• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My 5yo Refuses to Nap: Family Pictures Tonight!

In summary, my 5 year old won't take a nap today and is exhausted. He has been laying in his bed and is kicking the wall and all sorts of stuff to keep himself awake. He has been doing Feet off the floor time and sometimes falls asleep if he needs it but usually not. We are going to have family pictures tonight and I am worried he will be a mess three hrs from now.
lesliec
My 5 year old won't take a nap today. Ok, ok, I know most 5 yo's don't nap, but he does sometimes, and he is absolutely exhausted. Usually I would just get over it, but he has bags under his eyes and we have FAMILY PICTURES TONIGHT!!!!!!! He has been laying in his bed and is kicking the wall and all sorts of stuff to keep himself awake. JUST GO TO SLEEP so we can have nice pictures!!!!!! I know he will be a mess 3 hrs from now!!!!!

I wish you luck!! My daughter stopped napping at age 2 1/2- and wasn't for lack of my trying or her daycare providers... we just compromised that we did quiet time... it was easier than fighting with her... =)

Ok, he finally slept for about 30 min and then my 2 yo woke him up.
I know some have it much worse with little ones, I was just worried b/c we have pics tonight.

Might be time to give up those naps, my daughter quit when she was about 3...I felt bad after that pushing her, I didn't want her to associate sleep with bad feelings toward bedtime...just a thought for you in the future!

We do Feet off the floor time. He (almost 4) has to stay on his bed, he can do quiet things like read or play with a car or two. Most times he falls asleep if he needs it and if not, at least he got down time with no noise. and I get quiet time with no questions or talking. Mara

One of my earliest memories was being at the babysitter and not napping. I would lay awak on the couch while all the other kids slept. Finally the babysitter noticed this and just let me come do quiet time with her instead. I got to help her prepare things for the afternoon, do chores, etc. I know it doesn't help with yesterday but I do agree, instead of forcing nap time, quiet time might be the alternative. Like it was said before, who knows, he may just fall asleep during quiet time in his room.

1. Why is my 5-year-old suddenly refusing to take naps?

As children grow older, their sleep needs change and they may naturally start to outgrow naps. Additionally, your child may be experiencing a developmental milestone or going through a period of transition, which can disrupt their nap routine.

2. How can I get my 5-year-old to take a nap for our family pictures tonight?

It may be challenging to get your child to take a nap if they have already outgrown naps or are going through a phase where they resist napping. Instead of trying to force a nap, try implementing a quiet and relaxing pre-photo shoot routine to help your child wind down and relax.

3. What can I do if my child refuses to nap and is cranky for our family pictures tonight?

If your child is not able to take a nap, it's important to plan for breaks and downtime during the family photo session. This will give your child a chance to rest and recharge, which can help improve their mood and behavior during the photoshoot.

4. Should I let my 5-year-old skip their nap so they will be more cooperative for our family pictures tonight?

While it may be tempting to skip your child's nap in hopes of them being more cooperative for the family pictures, it's important to prioritize their well-being and overall sleep needs. Skipping naps can lead to overtiredness and make it even more difficult for your child to cooperate during the photoshoot.

5. How can I help my child transition out of naps and still have a successful family photo session?

If your child is consistently refusing to nap and you believe they may have outgrown naps, it's important to establish a new routine for their rest time. This could be quiet playtime, reading, or listening to calming music. Additionally, communicate with your photographer about your child's nap schedule and plan for breaks during the photoshoot if needed.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
tiffanypc05
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates