• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better

In summary, Anne's story is about how she became a consultant, how she struggled with it at first but ultimately enjoyed it, and how her family is going to Disney World as a result.
chefcharity
At training on Monday we did a new 'story' for our shows. Completely scaling it back from what I used to do. I simply answered 3 questions with a one or two sentence each:
Why did I sign up?
Why have I kept up with it?
What do I look to get out of it in the future?

So, my story got cut way back. I am now a stay-at-home mom and unfortunatley, I think my old story was just targeting that group of people. My new story is pretty much about money, flexiblity and free products! EVERYONE can relate to that!

Anyhow, tried it at last night's show and got two new leads that I am following up with on Monday and Tuesday. Both work full time and are looking for something 'flexible' where they can make some 'extra money'. Woohoo! Less can sometime be more!

I like this idea. I might have to start trying it. Thank you

I really like this, too. I struggle with my story because it is not an earth-shattering, tear-jerking story like most already have...

Thanks for sharing...

Why don't we post our stories (or is that too much of a thread hijack)?

Anne I like your idea. As we have discussed this is one area I feel I struggle HOWEVER...I had the "ah hah" moment when I redid the online training "sharing the opportunity" (I think that was the name of it) and think I came up with something. Would LOVE to hear others and be willing to share my own. If it is a hijack we can start another thread.

Sounds good to me!

Sounds good! It is not a hijack at all! Go for it! I will tell you that I tried my new approach again at yesterday's show and got 2 MORE LEADS!! So, I have 4 interviews between today and Tuesday! WoW! I have been having a terrible dry spell.

Ok, what I am saying:
I have been with PC for over 2 years now and when I signed up I did so because I needed the extra money. I've kept up with it because - well - the money! But the company is awesome! They give us the chance to earn free products, my schedule is flexible becauce I make it (I have kids so this gives me a chance to be with them and to leave them when need be! haha) and I get to party with great people like you! Not to mention the trips! My whole family is going to Disney world next year complements of PC. And that is why I plan on doing this for a long time. It is just too good all the way around to think of doing anything else!

Then I do the ticket game - I've changed that a little too. They can ask any question they want - about products, recipes, whatever. For any question they get 1 ticket for a question about my biz they get 4 tickets and for the golden question - how much money do you make - they get a 6. Whoever has the most at the end wins.

Ok, who's next?

I like this. I am going to pass it on to my new consultants.
Mine is this... I became a consultant because my husband put my ice cream dipper in the dishwasher.
One of his coworkers was hosting a show, and I didn't have anything else to do on that Saturday morning, so I decided to go. Of course I was only planning to order that ice cream dipper.
Now I will be really honest, when I used to go to these shows it was only because my friend was going to get something free if "x" number of people showed up. I always used to sit there thinking, " oh that poor girl.. she can't get a real job so here she is selling things in people's homes.." ( that usually gets a laugh) then I say, BUT... the consultant at this show was an old friend of mine.. who was a physical therapist looking for something more flexible when she decided to give PC a try. She wanted more time with her family. As she talked about how much fun it was and all of the free products she received, I thought I wanted to give it a try.At the time I only had one child and I really wanted the free products. The extra income was a bonus. As soon as I became a consultant, I immediately found out I was pregnant. :) Since I spent most of that pregnancy on bedrest I had to give up PC after about 3 months. When we were on the way home from the hospital with my now 4 1/2 year old daughter, I discovered I was pregnant again. ( I get funny looks) I say.. ok that's a joke BUT.. she was only 7 months old when I found out I was pregnant again.. with our surprise baby.. Lexi and Luke. Oh yes, there were 2 of them!
Now, in my spare time (this also gets a laugh) I teach high school. So about 2 years ago we found ourselves paying the same amount in daycare as we pay for our mortgage. our house is big enough for us and the kids, but not so much the stuff that seems to come with kids. We really want to build a larger house... but there was no extra money to start paying down debt, so I decided to get back into PC. When my husband and I discussed what we could do for extra $$, we realized that if either of us were to get a part time job, it would most likely be at minimum wage on someone else's schedule. That was not acceptable. I had such a great time my first time as a consultant that PC was a no brainer. I have had so much fun and met so many great people, and the income has been such a blessing to our family that I now make more with my part time job than I do with my full time job. Plus it gets me out of bathtime a couple of nights a week.
Sometimes it is not that long, but I always hit the same points....

Hey! Just had my first of the 4 interviews and she is signing at the end of the month! Woohoo!!! 2 interviews tomorrow and one on Tues. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

chefcharity said:
Hey! Just had my first of the 4 interviews and she is signing at the end of the month! Woohoo!!! 2 interviews tomorrow and one on Tues. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Good luck! That is so exciting!

chefcharity said:

Way to go! I'm impressed and inspired! Thanks!

I too, redid my life story as part of the new Step Up my Business Class. Here's my new one: (less than 2 min.)Five years ago, I was beginning my 12th year of teaching, and had three young children at home. I was looking for recognition that I didn’t get in my day job. Nobody was saying, “Way to go, you had 95% of your students meet the state benchmarks. They would say, why did 4% not meet state bench marks.” I craved adult conversation outside of my husband, and a chance to meet new friends. The Pampered Chef worked for my stay-at-home director, but would it work for someone like me who worked outside of the home full-time? Could I balance the two? I’m my own boss with The Pampered Chef. I choose my hours and how many hours I work. In the summer when I’m home, I can work my business more. When school begins each September, I choose to have catalog shows instead. My organizational skills as a teacher, has helped me keep my business contained to just a roll top desk in my garage. My kids help stamp catalogs and I have no inventory. I take my products out of my kitchen, and take them to my shows. My situation has changed over this past year. My husband has had little work with his computer business, and my son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes, which increased our monthly medical bills. I now found I needed an extra $400 a month to help cover his medicine. With just 4 shows a month I can do that. I have met many friends within my own team, and within my hosts. I’m receiving recognition in many ways: through friends, jewelry, free products, and cold-hard cash! You or someone you know, may need that extra income to cover living expenses, or purchasing a car, etc. The Pampered Chef can fit into any lifestyle. My goal is to no longer work, but party and get paid for it!

Julie, that's a great story!

Thanks Anne. I get to share it next week when I'm doing my volunteer cooking show.

1. How is "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" different from other products on the market?

Our new "Story" is a unique combination of ingredients and cooking techniques that have been carefully curated to provide a one-of-a-kind flavor experience. Unlike other products, our "Story" is versatile and can be used in a variety of dishes, making it a must-have in any kitchen.

2. Is "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" suitable for those with dietary restrictions?

Yes, our "Story" is free from common allergens such as gluten, dairy, and nuts. It is also suitable for vegetarians and vegans. However, we always recommend checking the ingredient list for any personal dietary concerns.

3. How do I use "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" in my cooking?

"My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" can be used as a marinade, seasoning, or sauce. Simply follow the instructions on the bottle or get creative and use it in your own unique recipes. It pairs well with a variety of proteins, vegetables, and grains.

4. Can I purchase "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" online?

Yes, our "Story" is available for purchase on our website, as well as through our independent consultants. You can also find it at select retail stores. Visit our website for a list of locations.

5. How long does "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" last after opening?

Once opened, "My New 'Story' That Seems to Work Better" can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 6 months. Be sure to always check the expiration date on the bottle for the most accurate information.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kdangel518
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kraber
  • jsanderson0508
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
  • alidafrizzell