• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Booking Shows with Friends and Family Worth the Frustration?

In summary, Monica's best friend doesn't understand that Monica is running a business, and Monica is frustrated because none of her shows from July closed by the end of the month despite her efforts.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
I've seen many other people vent and now i finally have a reason to. i did two shows the last week of july. neither one of them want to close there shows yet because they dont have all the money collected yet despite the fact that i call them a few days in advance and tell them when i will be there. i even go to church with one of the girls so she has alot more opportunities to get the money to me. i did a show for my best friend and she had a good show. probably the best one i had. but she is now mad at me because the last person that was going to order decided she wanted to do a catalog show and earn her own free stuff instead of ordering on my friends show. what can i say? no you cant do a show? i have bent over backwards for my best friend to help her have a good show. i know this isnt as bad as some of the posts i have read but it is really frustrating to me because i am not getting paid this month (those were my only shows last month) and it is taking alot of my time i could be doing other shows or preparing shows instead of running the streets lookin for them. if they wouldnt have had so many orders i wouldve deleted the shows..lol...not really...but it sounded good. anyways just needed to get that out of my system. it seems like every show i do it gets messed up in one way or another. makes me wonder if i am cut out for this. anyways thanks for listening.

Monica Sweet

Monica,
I know how you feel...I had 4 shows in July, and none of them committed and closed by the end of the month, despite my calls and efforts! I missed out on the charm, and my two woven selections pieces (I attended conference). I was bummed big time! But then I looked at the positive, and I'll just earn my Show-To-Go sooner with my August sales.

You're friend apparently doesn't understand that you are running a business. This is your income, and she's worried about free products! I would think she would be happy for you to have another booking, and for her to have the chance to order another host special at 60% off! Imagine your friend owned a flower shop. Someone walked into the shop to order a bouquet of flowers that was on display, and you wanted that same bouquet. Would she forego the sale of the bouquet to the stranger just to give it to you for free? No way! That goes for the Pampered Chef too!

Don't think you aren't cut out for this...don't let a couple bad experiences get you down. Just look toward the future, and let this one go.

Hello Monica,
Everyone has their own frustrations, no matter how big or small they are in comparison with others, it is still affecting you and your business, so no worries there... :D
Lucikly one of your hostess is your best friend, and I know I talk to my best friend a little differently then I would a normal hostess, so I may say / e-mail something like this: "Jan", thank you so much for hostessing a show with me. You are such a great friend to help me kick-start my business. I'm really happy "sally" booked a catalog show from your show. It will really help me expand my business! I know "sally" didn't order anything from your show, but did you know you are able to purchase the hostess benefit the month she has her show! I'm so excited, you are able to receive 60% off of....
I can't thank you enough for all that you've done for me, you are truely a great friend.

Sometimes its always a little harder with family and friends then with strangers..as emotions come into play. But as will any business, sometimes, you just have to let the emotions roll off you, and maintain the "business" face.
In regards to getting the money, I'd put a deadline on it. Say something like, in order for your orders and guest specials to be counted for July, I need all money in by "August 12th" or something along those lines.
I hope that helps...and good luck! Keep your chin up...there is always a bright side to any problem!
Cheers,
Angela

at first i was little ticked that they didnt close there show before july ended but i told my husband thats ok because now i can use there shows to get my last ss bonus. i havent earned any of them so far. at my best friends show i had one kitchen show booked that night and last night i found out about the girl wanting to do a catalog show. she really wants the US&G and that was her goal to get it for free an use her discount for something else. i told her dont get discouraged because i was going to try and have a mystery host show on a date that had cancelled on me. maybe she can earn some free stuff anyways. she said she feels like i did her wrong for encouragaing the girl to have her own show. her question was "what will michelle get out of it if i do a show?" i told her she would get a past host discount out of it. and she said if that is all she will get then i want to do my own show and get my own free stuff. this girl has alot of PC stuff so i know she will do well. she also works in a beauty salon and knows tons of people. i dont think i did anything wrong by telling her to do it. i used to work for my best friend when she owned a H&R Block. she did me really wrong then and it seems like she doesnt like the fact that i have my own business now. i have tried to recruit her. she was supposed to sign up the same night i did and backed out. i dont know how to deal with it. as for the comment about not being cut out to do this .....i live in a very small town in mississippi. i am close to afew big towns, but the jobs around here are mostly furniture plants. there's not much money to go around. i have had 4 shows and all of them average about 280. i feel like i am working so hard for nothing. i love PC...everything about it i just dont know what to do to make it better. i have business cards and flyers everywhere....i set up fairs and even the fleamarket spots. i'm sorry this is so long. i try talking to my hubby but all he sees is the good part of this. i need someone that knows what i am talking about ot talk to. so thanks for the advice that everyone gives....i'll make it thru this eventually

Well, it sounds to me like your friend might also have some weird feelings about this because you followed through and signed up and she didn't. I bet there are some unresolved issues with that.

her question was "what will michelle get out of it if i do a show?" i told her she would get a past host discount out of it. and she said if that is all she will get then i want to do my own show and get my own free stuff.

So, Michelle is your friend who originally hosted? I'm just trying to keep the people straight. The person booking a show asked what Michelle would get out of it if SHE booked a show. Well, she gets the past host discount, but she also gets the booking bonus, which is the opportunity to purchase whatever THAT month's host special is, so there are a couple benefits to having someone book a show.

It sounds like Michelle doesn't understand that your business is built on bookings. Not only is it unfair to you for her to think you should talk someone out of booking a show from hers, but it's unfair for the person wanting to book a show. I've had the happen plenty of times where someone wants to book a show so they'll either order something small or nothing at all from the friend's show they attended. I have never had a host get bent out of shape about it. That's just the way things go. Sorry to her this is putting a damper on you trying to run your business!

I think the earlier post was right...sometimes it's harder to deal with close friends and family as hosts than those whom you don't know personally! Good luck to you...don't let this bring you down!

1. What is "My Turn to Vent!!"?

"My Turn to Vent!!" is a Pampered Chef product that allows you to easily release steam from your pots and pans while cooking. It prevents liquids from boiling over and making a mess on your stovetop.

2. How does "My Turn to Vent!!" work?

The vent works by simply placing it on top of your pot or pan while cooking. The adjustable steam release valve allows you to control the amount of steam that is released. It also has a silicone rim that creates a tight seal to prevent any steam from escaping around the edges.

3. Is "My Turn to Vent!!" dishwasher safe?

Yes, the vent is dishwasher safe for easy cleaning. Just place it on the top rack of your dishwasher and it will come out clean and ready to use for your next cooking adventure.

4. Can I use "My Turn to Vent!!" in the oven?

No, this vent is not suitable for use in the oven. It is designed for stovetop use only and should not be exposed to high temperatures in the oven.

5. Is "My Turn to Vent!!" safe to use with all types of cookware?

Yes, the vent is safe to use with all types of cookware, including non-stick and stainless steel. It is also safe for use with both gas and electric stovetops. However, it should not be used with induction stovetops.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Bill Faber
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
zmom58
  • MrsNetNut404