• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Pws Name...need Your Opinions Please!

In summary, people are hesitant to change their PWS because it is a lot for some and it might not look professional. There is a free three-month period for new consultants, but they would have to email or call to get it.
PChefPEI
Silver Member
My PWS name now is /mariefrancemyers. It's way too loooonnnnnggggg for my taste. The reason it is, is because when I signed up, I was told that it had to be our name. I checked with HO and I would be allowed to change it to /mfmyers.

My business cards and fridge magnets all have my PWS address on them. It wouldn't really be a problem getting new ones made, although I do have lots of fridge magnets left over and would hate to waste them. And, all my past hosts have them on their fridge...or so they should! ;) I could mail them all new ones though.

Would you change it? I want to put it on my car too, and I would be more comfortable with my initials instead of my full name....and it would be cheaper if I was paying by the letter! :p

TIA for your thoughts! :)

Oooh...tough call. You already have your info out to so many, but I would rather initials or at least for it to be short and easily memorized.
But this would be a great way to get in touch with everyone you can from your past shows!! I wonder if you could just change your info on the fridge magnets. It won't look wonderful and professional, but your info is still on there.
I hope this helps!!

Sorry to hijack do new consultants get PWS free for sometime? If so how does thay work?

MFI'm in the same boat & have contemplated changing mine many times. But I figure I'm better keeping it as is (since it's been /charitybuchanan for about 2 yrs) rather than risk people "losing" my site.let us know what you decide :)

pampered.chris said:
Oooh...tough call. You already have your info out to so many, but I would rather initials or at least for it to be short and easily memorized.
But this would be a great way to get in touch with everyone you can from your past shows!! I wonder if you could just change your info on the fridge magnets. It won't look wonderful and professional, but your info is still on there.
I hope this helps!!

I could take a look at the magnets and see what I could do there. It is a tough call, but you have a point about getting in touch with everyone from past shows. Maybe I could do a mass mailing, since I don't have emails for everyone. That would be pretty costly though. Ahhhh....decisions, decisions! :rolleyes:

peichef said:
MF

I'm in the same boat & have contemplated changing mine many times. But I figure I'm better keeping it as is (since it's been /charitybuchanan for about 2 yrs) rather than risk people "losing" my site.

let us know what you decide :)

People losing the site is another reason I am hesitant. Too bad I couldn't redirect them to my new one!! I would have it in my newsletter, which, I would think would be the majority of those visiting my site.

So, still undecided! Any more ideas anyone??

trspc said:
Sorry to hijack do new consultants get PWS free for sometime? If so how does thay work?

No worries about hijiaking!! :) I do believe new consultants get a free PWS for three months once they qualify, but you would have to double check on that one.

OK...am I the only one that saw MFMyers and thought there's an "MF" in there that could be bad?

Is /Myers available? or /MarieFrance?

BTW- mine is /kellyspage but I put /KellysPage on my paperwork cuz you can "see" my name better...looks more like two words with the capitals rather than one run on word. I also have it listed as PamperedChef.biz/ rather than pamperedchef.biz for the same reason...it just looks better and either way they type it in they will get to your site!

I, too, have hesitated about mine for the exact same reasons...It is /lizschefconnection But I was trying to be creative with mine and ended up making it confusing I am afraid. However, I have some customers that shop it quite regularly and now I am kind of afraid to change it for that reason. I don't mind your site address now actually marie-france, the only thing, if you do change it-I agree with PP, don't put the MF in there for bad connotative reasons. Maybe you could just use mariefrance? I like that...(as long as it hasn't been taken) IMHO...

LOL!! I hadn't thought of that, but you're right. I have a couple of close friends who call me MF....I'll think of this every time now!! LOL hummmm....come to think of it, maybe they're trying to tell me something?!? ;)

Maybe I'll just stick to the one I've got....might be easier! I do like /MarieFrance though. And thanks Kelly for the tip on using caps. That's a very good point!

I'd go with the /marie france with or without the capitals. I definitely thought something else when I saw the 'MF' as well!!! :eek:

Update - I have decided to change my address to /mariefrance. Thanks to you guys for the idea. Don't know why I didn't think of that!

I don't have a whole lot of activity on my site (wish we had "counters"), so I think I can change it now. It will be nice to have a shorter name, and it will be easier to just remove the MYERS from the address now on my info.

Just a question - should I send out an email announcing the new name or just wait until I send our my August newsletter? Seems kinda silly to send out a message just for that.....

What is a Pws Name?

A Pws Name stands for "Personal Website Name" and is used to identify your personal Pampered Chef website. It is a unique name that you can choose to represent your business and share with your customers.

How do I choose a Pws Name?

You can choose a Pws Name by logging into your Pampered Chef account and navigating to the Personal Website section. From there, you can click on "Choose My Pws Name" and follow the prompts to select an available name for your website.

Can I change my Pws Name?

Yes, you can change your Pws Name at any time by logging into your Pampered Chef account and navigating to the Personal Website section. From there, you can click on "Change My Pws Name" and follow the prompts to select a new available name for your website.

What are some tips for choosing a good Pws Name?

When choosing a Pws Name, it's important to pick something that is easy to remember and reflects your brand or business. You can use your name, a catchy phrase, or keywords related to your products or services. It's also a good idea to keep it short and avoid using special characters or numbers.

Do I have to have a Pws Name?

No, having a Pws Name is not required to be a Pampered Chef consultant. However, having a personalized website can help you stand out and make it easier for customers to find and shop with you online.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NooraK
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
  • dannyzmom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
baychef
  • lluvs2laugh