• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Recruiting for Dream Trip: Can it Boost Morale?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the possibility of a Disney trip for the consultants of the company. They discuss past trips to Disney, the potential impact on morale, and the advantages of announcing the trip at a national meeting day. They also mention the possibility of earning both the trip and double points in December. There is excitement and anticipation for the trip, and some members share their personal experiences at Disney.
MORFIA
Gold Member
My gut is they are seeing that the amount of recruits for this years trip-Is none of how it has ever been--

Last years DC trip was scarce-100 plus our family's there--

I hear every 5 years-ish they do Disney-When it was last time it was for all levels-

I think they are hoping it will boost morale--etc--If they are announcing it NOV-sign new people temping with a trip-they are able to get in get set and run with it in January earning this trip for all--

Kelly Christopher's boys are going to be the perfect ages to have Disney closed for them

It was the BEST having free ice cream throughout--No wait on lines-But be prepared for the JUNE heat---

that being said-NO I DON'T know for sure just my guess--

I agree...In 2005 it was Disney at all levels. In 2000 the choices were Disney or Munich or Montreal (lower level trip.)I also think that there was A LOT of complaining when things changed and they started announcing the trip at leadership. (I heard a lot of it from my former director). I think they did it to encourage directors and above to attend Leadership but that didn't happen... those that don't make it a priority to go just complained even more that they were finding after. Sometimes HO just can't win.

Does that mean us Directors find out before our consultants? I loved Disney, it was so special. I agree with the heat, but the fireworks display made it all worth it. I hope they do Disney for the 30th Anniv.

I like having the announcement at a National Meeting Day. I can share the excitement with my consultants that can't go to Leadership. It is so much easier to get them excited in November when they have the X-mas shopping season momentum to have a full Jan and Feb and the incentive to FILL them full. Finding out in November gives us the FULL year to earn it, not Feb-Dec.

Michelle

I loved doing these meetings way back when. I'm so excited to be able to participate in another one with my new team! I originally sined when I lived in Orlando back in '94, so each time the Disney trip was announced it really didn't excite my group. Some of my downline even worked at Disney! I'm in NW Indiana now so if it is Disney, they will be very excited :D. Me too so I can go visit my old stompin grounds and maybe connect with my old recruits that have been out of PC for a long time ;).

I will be so excited if Disney is the trip (sorry kristi) I have been trying to get back there since '05 and it has just not worked out..and my AD has been with PC several times and says it is the ONLY way to do Disney...so i'm hoping and my son will be SO EXCITED!!

ok thought of the DAY-maybe just maybe they are giving us Dec to earn both--??

I'm so happy they are giving us the video to show! It's been so hard to promote the trip to my team without one. They just don't seem to "get" it.

It's alright Krissy!! We'll still go and I love the thought of national meeting day!! I can't wait!

morfia said:
ok thought of the DAY-maybe just maybe they are giving us Dec to earn both--??

that was my thought too! And to increase dec sales it would be awesome if that was our double points month! (a girl can dream right!)
Plus, it may help to ward off the alien ship abducting our teams in january

Closed the park?? Tell me more, how did it work?

jwpamp said:
Closed the park?? Tell me more, how did it work?

Each park closes at a normal time like 6pm or something like that. After hours, companies can rent the park for events. PC had the event at MGM Studios. It was fully staffed and everything was open... all the rides, venues and restaurants. We had no waiting at the rides, the food was at no charge and rides and venues that were closed during the day for one reason or another were open that night. It was only PC people there and was just awesome! There was a special parade that featured the top 50 in sales. Then they had a special Fantasmic show featuring Marla and Doris at the beginning and then at the end (around 10pm) a special fireworks show with a special PC Song (song was Still the One rewritten for PC like they did with YMCA).

My Director's children had the best time on the Disney trip. As they walked the red carpet at MGM, Disney employees were asking for their autographs!

I just started the year of the last Disney trip and did not earn it. My family loves Disney and would really love a FREE trip courtesy of The Pampered Chef!

finley1991 said:
Each park closes at a normal time like 6pm or something like that. After hours, companies can rent the park for events. PC had the event at MGM Studios. It was fully staffed and everything was open... all the rides, venues and restaurants. We had no waiting at the rides, the food was at no charge and rides and venues that were closed during the day for one reason or another were open that night. It was only PC people there and was just awesome! There was a special parade that featured the top 50 in sales. Then they had a special Fantasmic show featuring Marla and Doris at the beginning and then at the end (around 10pm) a special fireworks show with a special PC Song (song was Still the One rewritten for PC like they did with YMCA).

that sounds so amazing!!!

I ate more ice cream sandwiches in 2 hours than I had the whole year--I love the chocolate chip ones---mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just ice cream for the food?? or more??

MORE!!!!!!! the streets were lined with food....you could go into selected resteraunts (Not all of them were open) and have your pick of whatever you wanted!

I want Disney! I want Disney! I want Disney!

What do I want? DISNEY!!!

Give me a D!
D
Give me an I!
I
Give me a S!
S
Give me a N!
N
Give me an E!
E
Give me a Y!
Y

What does that spell? DISNEY!!!

Lisa - you sure about that?

LMAO!

pamperedlinda said:
Lisa - you sure about that?

LMAO!

No doubt about it! My husband would probably pack up my crate for every show and even make some calls for me!

ChefLisa said:
I want Disney! I want Disney! I want Disney!

What do I want? DISNEY!!!

Give me a D!
D
Give me an I!
I
Give me a S!
S
Give me a N!
N
Give me an E!
E
Give me a Y!
Y

What does that spell? DISNEY!!!

tell us how you really feel, Lisa! but I am with you!

