• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Success: My Host's $1000+ Total!

In summary, Kristen's host from today is struggling financially and has a large wish list. However, her host wife was very helpful and hospitable.
raebates
Staff member
My poor host from today is really struggling. She has $323 in free product to spend, and her wish list was about $100. LOL!

She had 18 guests and expected $200-$300. It didn't hurt that one guest ordered over $200 in products, then called and added an Executive Stock Pot. My host was absolutely stunned by her $1,000+ total.

The absolute best part, other than the fact that we had oodles of fun, was that her husband was one of the sweetest host spouses I've ever encountered. He insisted on helping me carry things in and wouldn't hear of my carrying anything heavy downstairs to where we were holding the party. After the show he carried everything out and packed it in my van while I was talking with his wife. As I went to leave he pointed out that he'd brought my coat in* so it would be warm for me--it was chilly in the van. Wasn't that nice?

*Our high temp today was in the teens. I'm bad about not wearing a coat. I wear gloves and sometimes a hat, but I dislike messing with a coat if the temp is above 0 F. I do, however, carry a warm coat in the van in case I have trouble.

My host from today has the same problem. She hasn't a chance to make a huge wish list. yet. She knows she wants corn cob knobs & family size quick stir pitcher. But, she can get $323 free. She better get her wish list going.

I have one too that is having the same issue with the same amount! Only she is $38 from $361! She still only has about $150 in stuff picked out! I do not think she was ever expecting a $1000 + party. I left that night with $515 in orders! She is still in that mind set! What was that, like $145? Nice to have a host with that issue though and the commission check to go with it!

That's awesome! I have a catalog hostess right now who may actually earn $100+ in FPV..and I'm super excited for her because she hosted the party just to try and get the Classic Batter Bowl at a discount. Neither of us expected the show to hit almost $400 and I feel confident it will reach $500 before we're done.She's recently become a SAHM and they're struggling a bit on one income. She has no mixing bowls at all, so that Batter Bowl has been on her wish list for months!

Kristen - have you offered her the business opportunity? She's done extremely well with her catalog show! Maybe that's just what she needs to realize how easy and amazing this business is and if she needs extra money, it might be just what she's looking for!

mountainmama74 said:
Kristen - have you offered her the business opportunity? She's done extremely well with her catalog show! Maybe that's just what she needs to realize how easy and amazing this business is and if she needs extra money, it might be just what she's looking for!

I haven't yet, but I will make the suggestion to her..

Last edited:
My host keeps "complaining" that they don't stop, the orders just keep coming in. Now she's at $436 free.

skaugchef said:
My host keeps "complaining" that they don't stop, the orders just keep coming in. Now she's at $436 free.
That is too funny!!!

OMG That is incredibly awesome! Mine just picked out $361 in free stuff, 4 half priced items and I gave her the host bonus product she wanted. I mean why not, she got me well over $300 in commission! I have two more parties to hit the 25% mark so... I CAN GET THE HEATING GUY IN TO FIX OUR RENTERS FURNACE!!! And I will have money left over for Spring Launch Gas Money! YEAH!!! No squeaking that trip out! Yes, I know it is three days before pay day but hey, if it's coming I can borrow!

I also have a host with the same problem...she told me she would only have 5 or 6 attending (she had 15!) and didn't think she would make $500. When I left tonight, she was at $809 and still has at least 5 people she needs to contact. She is going to try to get to $1000 but the only thing she knows for sure that she wants is the food chopper! LOL I LOVE IT!!! Wish every show had this problem!!!

Update on mine...we closed it last night at $567. She got $113 in FPV, and also wanted the bamboo salad set...her out of pocket cost was $55 so I talked her into another $6.50 to get a free baking pan :)
She is interested in looking at this as a potential opportunity for herself, but not right now, which I understand. She also is thinking to host another show before Christmas so she can do some gift shopping!
I am so happy for her (would be nice for a $1000 show but for my only show this month I'm happy with it!)

my hostess last weekend. figured she's have to pay for part of her "wish list" I got to her house and we both knew she has $300 in online orders. She had 14 people there. As of today she's got $361 in free product.. She then told me her wish list happend to come to $362.. she's shocked at how her party turned out.

skaugchef said:

She had 2 online orders before her show. When I left her show Her show was at $1009.00. I've had atleast 1 online order every day since Monday. She's also gathered orders from work. Her show is now @ $1,414.25. That's $473 free. WOW!! She rocks.

