough bread, Dungeness crab, and Mission-style burritos. I also incorporate some unexpected elements to add a twist to the dishes.

3. Are your recipes suitable for all levels of cooking experience?

Yes, my recipes range from simple and easy to more complex and challenging. I believe that anyone can create delicious meals with the right tools and techniques, and I provide detailed instructions to make the process easy for all levels of experience.

4. Can these recipes be adapted for dietary restrictions?

Absolutely! Many of my recipes can be easily adapted for dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. I also provide substitution suggestions to accommodate any dietary needs.

5. What is your favorite dish from "My Twisted Take on San Francisco..."?

This is a tough one, but I would have to say the Mission-style burrito with a twist. It's a combination of all my favorite flavors and truly captures the essence of San Francisco cuisine.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pckrissy
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • pampered.chris
  • General Chat
Replies