• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Grill Press Seems Difficult to Clean...

In summary, cleaning your grill press is easy and can be done with a soft sponge or cloth and mild dish soap. Avoid harsh chemicals and abrasive scrubbers to prevent damage to the non-stick surface. It is not recommended to put the grill press in the dishwasher. For stubborn residue, soak in warm soapy water or use baking soda paste. It is safe to use metal utensils, but wooden or silicone utensils are best. Clean your grill press after each use and give it a more thorough cleaning every few weeks for frequent use.
sunnygirl in nd
Am I doing something wrong? It seems rough like sandpaper and everything sticks to it. Was I suppose to season it or something?

The Grill Press is a rougher texture as it's cast iron. In the CYW video they recommend spraying the press with oil before using. I forgot to do it and got the same results as you, but next time I'll spray it.

I had trouble the first few times but haven't since. I've been pre-heating it dry for the chicken your way and it's cleaning great. I am making sure to clean it as soon as it cools.

I also think it depends on what you use it for. Hamburgers are harder to clean off it than chicken!

I'd also recommend using the PC kitchen brush. Love it!

flemings99 said:
I'd also recommend using the PC kitchen brush. Love it!

I too recommend the brush! Makes the cleanup much easier!

You might need to use some Baking Soda on it - I had to do that last week and it worked great!

I always spray mine with oil using the Kitchen Spritzer and never have too much of a problem.

I have a question that I've been meaning to ask you guys...Are we supposed to avoid using soap on it since it's cast iron? I couldn't find mention of that in the U&C, but maybe I missed it.

I'm not sure about soap/cast iron. My mother swears by cast iron pans (has 4 or 5 of them) and we always used Dawn to wash them.

The grill press is coated so it is not the same as cast iron pans and doesn't get seasoned. I use soap and the kitchen brush or a scotch green pad.

1. How do I clean my grill press without damaging it?

Cleaning your grill press is easy and can be done in a few simple steps. First, make sure the grill press is completely cooled down before cleaning. Then, use a soft sponge or cloth and mild dish soap to gently scrub away any food residue. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive scrubbers as they can damage the non-stick surface of the press. Rinse with warm water and dry with a clean towel.

2. Can I put my grill press in the dishwasher?

No, we do not recommend putting your grill press in the dishwasher. The high heat and harsh detergents can damage the non-stick coating and cause the press to rust. It is best to hand wash your grill press with mild dish soap and warm water.

3. How do I remove stubborn stuck-on food from my grill press?

If you have food that is stuck on your grill press, you can try soaking it in warm soapy water for a few minutes to help loosen the residue. You can also use a non-abrasive scrubber or brush to gently scrub the surface. If the food is still difficult to remove, try using a small amount of baking soda and water to create a paste and gently scrub the surface. Rinse with warm water and dry thoroughly.

4. Is it safe to use metal utensils on my grill press?

Yes, it is safe to use metal utensils on your grill press, but be sure to use them gently to avoid scratching the non-stick surface. It is always best to use wooden or silicone utensils to prolong the life of your grill press and prevent any damage.

5. How often should I clean my grill press?

We recommend cleaning your grill press after each use to prevent any buildup of residue. This will also make it easier to clean and maintain in the long run. If you use your grill press frequently, it is also a good idea to give it a more thorough cleaning every few weeks to remove any stubborn residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
Replies
Views
raebates
  • BettieC
  • Products and Tips
Replies