Lisa, I am SOOO with you! I LOVE Disney World! I would be thrilled if it was the next trip!!

I only ate my favorite---food--Ice cream---mmmmmmmmmmmm

By the time of the trip, we'll be happily living in our 'forever' house (saying 'retirement house') sounds too, well old. It's less than an hour from Disneyworld.

I think it would be so cool to have everyone at one location. I love hearing stories about how they made Disneyworld the reward for all levels. Oh my, that would be so fantastic!

so when it is for all levels are there different perks for each level?

I don't remember is being for Level 1, am I wrong on this???

amy07 said:
so when it is for all levels are there different perks for each level?

The attached file will explain the last trip. Different levels stayed at different resorts throughout disney.

Level One achievers could choose a buy-in for the MGM event if they wanted. That was a special that they've only done once since it was the 25th anniversary.

Attachments

• When You Wish Itinerary.pdf
    27.2 KB · Views: 274
    27.2 KB · Views: 268
    27.2 KB · Views: 275
    27.2 KB · Views: 276
Colleen

How do you still have that. Thanks.........did level 1 get anything or was it just the option to buy in the MGM event???? Did they have to get themselves their and pay for their hotel?????

I earned level on and the buy in was the only option. I still received the gift certificate. The buy in seemed really expensive to me at the time and so we didn't do it. It was like $80 per person if I remember correctly and we already had season passes that year so we could got in for "free" when ever we wanted. Looking back though Maybe it would have put a fire under my butt to earn the trip the following year. Who knows. All I know is I am earning this years trip!! I just have to.

When did you sign up Tiffany?

Congratulations on promoting!! You just promoted! Great job!

jwpamp said:
Just ice cream for the food?? or more??

They had caterers all over the park. There was outdoor seating where the movie scene area was and actors. They had a very tall slender "rich" woman all dressed up in a long coat and feather in her hat with a chauffer carrying tons of Pampered Chef boxes. Her purse was two of the small collendars (imagine the top of each collendar up against the other top with a gold chain to put around her wrist). Another actor was dressed as a chef and he was adorned with our tools.

Power Rangers, Micky, Minnie, Goofy, all of the Monsters, Inc. characters where there. They were dancing with kids and adults, and lots of photo opportunities.

They had the PC logo lit up on the side of the Tower of Terror. That was free along with one of the movie thingys we went to. There were massage chairs and people giving massages. There were 3 live bands placed in the park. Then the Fantasia production just for us (Doris was on the Riverboat with all of the Disney charactors. (please forgive me...my spelling is TERRIBLE today..the dementia is setting in).

Then the fireworks!!! Take several grand finallies and that is was the normal fireworks were. Their grand finish was beyond incredible.

Hey I started in June 2003 while I was 8 1/2 months pregnant. It seems as if something has always held me back. I am running out of "excuses" and plan to make it work for real. Now if only I could get my husband to stop work 65 hour weeks and not have tropical storms come through and ruin my open houses I will be better.

We started at about the same time. I signed in August 03 just 10 days after having our 3rd child. And my husband did and does travel for work every week, so he's gone Mon-Thurs every week then is out at the office most of the day on Friday. I feel you on life popping up and messing up our plans! We can do it girl!

Gotta love school. Is your little one looking forward to Kinder? My daughter cannot wait for Monday!

I know I am digressing for the main topic...sue me!:devil:

Chef Kearns said:
We started at about the same time. I signed in August 03 just 10 days after having our 3rd child. And my husband did and does travel for work every week, so he's gone Mon-Thurs every week then is out at the office most of the day on Friday. I feel you on life popping up and messing up our plans! We can do it girl!

Gotta love school. Is your little one looking forward to Kinder? My daughter cannot wait for Monday!

LMAO----kids are always the main topic---Its why Disney will be fun for us--
take pictures and tissues Monday==

Chef Kearns said:

well How was DAY ONE???

Mentioned Disney to my NED, and SED, and an ED the other night and didn't get a read on whether that was true or not. Not sure they know, though. ;)

DebbieJ said:
Mentioned Disney to my NED, and SED, and an ED the other night and didn't get a read on whether that was true or not. Not sure they know, though. ;)

The NEDs are at Chairman's Circle starting today... maybe they'll find out!

Never mind - I just read it - it opens in 2011.

finley1991 said:

I just got chills reading that! That would be SO exciting!! We don't find out our trip until January....I'm so excited~

Maybe it's a Disney Cruise?!!

Chef Kearns said:
Maybe it's a Disney Cruise?!!

that would be GR8!

If the trip turns out to be a Disney Cruise, I think my husband would offer to make my phone calls for me!:)

I know my kids would!!!

One of my sister Directors that is a single Mom is bringing her teenage DD with her to NMD so that when the trip is revealed, the DD can get as excited about it as Mom will be and not mind Mom going off to do shows!

Question 1: What is the current status of recruiting for this year's Pampered Chef Dream Trip?

It appears that there are no recruits for this year's trip so far, which may be causing concern among employees.

Question 2: How many people attended last year's DC trip?

Last year's DC trip had a low attendance of only 100 people, including family members.

Question 3: How often does Pampered Chef hold a Disney trip for its employees?

Pampered Chef typically holds a Disney trip every 5 years or so, and the last time it was offered to employees of all levels.

Question 4: Is the announcement of a new Dream Trip in November a way to boost employee morale?

It is possible that the company is hoping the new trip will boost morale among employees. However, this is only speculation and it is not confirmed by Pampered Chef.

Question 5: Will the Disney trip be a good experience for employees with families?

It is likely that the Disney trip will be a great experience for employees with families, as there will be free ice cream and no wait times for rides. However, employees should also be prepared for the June heat in Florida.

Back