• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is It Still Worth Keeping My Registry Open After Eloping?

In summary, the couple eloped over Christmas break and have just over $400 in sales from registry rewards. They are considering whether or not to keep the registry open until the wedding date, and I have recommended that they do.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
LOL!

The only active registry I have is with a girl who used to work for me. She and her fiance(e?) were supposed to be married next Christmas, but he was in NY, and she was in AZ - and it was too much for them being apart. So, he found a job in AZ, and they eloped over Christmas break!

They have just over $400 in sales for registry rewards (from relatives who have been purchasing for them), and she just emailed me to ask me a few questions about redeeming them. Should I encourage her to keep it open a while longer, in case people want to buy wedding gifts?

I would! Are they doing a reception at all? Family may really want them to do it. My sister got married in Hawaii and then about a month later did a reception.

They have time after the wedding date listed to redeem their awards (a month?) and the registry remains open for a year after the wedding date so I'd have them think about it before closing it.

I don't see why not. People have 1 year after the wedding date to send gifts, and that includes elopements. They might as well leave it open to maximize their rewards, and get things that they actually want.

BethCooks4U said:
I would! Are they doing a reception at all? Family may really want them to do it. My sister got married in Hawaii and then about a month later did a reception.

They have time after the wedding date listed to redeem their awards (a month?) and the registry remains open for a year after the wedding date so I'd have them think about it before closing it.

I just emailed her to ask if they were doing a reception - and also ordered a gift off their registry for them. (I've known her since she was in Jr Hi - and her first job was as a stocker at the bookstore I managed.:))

I think that they could probably double (At least!) their rewards....and if it happened this month, I'd get double points for it!:D

Yes, with eloping they are bound to have some small reception for friends/family...Encourage her to keep it open until then.

janetupnorth said:
Yes, with eloping they are bound to have some small reception for friends/family...
Encourage her to keep it open until then.

It's not a given - I need to find out what they are planning.

Her family is all in MI, and his is all in NY - and they are now living in AZ....

Hey! Maybe I should suggest that her registry is the best way for people to purchase wedding gifts - they can do it from all across the country, and have it shipped directly to them!

ChefBeckyD said:
It's not a given - I need to find out what they are planning.

Her family is all in MI, and his is all in NY - and they are now living in AZ....

Hey! Maybe I should suggest that her registry is the best way for people to purchase wedding gifts - they can do it from all across the country, and have it shipped directly to them!

Perfect! ;)

What items can I purchase for the "My Registry Couple Eloped!" couple?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you can purchase any items from our catalog or website for the couple. They may have specific items listed on their registry, but you are also welcome to choose any other products you think they would love.

Can I still use my consultant discount when purchasing registry items for the "My Registry Couple Eloped!" couple?

Yes, as a consultant, you can still use your discount when purchasing registry items for the couple. However, please note that any orders placed using your discount will not count towards your sales or commission.

How will the "My Registry Couple Eloped!" couple receive their gifts?

The couple will receive their gifts through our standard shipping process. You can choose to have the gifts shipped directly to them or have them shipped to you, and you can give the gifts to the couple in person.

Can I add a personal message or note to the gift for the "My Registry Couple Eloped!" couple?

Yes, you can add a personalized note or message to the gift by selecting the "gift message" option during checkout. This will allow you to write a message that will be included with the gift when it is delivered to the couple.

What if the "My Registry Couple Eloped!" couple already received the same item as a gift?

If the couple has already received the same item as a gift, they can choose to exchange it for another item of equal value within 90 days of their wedding date. They can also choose to keep the duplicate item and use it as a backup or for gifting to someone else.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
heat123
  • lkhartmann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Sheila
Replies