• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Surviving a Painful Day: My Whine-Filled Misadventures Without a PC

In summary, Jennifer's day was miserable from the start. She was helping her DH load up tile and was trying to stop the pallet jack from rolling with her foot when it went over her foot. She then smashed her other foot on the trailer door and broke it. After taking a handful of ibuprofen, she decided to practice pitching with her DD, but the first time she tried to squat down, she cried from the pain. She then decided to kneel and threw the ball, but it bounced off her left knee. When she was trying to catch it, her son threw a ball at her and it hit her shin bone. She decided to quit and went to bed. Her
pcchris
Silver Member
This has absolutely nothing to do with PC! Warning, this will be a long post.

What a miserable, painful day I had today. First of all, I was helping my DH load up a bunch of tile in his trailer because he had to work tonight. Well, anyone who's familiar with a pallet jack knows that if you don't turn the handle, they will roll. :( So, me, being dipsh!t extraordinaire, decided that I was going to try to stop it from rolling with my foot. (Had about 400# of tile on it). Well, guess what? Didn't stop! Rolled right over the top of my foot! :eek: Did I say Ouch? Oh yeah, and then some! So, after limping around for a while, I smashed my other foot on the trailer door. Double ouch!

Well, then after swallowing a handful of Ibuprofen to make it feel better, (somewhat), my DD wanted to practice pitching (she plays softball), so dummy me say "sure, I'll catch for you". Well, the first time I tried to squat down, I thought I was going to cry! How that hurt my feet! So, I decided to kneel...(I know you're all smiling, knowing where THIS is going!) She pitched the first ball, bounced right off my left knee! So, as I'm laying on the ground, writhing in pain, (of course, DD is laughing hysterically), I'm thinking, "this is probably not a good idea to be doing this today". But no, stupid me continues trying to catch for her, now standing up. Next pitch, throws it RIGHT AT ME, so in trying to avoid being hit again, I lost my balance and fell right on my arse. (go right ahead and laugh...it had to have looked ridiculous!). So, once again, I'm lying on the ground in pain, while DD is laughing hysterically once again, trying to ask me if I'm okay. No, I'm not okay, but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying at this point. So, I said enough of this! Then my DS decides to throw the ball so my sweet little dog can play with it. All's well until he throws to ball at me, bouncing it off my shin bone.

As you can probably guess, I said I quit, and hobbled my battered aching body back into the house.

Got NO sympathy from either one of my children, they are still laughing about it. If I keep up at this rate, I'll be in a wheelchair for conference!!!

Just needed to whine.

Happy to have provided you with a laugh!

OUCH! I bet you are gonna have some nice battle scars too! Take it easy tomorrow... we need ya walking for conf

Sorry, yes I did had to laugh, but mainly because that is JUST my kind of luck, this kind of stuff seems to happen to me ALL the time! Hope you have better luck tomorrow. http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sick0010.gif

Jennifer, that smiley looks just like how I feel!
Thanks for the laugh!

I'm glad you're not going to the Mac this week - they really frown on jumping.;)

I'd probably manage to screw that up somehow too...the way my luck has been!!! Geesh! I'm almost afraid to go to bed, knowing that when I get up in the morning, I'm going to feel like I was hit by a truck! :(

Well it's WAY past my bedtime now, and my monstorous headache is FINALLY gone after only 6 hours, ughh, and if that wasn't enogh for me, @$$hole (aka my 2 oldest children's biological father, sorry for the harshness but if you met him you would certainly agree everyone else does) had to show everyone how much unsportsman-like conduct he doesn't have at my oldest son's game, what a freakin idiot! Yelling at the MAYBE 18 year olds that were calling the game and telling one of them he needed to hope he didn't see him later come on you are 37 years old, act like it! Just needed to get it off my chest, now off to bed, take something good and go to bed Chris, then take some more in the morning, lol.

That's okay, my first wife speaks highly of me, too.

Hey, I'm even being nice here, lol, I could tell you what I really think, but then it would REALLY have edits.

pcchris said:
I'd probably manage to screw that up somehow too...the way my luck has been!!! Geesh! I'm almost afraid to go to bed, knowing that when I get up in the morning, I'm going to feel like I was hit by a truck! :(
well, you were run over by a truck.

You should see the doc. A couple of years ago, I dropped a piece of plate steel on my toe. I hopped around but walked it off and kept on.

The nail never came off, but it does grow funny now and some mornings, it hurts like the Dickens.

jdavis said:
Hey, I'm even being nice here, lol, I could tell you what I really think, but then it would REALLY have edits.
I think I saw that post in another thread:

Jennifer said:
**** ***** ****** ************ *** ** * ***** ****** ** ****** ** **** **** **** ** ****'* **** *** **** **** ** **** ** *****!

1. How does "Surviving a Painful Day" relate to Pampered Chef?

While "Surviving a Painful Day" is not directly related to Pampered Chef, it is a humorous and relatable account of a person's struggles without the use of their Pampered Chef tools. It showcases the convenience and effectiveness of Pampered Chef products in everyday tasks.

2. Is this book only for Pampered Chef consultants?

No, "Surviving a Painful Day" is a light-hearted read for anyone who has experienced a difficult day without their preferred tools. It can be enjoyed by both Pampered Chef consultants and non-consultants alike.

3. Will this book help me learn how to use Pampered Chef products?

This book does not provide specific instructions on how to use Pampered Chef products. However, it does offer humorous anecdotes and relatable experiences that may inspire readers to try out some of Pampered Chef's innovative tools and techniques.

4. Can I purchase Pampered Chef products through this book?

No, "Surviving a Painful Day" is not a platform for purchasing Pampered Chef products. However, readers can visit the Pampered Chef website or reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for product inquiries and purchases.

5. Is "Surviving a Painful Day" endorsed by Pampered Chef?

No, "Surviving a Painful Day" is not officially endorsed by Pampered Chef. It is an independent publication written by a fan of Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pamperedpals
  • Jean DeVries