• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Has anyone experienced their micro cooker melting while cooking?

In summary, the Pampered Chef Small Micro Cooker is microwave safe and made with high-quality, heat-resistant plastic. However, it can still melt if used with high heat settings, left in the microwave for too long, or with high-fat or high-sugar foods. It is not safe to continue using a melted Small Micro Cooker and can be replaced through customer service if it melted while being used correctly. To prevent melting in the future, always follow recommended heat settings and cooking times, avoid certain foods, and stop using if any discoloration or warping occurs.
floccies
I was making the dressing for the bacon/spinach salad in our salads cookbook. It even says to use the microcooker -- there is a hole in the bottom and it is all charred and bubbly in the bottom. I have been using it for at least two years with no problem. I was at a friends house and her house smells like a mixture of bacon and plastic.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Was it supposed to be used on full power? If you followed the directions of the recipe/Use and Care guide, then you should have been okay. Unfortunately it only has a 1yr. guarantee, so you can't get a free replacement. :(Now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if it should have been cooked on a lower power, because of the high fat content of bacon.

Yes, I have had this happen with chocolate chips....the smell is gut wrenching...and that is the nicest description I can think of!!:yuck:

1. Can the Pampered Chef Small Micro Cooker melt in the microwave?

No, the Pampered Chef Small Micro Cooker is made with a high-quality, heat-resistant plastic that is microwave safe.

2. What could have caused my Small Micro Cooker to melt?

There are a few possible reasons for your Small Micro Cooker melting in the microwave. It could be due to using it with high heat settings, leaving it in the microwave for too long, or using it with foods that have high fat or sugar content.

3. Is it safe to continue using my Small Micro Cooker after it has melted?

No, it is not safe to continue using your Small Micro Cooker once it has melted. It may no longer be able to withstand high heat in the microwave and could potentially cause harm or damage to your food or microwave.

4. Can I get a replacement for my melted Small Micro Cooker?

Yes, if your Small Micro Cooker melted while being used correctly, you can contact Pampered Chef customer service for a replacement. However, if it melted due to improper use, it will not be covered under warranty.

5. How can I prevent my Small Micro Cooker from melting in the future?

To prevent your Small Micro Cooker from melting, always use it with the recommended heat settings and cooking times. Avoid using it with high-fat or high-sugar foods, and never leave it in the microwave unattended. If you notice any discoloration or warping, it is best to stop using it and contact customer service.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
PamperedChefTerri
  • GeorgiaPeach
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
rlombas
Replies