• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Success at My Booth: Tips, Tricks and Prizes for a Successful Show!

In summary, the conversation was about a person preparing for a booth at a fair the next day. They have planned to display various products, have catalogs and mini catalogs available, give out fall catalogs to those interested and collect contact information, have host packets ready, offer a balloon prize for booking a show, have door prize slips and a thank you gift bin, and offer gift certificates as prizes. They are also undecided on whether to offer a $50 or $15 gift certificate as the grand prize. They also plan to have recruiting packets available and a YLYW DVD playing in the background. Another person in the conversation shared a poem to put on old catalogs and discussed bringing their Kit items for recruiting.
babywings76
Gold Member
Thanks to so many people for sharing their fair booth wisdom, I think I have things figured out for my booth tomorrow. Here's what I've planned so far:

(it's kind of long, bare with me...):blushing:

I'm going to display the DCB and the bar pan, 2 small pieces of cookware, the 3 tiered stand, trifle bowl, and then have my cutting board and have the garlic press and FC sitting on it. I'm going to have a few of the new items out. My TTA behind a little bit, so if people ask about something I can show them. I still need to practice my set-up and see if this is too much stuff. I was going to also have some candy in my SA small bowl caddy.

S/S catalogs will be sitting out for the taking, they have the old catalog poem and my phone # on a big label on the front cover, along with a big label on the back with my info.

I'll hand out mini catalogs to people who ask me about the new products.

I'll only give out Fall catalogs to people who seem really interested in one, but only if I get their contact info. I'll tell them there's no obligation, but this way I can keep them "in the loop" about the specials.

I'll have host packets ready for if people book a show and set a date right there. To encourage that, I'm going to have balloons that have pictures of items worth about $10 tied to the ribbon. If they book a show they can pick a balloon and win the prize that is pictured there. It'll be ordered on the hosts order and paid as a "consultant gift" when we close out the show. (Right? Is that the way you do it? Do I get commission on consultant gifts?)

I have white door prize slips that people will fill out, but I'm keeping the box in a different spot, so they have to ask me where it is, or go through my booth to get to it. I will also have different colored slips in my apron pocket, so that if I'm talking to someone and they seem like a possible recruit or host, I'll have them fill it out and put it in the box (that way later, I'll know the colored ones are warmer leads.)

I'll also have my catalog that is in page protectors there, so if anyone wants to look through it or place an order. I'm going to also have a "Thank You" gift bin. I'll have mini-whips, I-slice, citrus peelers, Twixits, small bamboo spoons for a thank you if people place an order. I'm going to have them pay for the direct shipping, but tell them if they buy $60 or more in products, they can get a $10 gift certificate. (redeemable only through me. Not sure when to give it an expiration date. And it should only go towards a future order-they shouldn't be able to redeem it for that purchase, right?)

The next thing I'm still undecided on. I want to offer a $50 Gift Certificate for the Grand Prize drawing, but was thinking of also offering $15 gift certificates, instead of awarding them a "free show". This way when I call people I can say they won the $15 gift certificate. So how should I advertise my prize drawings?

I'm also going to have recruiting packets there, just in case. But mainly I'll just have the YLYW flyer hanging around and give it out when the moments are there. I'm also going to have my portable DVD player showing the YLYW DVD in the background.

So how does that sound? Have I thought of everything?:confused:

Can you post the "old catalog poem"? I have at least 50 old catalogs to get rid of and I'm hoping to put something on the front so people understand why I am giving them an old catalog...

Thanks!

And your booth set up sounds good! Good luck!

I can't take the credit for this, it's been shared on this site several times by others. Isn't this site great! :)

Though the date on this catalog may be old
Just look inside and you'll be sold.
Many fine products you will see.
Call me to learn how to get some free!
If extra income is what you need
I can help you to succeed.

Amanda....
(H)717-xxx-xxxx (C)717-xxx-xxxx

I printed the poem in italics and bolded my info and it looked great when it was done.

Your plans sound great. I also have my first booth at the beginning of October. I can't decide whether to bring my Kit items and display them for recruiting.

I would allow them to use the $10/$15 gift certificate on a future purchase, and make it only good through the end of February 2009 (that way you aren't crossing seasons).

I love the balloon idea!

