• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Loyal Yahoo Classic User Experience: Can't Leave, Won't Leave

In summary, the person is unhappy because they are getting the blue line when forwarding newsletters from Yahoo. They found a way to fix it by changing the color of the line. They also mentioned that if they paid for the e-mail, they would not be stuck with the beta version.
Intrepid_Chef
Silver Member
I have been a loyal user of Yahoo Classic for years. The only problem is that when forwarding a TT newsletter, it gives me that pesky blue line. So every time I forward one, it is time for the most anxious half hour ever ... I switch to the new version, send the newsletter and breathe a sigh of relief when I switch back.

Well now, after googling "switching back to yahoo classic," getting errors with the help function and being assured everywhere that I can switch back only not to find an option, I find a "tutorial" that tells me I CANNOT switch back to Yahoo Classic.

I honestly do not know what to do. I have had this account for years and have it on everything so I cannot give it up. But there is nothing I hate more than Yahoo Beta and the stupid tutorials will not make me love it. I hated Gmail and Live but will go with them if Yahoo does not make it right.

I am going to (unwisely) leave the classic window open for the night and hope it's all better in the morning.

Meanwhile wanted to make you all aware of this in case you think you can switch back just like I did. I guess they're hoping all us Classic users will be lulled into a false sense of security, "try" Yahoo beta and find out it's like the Hotel California. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave!

But thank you, Yahoo answers!

I switched back and here is how I did it:
In Firefox tools->options->content
uncheck enable JavaScript
then click on link switch back yahoo mail permanently. The last link
Source(s):
Yahoo mail

I checked and now I have the old version even in Google Chrome.

Future newsletters will have the blue line now!

Is the blue line you're referring to the one that goes down the left side of your email anytime you forward something?I don't use Yahoo, so I'm not sure how it works compared to my e-mail program, but on mine there's a preferences section and that's where I edit my signature and other things. They have a place where I can choose to handle forwards in different ways. I can set it up so the text I'm forwarding is first or last to where I add things. It also allows me to change the color of the blue line. I made mine white, so that it's basically invisible. Maybe yours has some type of setting you can play around with?

I pay the yearly fee for no advertisements on my Yahoo! e-mails - I don't get the blue line or the ads! ;)

Yes, the blue line. I can't seem to make it go away but will try to change the color. Either that, or if Sheila's newsletter allows me to do so, copy and paste everything into a new e-mail rather than using the forward button.If you pay for the e-mail (I'm hesitant to do that because I already pay SBC for being my service provider) are you stuck with the stupid beta version or can you keep the nice, easy, Yahoo Classic? I'll never switch again!

Intrepid_Chef said:
Yes, the blue line. I can't seem to make it go away but will try to change the color. Either that, or if Sheila's newsletter allows me to do so, copy and paste everything into a new e-mail rather than using the forward button.

If you pay for the e-mail (I'm hesitant to do that because I already pay SBC for being my service provider) are you stuck with the stupid beta version or can you keep the nice, easy, Yahoo Classic? I'll never switch again!

I'm assuming you were referring to Joy's newsletter ... if you are forwarding my newsletter you are sending them links to my page. ;)

I haven't used the non-paid version of Yahoo! I've only used the paid version. They haven't asked me to switch to any beta-version. It's the same as it's been for 3 years. ;)

If you can't change the color of the blue line- copy and paste into a new email like you said. Maybe better than switching. I finally switched back to AOL from Yahoo about 6 months ago. I can forward my AOL email to my smartphone AND Outlook for FREE and I had to pay the yearly fee to do it with Yahoo. I like to use Outlook for all the benefits it offers (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks) so it mattered to me!

Ha ha ... yes, Joy's. I'll see if it lets me copy and paste without messing up the links!

1. Why can't I leave Yahoo Classic and switch to the new version?

Many users may prefer the classic version for its familiarity and simplicity. However, Yahoo has discontinued support for the classic version and encourages users to switch to the new version for a better experience. If you are unable to switch, it may be due to technical difficulties or outdated browser settings.

2. How do I switch back to Yahoo Classic if I have already upgraded to the new version?

Unfortunately, once you have upgraded to the new version, it is not possible to switch back to Yahoo Classic. We recommend exploring the new version and taking advantage of its updated features and design.

3. Will my email and contacts be transferred if I switch to the new version?

Yes, all your emails and contacts will be transferred to the new version. Your account settings, folders, and preferences will also remain the same.

4. Can I customize the layout and design of the new version to make it more like Yahoo Classic?

While the new version offers a more modern and streamlined design, it does not have the same customization options as Yahoo Classic. However, we encourage you to explore the new version and give it a chance to see if it meets your needs and preferences.

5. How can I provide feedback or suggestions about the new version?

You can provide feedback and suggestions by clicking on the "Feedback" button located in the top right corner of the new version. Yahoo values user feedback and uses it to continuously improve the user experience.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Intrepid_Chef
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • kcjodih
  • Flyers and Letters
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • PampChefJoy