Even better news--my host's daughter booked a show. Wait! It gets better. After attending her mom's show she got inspired. She researched the company. She asked me some questions. Her party is now going to be one of her first 4. She's in the process of getting the other 3 scheduled. She'll be my newest team member. :D

My poor host's show is at $1,352 with 18 orders...$436 FREE!! Holy cow!! And, she still is collecting orders!!!

yall are awesome!!! I love threads like this!!!!

I just had to come on to this thread..this January has been awesome!! I was barely scraping by hoping I'd end up around $1500 in orders the way it was looking. Then my show last friday nite is closing up at $1602.00. She has $548 or something like that for FREE! I sold 8 bakers at the show!!! Love the fajita recipe!! Got 4 bookings too! Then one of my catty shows thought she was just going to reach $150 and she is closing at $600....another show last nite I thought was going to be a flop is at $700 right now...and I have a fundraiser that is at $1100!!!
Too bad this isn't February!!! But will love the paycheck and the $225 in PC dollars!!!!
I'm over $4500 for the month!!!!!

Rae that is so great! Not only a great party but a recruit to boot! I was shocked too as my catalog host from Las Vegas sent me her orders yesterday. She and I both figured maybe $250. Well, she is at $414 and still has 3 orders coming in! I asked if she thought she would break the $500 mark, she simply wrote back - You're dang(Expletive actually), right I will! So I can't wait to see where this goes. Oh, and out of 6 orders, 4 were over $100! And yes, I have been asking her about the opportunity. The seed is planted. My experience in this business never prepares me for the oddities of parties though. I had a party on the 14th. Walked out with $515 and we went all the way to $1033. I had a party on the 22nd. We only went to $303 but I have three bookings. Two of which I know I will do. Then the catalog party in Las Vegas. Never thought it would do much as most of my catalog parties don't. We are going to break $500. And she too thinks I have 2 more catalog parties coming out of it. She wants to do another one after the new products come out and a friend of hers, who spent $114, wants to do one too but in May as Dee mentioned the HWC thing to her. That one will be in CA! So you just never know. All I know for sure is they got what they wanted and I am getting almost $500 in commission! OH I can not find it, are the commission jumps at $750 (22/24%) and $1250(23/25%)? Or do I have my numbers wrong?

Maybe you talk her into "splitting" the show with you. meaning her/him signing as a consultant and you take part of the orders and she the other. that way she has a good start to her business. maybe if she saw how easy it was to get that good of sales she would be interested.

Shelly Flanagan said:
Maybe you talk her into "splitting" the show with you. meaning her/him signing as a consultant and you take part of the orders and she the other. that way she has a good start to her business. maybe if she saw how easy it was to get that good of sales she would be interested.
I would only do that if she wanted the large kit but couldn't get all the money together. I tell the host/future recruit that she makes out so much better if she does the show but I leave it to her. I have someone right now that will be signing right after the show closed tomorrow (UGGG) I hate closing on the last day of the month. I gave her options and she wanted to buy down. Others have chosed to pay up front and get the host benefits AND commission (and 1st show and sales from the show counting toward qualifying!

1. How can I ensure that my host's party reaches a total of $1000 or more?

To achieve a $1000+ party total, it's important to plan ahead and create excitement among your guests. Start by inviting at least 20-30 people to your party and encourage them to bring a friend or two. Offer incentives for guests who bring the most friends or make the most purchases. Additionally, promote your party on social media and through word-of-mouth to reach a larger audience.

2. What are some tips for maximizing sales at my host's party?

One way to maximize sales at your host's party is to create a sense of urgency. Offer limited-time deals or exclusive products that are only available at the party. Encourage guests to book their own parties by offering a hostess discount or free products. You can also showcase the versatility and usefulness of our products by demonstrating them in different recipes and uses.

3. Can I host a party online instead of in-person?

Yes, you can definitely host an online party instead of an in-person one. Our virtual party platform allows you to invite guests from all over and still enjoy the same benefits and incentives as an in-person party. Plus, online parties often have higher attendance rates and can reach a larger audience.

4. How long should I plan for my host's party to last?

We recommend planning for your host's party to last about 2-3 hours. This gives enough time for guests to mingle, eat, and shop, while also allowing for any demonstrations or games you may have planned. You can also offer guests the option to arrive and leave at their own convenience.

5. What can I do to make my host's party more fun and engaging?

There are many ways to make your host's party more fun and engaging for guests. You can plan interactive games or challenges with prizes, offer hands-on product demonstrations, or even have a theme for the party. Make sure to also have plenty of food and drinks available to keep guests energized and in a festive mood.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• chefdianne
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • sillylittlechef
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
tlennhoff
Replies