• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Conquering Nerves: My Exciting Ss1 Month with 5 Kitchen and 2 Catalog Shows

In summary, Amanda Fairall learned that it will get easier the more shows she does, to have fun, and to have confidence in herself. ChristaSs1 learned to laugh at herself when she makes mistakes, not to prejudge the guests, and to have friends who will be supportive. Robin learned to have fun, to be confident, and to remember that everyone makes mistakes.
Seamstress
I'm excited but nervous. I have 5 kitchen shows and 2 catalog shows. I feel like this is a great start... But how do I get over the butterflies in the stomach feeling? :confused:

SeamstressBy having your first show, then your second, then your third. Just try to be as prepared as you can and you'll be just fine!! Good luck and Congratulations!!

I still have butterflies in my stomach and its almost my fifth month. Just remember to breath and have fun!
Amanda Fairall :D

Fly togetherI learned this from my National Senior Executive when I started 3 years ago. You will never get rid of the butterflies in your stomach...it is about teaching them to fly together! If you loose the butterflies totally that most likely means you don't care anymore! I always get nervous before a show even after 250+ shows.

It will get easier the more shows you do! You can do it!

Me too! My super starter month is January as well. :)

Christa

Ss1!Yeah! January is my SS1 month also. It appears that a lot of us have decided to make 2006 a great year by starting our PC Business.

Good luck to everyone!! That's so exciting that you're starting 2006 off with a fun new adventure. You're going to love it!! WHat a great time to start when those host specials are just incredible. We can't wait to have you post all your successes on this board. :D

I started about a year ago and I still get a little nervous before each show. Two things that helped me in the beginning were lots of practice and having notes to refer to. I have since weaned myself from having an outline written out for each show, but I still occasionally have some notes on where to find something in the catalog, or reminders about different products or steps in the recipe. I never read my notes word-for-word, but they were nice to have in case I got off track for some reason. As for practicing, I like to be able to do a recipe without having to think about much besides the products I'm using and explaining them. Get really good at a couple of recipes and try to focus on how to sell the products you're using. Good luck! :D

:D Merry Christmas :D

Butterfly tipsJust remember to have FUN! :cool: In addition, pick two or three people to "talk" to - that may limit that overwhelming feeling. And, know that the guests are human, too! Speakers always suggest imaging people in their underwear. Kind of puts things in perspective! They are just like you; they put one pant-leg on at a time.

Good luck! It does get easier with time. ;) I always talk to them as if they were all my friends. And, you know, friends are very non-judgmental!

NervousOne thing I learned from my director is to laugh at yourself when you make mistakes and say "see, they'll let anyone do this!" Also try not to prejudge the guests. At one of my first shows there was a lady in attendance who didn't smile at all and just kind of stared at me and made me very nervous. I thought she must think I'm really bad at this! :) Well after the demonstration she came up and told me she wanted to host a show and hers turned out to be one of my most successful shows! This is a great business and you will LOVE the company!
Good Luck!
Robin

Everyone does make mistakeOn my first show I did a silly mistake forgetting to top Parmersan Cheese onto the pizza before putting in the oven. So, I said, "Oops! all chefs do make mistake too!" And everyone luagh along while I quickly take the pizza out of the oven with my Hot Pad/Trivet and add the cheese by showing them how the Deluxe Cheese grater worked so well. So, don't worry, just go on with the show, everyone will understand this is your first show and you're nervous. Make it fun and enjoy the company!

1. When is the best time to host a "My Ss1 Month Is January" party?

The best time to host a "My Ss1 Month Is January" party is in the month of January. This allows your guests to take advantage of the special offers and promotions that are only available during this month.

2. What are some popular products for "My Ss1 Month Is January"?

Some popular products for "My Ss1 Month Is January" include our versatile stoneware, time-saving kitchen gadgets, and our limited edition seasonal items. These products are perfect for all your cooking and baking needs during the winter season.

3. Can I earn free products by hosting a "My Ss1 Month Is January" party?

Yes, as a host of a "My Ss1 Month Is January" party, you can earn free products based on the total sales from your party. You can also take advantage of the monthly host special and earn even more free products!

4. How can I become a consultant for "My Ss1 Month Is January"?

If you are interested in becoming a consultant for "My Ss1 Month Is January", you can reach out to your local Pampered Chef consultant or visit our website to learn more about the opportunity. We are always looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our team!

5. Are there any special recipes or meal ideas for "My Ss1 Month Is January"?

Yes, we have a variety of recipes and meal ideas that are perfect for "My Ss1 Month Is January". From hearty winter soups to cozy casseroles, our recipes are designed to help you make the most out of your kitchen tools and products during this month.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pattikake45
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Tara-Ann
  • chellb1234
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
islandgurlchef
Replies