• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My BFF, Gone Too Soon: Remembering My Best Friend

In summary, My BFF passed away Monday night from Stage 4 Cervical Cancer. We have known each other for over 30 years...we were suppose to grow old together:cry: She was diagnosed in September. She was only 55 yoa. We have helped each other go through some very rough patches (kids, jobs, DH, etc) over the years. It is going to be so hard knowing I can't pick up the phone and call her anymore. We have memories that could fill a book that will remain with me forever.
pkd09
Silver Member
My BFF passed away Monday night from Stage 4 Cervical Cancer. We have known each other for over 30 years...we were suppose to grow old together:cry: She was diagnosed in September. She was only 55 yoa. We have helped each other go through some very rough patches (kids, jobs, DH, etc) over the years. It is going to be so hard knowing I can't pick up the phone and call her anymore. We have memories that could fill a book that will remain with me forever.

So Sorry. You are in my prayers.

I'm so sorry!! My heart breaks for you! I too lost a very dear to my heart friend Aug 25, 2000. Although we weren't life time friends we had a bond. We lived down the road from each other and we had so many fun times as couples. Her and her hubby would show up at our door sometimes at 11pm just to play a game!! Miss that!! I'll pray for you!!

so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in the happy memories.

I pray you will have the peace and comfort you friend now has.

Prayers for all, God Bless. xoxo

(((hugs)))

Take it one day at a time, I'll be praying for you.

I am so sorry for you loss.

Prayers of peace to you and her family

I am praying for you and her family.

So sorry to hear about this. I will be praying.

{{{hugs}}} Sorry for your loss.

I'm so sorry for your loss. May your memories bring you peace through the years.

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for peace for you.

OMG you poor thing!! My heart breaks for you and her family! That's just sooo sad!! I'll be praying for you all! I can imagine it won't be easy without her! {{HUGS}}

pkd09 said:
My BFF passed away Monday night from Stage 4 Cervical Cancer. We have known each other for over 30 years...we were suppose to grow old together:cry: She was diagnosed in September. She was only 55 yoa. We have helped each other go through some very rough patches (kids, jobs, DH, etc) over the years. It is going to be so hard knowing I can't pick up the phone and call her anymore. We have memories that could fill a book that will remain with me forever.

Pat I completely understand how you feel. I lost one of my best friends last December from early onset Altheizmers. We had known each other for 30 years. We grew up together, stood up for each other at our weddings, shared a lot over the years. She was only 48. She was diagnosed in January and by that summer she was an infant, and by December, she was gone. It was horrible. It is difficult living through it, but afterwards, there is a hole that, I believe, just can't be filled. I still think of her when I see certain things, and start to think, I should call Jan, but then I realize I can't. If you need to cry on someone's shoulder, feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]. I won't tell you that you will miss her less as time goes on but just remember all the good times and how much joy she brought to your life, and how much you brought to hers.

So sorry for you . . . you are in my prayers.

BIIIIIIIIIIIIGGGGGGGGGGG HUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSS

To you!! I am so sorry.

Sending you BIG HUGS!! I am so sorry for your loss! You will be in my thoughts and prayers!! Take Care:)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear friend.

I just lost my grandfather last week, so I understand the pain you are going through.
Many prayers are with you during this time.

so sorry to hear of your loss.. as someone else said on here already, "One day at a time" You will be in my prayers.

You are all so wonderful...thank you for your thoughts and prayers. As I sit here hurting, I keeping thinking about her DH and daughter Kara. Kara is 23 yoa and won't have her mom at her wedding, birth of first child, etc. How fortunate I was to be at all of mine and also in attendance at some of my grandchildrens births. DH is an awesome guy, my friends mom is also still surviving and has been with her daily since September never leaving her side. We are all blessed for every day we are able to be here on this earth, be with our loved ones, do our daily things. Life is so precious. Thank you all again for your thoughts today.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I am truely sorry for your loss.
I lost 2 good friends to Cancer w/in an 18 month period. And yes, it is painful, and I still miss both of them. I think the thing that really hung around for quite awhile was the fact that they were both my age. And it is so weird to go on without them. With the one I was closest to, I had the odd feeling of she had packed a bag and left on a trip without me and was never coming back. I think that was because she was so sure of what came next. She wasn't worried at all. But I really did feel left behind, it was strange. It's OK to grieve, and don't put a timetable on when you think you "should" be over it, there isn't one!

Oh, I am so sorry! I pray that God gives you a sense of peace through this tough time! Our friends are such FAMILY to each of us!

I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose a close friend. It's like losing a big chunk of your life. You'll be in my prayers.

I am so sorry for your loss. You and her family will be in my prayers.

I'm so sorry for your tremendous loss.

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I lost my mom only a month before her 52nd birthday, due to colon cancer. I was 3 months pregnant with my first baby, and thought I would just die myself!!

It is still not easy if I think on it too much, and my daughter is now 21 years old. Some people truly do leave a "hole" in our heart, a real void, to be sure.
I'm very thankful that my mom is in heaven, and will be excited to introduce all 3 of her wonderful, awesome grandchildren to her someday!

Time really does help, but doesn't take ALL of the pain away, it just seems to make things a bit more "bittersweet", I think. And that's not all bad, either. I think it just means we care too much to ever let it totally go away!

I pray that the Lord will bring peace to your heart in the only way He can!

Blessings to you,
Paula

pkd09 said:

Pat. I'm so sorry for your broken heart. I have lost people near and dear to me, and I can relate. HUGS!!!!

1. How can I cope with the loss of my best friend?

Losing a best friend can be incredibly difficult and there is no one right way to cope. Some suggestions include finding a support system, seeking therapy or counseling, participating in activities that bring you comfort and joy, and allowing yourself to grieve in your own way and at your own pace.

2. How can I honor my best friend's memory?

There are many ways to honor a loved one's memory. Some ideas include creating a memory book or collage, planting a tree or garden in their honor, participating in a charity or event that was important to them, or simply sharing stories and memories with others.

3. How can I support my friend's family during this difficult time?

Offering your condolences and support to your friend's family is a kind and thoughtful gesture. You could send them a sympathy card, bring them a meal, offer to help with any arrangements or tasks, or simply be there to listen and offer your love and support.

4. Is it normal to feel guilty after losing a best friend?

It is completely normal to experience a range of emotions, including guilt, after losing a loved one. It is important to remember that you did everything you could to support your friend and that their passing was not your fault.

5. How can I keep my friend's memory alive?

Your friend's memory will always live on in your heart and in the memories you shared together. You could also consider creating a special tribute, such as a memorial fund or scholarship, in their name to honor their legacy and impact on your life.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
pcchris
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
crissy11
  • dannyzmom
  • General Chat
Replies