• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Turn to Vent About Poor Fair Organizing (Long, Sorry)

. They list it as a shop til you drop and when people show up they don't tell you it's not a real fair until it's too late and they're already taking peoples money.
Fluffy215
Gold Member
I just did a fair today that was the absolute worse fair I have ever seen let alone participated in.

It was a fundraiser for an Alumni thing. Anyways, they charged $40 for the space and selling it as a shop til you drop kind of fair.

What they didn't tell anyone was the reason this was happening was because they had scheduled a reunion at the Elks lodge and no one was coming. The Elks would not return their deposit so they held this fair to get their money back. No problem right? Win/Win situation.

Well, when we got there to set up at noon no one told us who was in charge. We had to find her. As it was there were only 15 of us that were participating. Never did she look at us just told us to set up where ever we wanted. Ummmmmmm ok LOL The fair was to run from 1-5 with no early breakdowns. So then one o'clock comes and no one is there, 1:30 and nothing, 2:00 we were starting to shop at each others booth because we had nothing to do since no one was there. Well, then we heard what happened. ::sigh:: When they advertised the fair on tv and in the newspaper they put that the fair was yesterday!!!!!!!! So it's no wonder no one was there.......they didn't know about it!!!! We were so upset. The fair was an hour away to begin with and we had to donate a prize as well as pay $40? Basically she ended up with a mutiny on her hands. We went up to her and told her how disappointed we were. Even if she had make a mistake the least she could have done was called us and let us decide if we still wanted to participate because the chances are that no one will be there. And then it happend. One of the women said she was stopping payment on her check. (I don't if I would pay $25 to stop a $40 check) But then someone else said they should do something and she did. She gave us back half our money. Some tried also to get back their raffle item since no tickets were being sold and they were told they couldn't have it. So we were done by 3:30 everyone had left. I did get one $45 dollar order from one of the vendors but that was it. What a waste of a day really :(

What did she plan to do with the raffle items if no tickets were sold? Was there anyone else that was a contact? Did you give product or a gift certificate? Not sure who she should be reported to but sounds like she should be reported to someone for keeping your raffle items and charging you when she advertised the wrong date.

She really has no right to hold onto the raffle items. She screwed up and she's got to accept responsibility. It will be a bitter pill, but it is her's to swallow.

sounds more like they were running a scam to me...not a real fair. Make a note somewhere not to do business with them again.

Yeah, she was the president of this alumni. I did put comments on their listing of eventlister so that everyone knows to stay clear of anything that involves them LOL I did donate a small stone so not to much and frankly I don't care at this point. It's done and over with, how do you say that bless and release? LOL That's what I have done, I just needed to get it out of my system LOL I just hope the rest of my November runs smoother than this LOL Thank you all for letting me vent, I know it's non productive but it sure does make you feel better and a lot less work than banging on my food chopper LOL

I've actually done quick few shopping events where no one has shown up.
Happens alot in PA

1. What exactly is "My Turn to Vent About Poor Fair Organizing" about?

"My Turn to Vent About Poor Fair Organizing" is a blog post written by a frustrated vendor who had a negative experience at a fair due to poor organization. The post details their personal experience and offers advice for fair organizers on how to improve their events.

2. Why is this topic important for Pampered Chef consultants?

This topic is important for Pampered Chef consultants because many of them rely on fairs and events to promote and sell their products. It is crucial for them to have a positive experience at these events in order to successfully grow their business.

3. What are some common issues that the author addresses in the post?

The author addresses issues such as lack of communication between organizers and vendors, poor event planning and execution, and inadequate space and resources for vendors. They also highlight the negative impact these issues can have on vendors' sales and overall experience at the fair.

4. Is there any advice or solutions provided in the post?

Yes, the author offers some helpful advice for fair organizers, such as communicating clearly with vendors, providing enough space and resources, and organizing the event in a timely and efficient manner. They also suggest involving vendors in the planning process and addressing any issues that may arise during the event.

5. Can Pampered Chef consultants use this post to improve their own fair experiences?

Absolutely! While the post is primarily directed towards fair organizers, Pampered Chef consultants can also benefit from reading it. They can use the tips and advice provided to communicate better with organizers and ensure a smooth and successful experience at fairs and events.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• manderyoder
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
Replies
Views
mrssyvo
  • jillbean
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies