• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which recipes from the new Sbrb are worth trying?

In summary, these are some of my favorite recipes. Some are quick and easy to make while others are a little more time consuming. All of them are tasty and show off the product well.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I've made a lot of these in the last week so I thought I would just throw my opinion out there:

Greek Cheese Torta - this was actually one of my favorites when it first came out. Great show recipe, good interactive, shows off good products and feeds a crowd!!

Antipasti Pull-Apart Pizza - this will be one of my new show recipes for the new season. Quick and easy to throw together but shows off some good products. Easy to half if you don't want the whole thing or to add stuff to (like chicken to make it more of a main dish).

Mini Kalamata & Cheese Bruschetta - yah... interesting taste but not fun to put together. The bread disks were cute and easy to make using the biscuit cutters but try topping those little babies! PITA!!!

Primavera Potato Bites - easy to make, pretty tasty but if I make them again I will use real tomatoes.

Chipotle Chili Cornbread Bake - this is actually one of the recipes I'm offering this season - so yummy!

Chicken Piccata Pasta - easy to make, shows off some good recipes but not sure if I would do this as a show recipe. Alot of time spent on the stove top which can still be HOT this time of year around here. DH and I aren't that big of a fan of the lemon pepper rub plus then you add more lemon... My director warned me not to use the full amount of lemon juice so I just did a quick squeeze but it was still too much. I would probably use another seasoning next time. DH wants to make it with shrimp and scallops next time. Good texture and flavor!

Chocolate Raspberry Cookie Trifle - This was one of my show recipes the first time it came out. Uses a lot of bowls but shows of the trifle bowl beautifully.

Caramel Banana Ravioli - Quick and easy to make! This would make a nice 2nd show recipe if you offer that. I couldn't find the Pillsbury Creations around here (they use to have them) so I just made two out of a triangle of dough and topped it with another. The pastry cutter was good to cut them apart but I eventually just pressed them together with my fingers.

After Dinner Mint Triangles - Tried this the first season it was offered. Never did get the topping the right consistancy but these were pretty good. My niece loves to make them.

Mini Chocolate Tiramisu Cakes - Sort of a pain to make, too much time on each step that I don't think it would make a good show recipe. Had a hard time even with the floured tart shaper getting them to form the right shape. Also didn't think it had that great of a flavor. Guess I was expecting something else.

Taffy Apple Tartlets - I've made these before, really yummy and great show recipe.

I still want to make the following recipes:
Italian Meatball Miniburgers
Mini Pesto Pizzas (probably with chicken)
Creamy Broccoli & Sun-Dried Tomato Orzotto
Green, white & Red Lasagna (making this weekend for our meeting - tried it last night and it's really good. Better texture than I thought).
Sicilian Skillet Strata
Italian Pot Pie
Chicken Enchilada Pizza
Decadent Chocolate- Hazelnut Torte
Warm Spumoni Swirl Brownies (had a taste last night and they were really yummy)

This maybe the one SB that I make almost all of the recipes out of :)

Funny about the Chicken Piccata Pasta. I've made it twice and felt it didn't have enough lemon taste. All I could taste was the pepper in the rub. Other than that, I felt it was kind of bland.I'm itching to make the Spumoni Swirl Brownies, but it's just too much for two of us here -- especially since we're both watching our girlish figures.

leftymac said:
Funny about the Chicken Piccata Pasta. I've made it twice and felt it didn't have enough lemon taste. All I could taste was the pepper in the rub. Other than that, I felt it was kind of bland.

I'm itching to make the Spumoni Swirl Brownies, but it's just too much for two of us here -- especially since we're both watching our girlish figures.

We had a dinner last night before our meeting and a friend of mine made them. They were very tasty and I don't like cherries that much. I want to make them, I'll probably just make them the night before and bring them to work. The boys at work aren't watching their girlish figures and love when I bring food in.

What if you pamper a business? Try a couple for yourself and take the rest some where else!

Pampered a business is really what I should do. Good call! Let's just hope I don't eat them all before I take them to a business. I have a problem.

I'd love to make the red, white, and green lasagna. But, I still can't find polenta.

skaugchef said:
I'd love to make the red, white, and green lasagna. But, I still can't find polenta.

My friend found it in the vegetable section next to the lettuce!

leftymac said:
Pampered a business is really what I should do. Good call! Let's just hope I don't eat them all before I take them to a business. I have a problem.

Okay, that's your challenge for this week! Report back to me by Friday that you made the recipe and pampered a business!!

skaugchef said:

It was in the Produce section at my store too....over in the refrigerated case where they usually have the bagged lettuce, mushrooms, bagged baby carrots, and then whatever they might have "Soy" or "Tofu" products, as well as the small packages of Fresh Herbs, etc.

I made the Chicken Piccata Pasta and also thought it was bland. I had added a couple cloves of pressed garlic. I think next time I will add more garlic, and maybe saute some mushrooms along with the onion. Also, my husband and I both thought it had way too much pasta in proportion to the other ingredients. Maybe only using half a box instead of 12 oz. would make it better. I will make it again, but with additional tweaks.

Disappointed with the Mini Choc Tiramisu Cakes. They were too many steps for what they were, and I was disappointed with the results. It didn't taste at all like tiramisu, and even accepting that, they just weren't that great, imo.

Loved the Red White and Green Lasagna. We used spicy turkey sausage and the flavored polenta, which I think helped. I suspect it might have been bland for my taste otherwise.

My director made the spumoni brownies and while they were tasty, we all felt like they weren't extraordinary enough to justify the cost of the ingredients. But hey, if a host doesn't mind buying the stuff, I'll make them.

I made the chicken enchilada pizza last night. It was very good. I have to scheduled to demo at a party at the end of the month. Just a little worried that it isn't going to showcase enough.

I LOVED the red, white and green lasagna. @ my grocery store, the polenta is in the health food section. Had to ask someone to help me find it LOL

We had our recipe slam this past Monday. I made the mini italian meatball burgers. I don't think i would demo for a show. The crescent rolls are very small when cut into 24 slices. To top them was messy. It called for only topping 12 and then using the other 12 as buns. But I would have had half the sausage mixture left over so i topped all 24 rolls and people ate them open-faced. No one used the sauce. Said they were tasty enough without it. I'm pregnant and not eating meat right now so i didn't try them.

The chicken piccata was good. I didn't eat the chicken but the rest was good. i agree there is alot of pasta compared to other ingredients. I'm not a fan of polenta so i didn't try the lasagna but the creamy broccoli and sun dried tomato orzotto was the best recipe I tried! So yummy and the smell of it was making me more hungry. The caramel banana raviolis were so good! Just a hint of banana but tasted mostly like caramel. Didn't try much of anything else but they looked good. Lots of food aversions right now.

Okay tried the red white and green lasagna. Couldn't find polenta at the two stores I went to but was able to find a mix so I made that just to try it. It was really good but I just don't know if I would do it for a show! If I did I would actually show off our cookware for the sausage!

We tried almost all the new recipes at our cluster meeting last week. I have to say, that this is probably my least favorite SB since the Spring of 2007. Which is not too bad I guess - we've had some excellent SB the past few years. (This is probably the first time I won't have this one at "the ready" for meals at home.)

I made the Chicken Piccata - which I thought was horrible. I LOVE piccata dishes and I love everything in the recipe so I don't know why I hated it??!!
I agree with the others...too much pasta. It gets dry really quickly. Most skillet meals you can keep on the stovetop (heat off) and they thicken a little. This one got thick (too thick) right away.

I also made the mexican cheese melts with avocado. I hate cilantro so I would have liked these with less cilantro. Though overall, I don't think they were worth the effort.

For both of those recipes I followed the ingredients/measurements exactly.

Others made:
The Strata ended up being my favorite of the night (mozzarella was used instead of fontina).

The Chicken Enchilada Pizza was a close second fave for me. Definitely had a bite.

The Polenta Lasagna (just OK) very watery - but don't know if the gal followed the directions exactly.

The Sausage Mini Burgers - nothing special. Person who made this said the crescent squares were really small and also left some uptopped.

Hazelnut Torte - Very good. Person who made this said it was very easy.

Tomato Broc Orzotto - Good taste. Broccoli was a little too overcooked but I don't know if the person who made it used fresh or not.

Potato Bites - these were pretty good. Though I can't remember if they had much taste or if I was just eating them since I disliked the other stuff so much. :)

Banana Ravioli - Excellent!!! Yum.

Kalamata things - Not my cup of tea. They were cute, though.

Spumoni Brownies - I expected not to like these - but I was surprised that I did. They were very sweet. Might be a nice Holiday recipe with the red/green idea.

kam said:
We tried almost all the new recipes at our cluster meeting last week. I have to say, that this is probably my least favorite SB since the Spring of 2007. Which is not too bad I guess - we've had some excellent SB the past few years. (This is probably the first time I won't have this one at "the ready" for meals at home.)

I made the Chicken Piccata - which I thought was horrible. I LOVE piccata dishes and I love everything in the recipe so I don't know why I hated it??!!
I agree with the others...too much pasta. It gets dry really quickly. Most skillet meals you can keep on the stovetop (heat off) and they thicken a little. This one got thick (too thick) right away.

I also made the mexican cheese melts with avocado. I hate cilantro so I would have liked these with less cilantro. Though overall, I don't think they were worth the effort.

For both of those recipes I followed the ingredients/measurements exactly.

Others made:
The Strata ended up being my favorite of the night (mozzarella was used instead of fontina).

The Chicken Enchilada Pizza was a close second fave for me. Definitely had a bite.

The Polenta Lasagna (just OK) very watery - but don't know if the gal followed the directions exactly.

The Sausage Mini Burgers - nothing special. Person who made this said the crescent squares were really small and also left some uptopped.

Hazelnut Torte - Very good. Person who made this said it was very easy.

Tomato Broc Orzotto - Good taste. Broccoli was a little too overcooked but I don't know if the person who made it used fresh or not.

Potato Bites - these were pretty good. Though I can't remember if they had much taste or if I was just eating them since I disliked the other stuff so much. :)

Banana Ravioli - Excellent!!! Yum.

Kalamata things - Not my cup of tea. They were cute, though.

Spumoni Brownies - I expected not to like these - but I was surprised that I did. They were very sweet. Might be a nice Holiday recipe with the red/green idea.

Someone said they used heavy whipping cream instead of cream cheese for the piccata pasta.

I too was surprised how much I liked the spumoni brownies! I'm not a big cherry fan but I loved these.

wadesgirl said:
Someone said they used heavy whipping cream instead of cream cheese for the piccata pasta.

I saw that and thought about it - but I always try to make it the first time as is (especially for cluster). But that would defintely help.

wadesgirl said:
I too was surprised how much I liked the spumoni brownies! I'm not a big cherry fan but I loved these.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Not a big fan of cherries either! And I couldn't believe that I liked them.

I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm on vacation with my family (there's 14 of us here!) and I talked up the Chicken Piccata Pasta recipe... now it's my turn to make dinner tonight and I realized I don't have my Season's Best with me. Would someone be able to type the recipe for me? I made it last week, but I don't trust that I'll be able to remember the recipe off hand.Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!!Margaret

magentablue said:
I'm hoping someone can help me. I'm on vacation with my family (there's 14 of us here!) and I talked up the Chicken Piccata Pasta recipe... now it's my turn to make dinner tonight and I realized I don't have my Season's Best with me. Would someone be able to type the recipe for me? I made it last week, but I don't trust that I'll be able to remember the recipe off hand.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help!!!

Margaret
You can find them on CC but here it is:
The Pampered Chef ®
Chicken Piccata Pasta
Recipe

1 1/4 lbs (625 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
3 cans (14 oz each) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
1/2 medium onion
12 oz (350 g) uncooked angel hair pasta
1 lemon
2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz or 398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
1/4 cup cup (50 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
Chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)

Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces on Cutting Board. Combine chicken, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and rub in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1–3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to Skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside.

Meanwhile, pour broth into Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, covered, on HIGH 8–10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion using Food Chopper. Add onion to Skillet; cook 10–20 seconds or until onion is fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7–8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.