Best of luck to you, it sounds like you have it all covered!:D

Amanda it looks like you have thought things over quite well. My suggestion is do put an expiration date on your gift certificate of whatever time frame you need shows. I am also afraid you may be giving away a lot of gift certificates, but that is up to you. Just remember you are trying to increase your business.

leahevanson said:
Your plans sound great. I also have my first booth at the beginning of October. I can't decide whether to bring my Kit items and display them for recruiting.

I would allow them to use the $10/$15 gift certificate on a future purchase, and make it only good through the end of February 2009 (that way you aren't crossing seasons).

I love the balloon idea!

Best of luck to you, it sounds like you have it all covered!:D

Thanks! :) And that's a good idea to have it be the end of Feb. I think I'll go with that. :thumbup:

tlag1986 said:
Amanda it looks like you have thought things over quite well. My suggestion is do put an expiration date on your gift certificate of whatever time frame you need shows. I am also afraid you may be giving away a lot of gift certificates, but that is up to you. Just remember you are trying to increase your business.

I know, that was a worry I had. You're right, I don't want every show I plan to do be on my dime. But I heard how others offered free shows to people, so I was thinking of doing it. Then I figured I would rather do a GC, because then I put the $15 on the hosts order (theirs if I convince them to do a show, or another host for a show that I'll probably have open at the time), so I'd be using their discount plus earn a commission on it. So it's not entirely $15, right? Am I thinking this through correctly? I think I'd rather do that than offer a free show, because I don't want to feel the burden of needing to run to the store to buy the food for shows. PC reimburses hosts the $15, so I feel like the shows should already feel "free", but I know not everyone will agree with that. ;)

So maybe I should say, one grand prize of a $50 GC, and 3 prizes of $15 GC's.

When you make your follow up calls, what do you tell the people who didn't win anything? Do I just try to do the normal thing of feeling out their interest level and see if they'll book a show cause they obviously are interested in getting free PC products, right? :D

So I thought I'd do a little follow-up on my fair from last night.

The layout for this fair was a little different than I was expecting. The rides and activities and carnival-like food vendors were blocks away. We were in "tent city" near a few food vendors and all the live animal events (pig races were the main attraction last night and were really popular) There were a couple tents with vendors. My tent had only about a dozen vendors inside and maybe 6 more on the outside perimeter. So the traffic flow that I was expecting just wasn't there.

But I did get 44 entries in my door prize. My balloons brought attention to my booth, but I didn't have any takers. But I did get 8 "maybe" hosts, 1 fundraiser possibility (she approached me about it), and a Tastefully Simple lady asked me about doing a thing (forget the name) where we would both present taking turns presenting one after the other like a combined show. Not sure how I feel about that one. On the one hand, it might bring me in new leads from her contact list, but on the other hand, sales would be split. I think I'll see where these leads from last night take me, and then see if I can handle it.

I wish that when I took my potty break and my dinner break, that I had mini catalogs or recipe cards in my apron pockets. I could have given them out as I made eye contact with people. Next time, next time. :)

I feel a bit overwhelmed today. I still have a ton to do to get ready for my Open House on Saturday. The kids get home early from school today. We've got a birthdy party to go to, dance class, and youth group tonight. I've got 2 catalog shows that I have to work on. And now I need to do all these follow ups! Man, it's a lot to take in. But I'm so excited to have all this to do! I hope this helps my business grow, but that I can keep up with it! I need to get better organized. :)

Sounds like you did good with making contacts. Just focus on increasing your contacts and the shows will eventually come. Keep up the good work.

What is "My Plans so Far..."?

"My Plans so Far..." is a feature on the Pampered Chef website that allows you to organize and keep track of your future purchases and parties with Pampered Chef.

How do I access "My Plans so Far..."?

To access "My Plans so Far...", simply log in to your Pampered Chef account and click on the "My Plans so Far..." tab on the top navigation bar.

Can I add items to "My Plans so Far..." from previous orders?

Yes, you can add items from previous orders to "My Plans so Far..." by clicking on the "Add from Previous Order" button and selecting the items you want to add.

How do I create a party in "My Plans so Far..."?

To create a party in "My Plans so Far...", click on the "Create Party" button and fill in the necessary information, such as the date, time, and location of the party.

Can I share "My Plans so Far..." with others?

Yes, you can share "My Plans so Far..." with others by clicking on the "Share" button and entering the email address of the person you want to share it with. They will receive an email with a link to view your plans.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
tlag1986
  • kcmckay
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Chef Bobby