Zest lemon with Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Juice lemon with Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add zest, juice and cream cheese to Skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to Skillet. Cook, covered, 1–2 minutes or until heated through. Remove Skillet from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired

Yield: 6 servings

Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 35 g, Sodium 1410 mg, Fiber 6 g

Cook's Tip: To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tbsp (45 mL).

© 2009 The Pampered Chef used under license.

Made Enchilada Pizza and Spumoni Brownies last night. Love both of these recipes and great show recipes! I got a lot of compliments on both of them. I am going to offer these two and Antipasti Pull Aparts for my shows!

wadesgirl said:
Made Enchilada Pizza and Spumoni Brownies last night. Love both of these recipes and great show recipes! I got a lot of compliments on both of them. I am going to offer these two and Antipasti Pull Aparts for my shows!

I'm making both of those for my Fall Preview Show tomorrow evening! Actually, I'm making the brownies today.

Did you change anything, or make them as is? (especially with the pizza...)

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm making both of those for my Fall Preview Show tomorrow evening! Actually, I'm making the brownies today.

Did you change anything, or make them as is? (especially with the pizza...)

All of the recipes I try as is first! I like both of them as is.

wadesgirl said:
All of the recipes I try as is first! I like both of them as is.

I'm glad you do that. I believe in doing the same thing. I don't think you can accurately review a recipe if you go changing it up first!

skaugchef said:

It was in the Ethnic section of our Dillons, (Kroger) Does not have to be refrigerated unless opened.

leftymac said:
I'm glad you do that. I believe in doing the same thing. I don't think you can accurately review a recipe if you go changing it up first!

Always have, it's the only way I try any of our recipes for the first time!

Thanks wadesgirl! It was a big hit!!!

leftymac said:

Totally agree! I HATE on recipes sites where (for example) someone gives a recipe one star, but then goes on to explain that they didn't have garlic, so they used garlic powder, and they didn't have white wine, so used apple juice, and they don't like onions so left those out....and then rates the recipe poorly, because it had no flavor....:grumpy::rolleyes::grumpy:

Sometimes I have to change a recipe in order to make it, because of the myriad of food sensitivities here, but I would never rate the recipe based on my alterations.

And, after my last post....I have to say I made the Chicken Enchilada Pizza as is - and we loved it! And my guests at my party loved it!

With the change of a gluten-free crust, we will be making this at home for meals. My 6 yr. old RAVED about it, but I only let him have one small piece, because of the wheat crust. I need to make it for him in a way that he can eat it.

Made the chicken enchilada pizza tonight with enchilada sauce instead of the green taco sauce and I omitted the hot peppers. It was very tasty!

I also made the Raspberry Trifle~I thought it was too sweet and for somereason my trifle bowl was only half full when I was done. Not sure what happened there, but I am scratching that one off my list for shows.

I have decided to offer the following for my shows this fall:

Chicken enchilada pizza(I did the chicken in the DCB and chopped it with salad choppers)
Antipasti pull apart pizza
Taffy Apple tartlets
Loaded Baked Potato Chowder
Pumpkin cheesecake Trifle

1. How do I leave a review for the new Sbrb product?

To leave a review for the new Sbrb product, log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the product page. Scroll down to the "Reviews" section and click on the "Write a Review" button. From there, you can rate the product and write your review.

2. Can I leave a review for a product I purchased from a consultant?

Yes, you can still leave a review for a product you purchased from a consultant. Simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the product page. From there, you can leave a review just like you would for a product purchased directly from the Pampered Chef website.

3. How do I edit or delete a review I have already submitted?

To edit or delete a review you have already submitted, log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the product page. Scroll down to the "Reviews" section and find your review. Click on the "Edit" or "Delete" button next to your review to make any changes.

4. Can I leave a review for a product I received as a gift?

Yes, you can leave a review for a product you received as a gift. Log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the product page. From there, you can leave a review just like you would for any other product.

5. How can I see reviews from other customers?

To see reviews from other customers, simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and navigate to the product page. Scroll down to the "Reviews" section and you will see all the reviews submitted by other customers for that product.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
  • pkd09
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • Malinda Klein
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies