• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will you say a prayer for my grandfather and our family?

In summary, the conversation revolves around the upcoming family trip to see the speaker's grandparents, who have recently moved into a Veteran's Home due to the grandfather's decline in health from Progressive Dementia. The trip is expected to be different and could potentially be one of the last visits with the grandfather. The speaker expresses gratitude for the time they have had with their grandparents and asks for prayers. Others in the conversation share their own experiences with aging loved ones.
MamaChef
I'd like to ask for any or all of you to say a prayer for our family. We are gearing up for our annual family trip to see my Dad's family, only this year things are quite different. My grandparents moved from their home of 50+ years this Spring so that my grandfather could be admitted to a Veteran's Home. He's struggled for several years with Progressive Dementia, and over the past year has declined at a pretty rapid pace. As of recently he's been taking falling spells, one of which has caused some blood pooling in his head. Apparently, whether from the falling, medications or the disease, it's even a struggle for him to stand and walk now. I knew this trip was going to be different, I guess I haven't really prepared myself for HOW different it was going to be, and that it could be one of the last visits I have with my Pap. He's had an amazing life thus far, and has outlived, I think my dad said, all of the men in his family. All of my grandparents are now in their 80's now, and every visit that we can have with them is precious. I feel very blessed that I've been able to have this much of my life with them, and especially to have my children get to know all 4 of them.

Thanks in advance for thinking of us!

My prayers are with you! I know exactly how you feel. When I moved from WI to NC I really thought it was the last time I would see my 84 year old grandmother - she had had two strokes and wasn't doing all that well. It was so hard to leave her (I was always very close to her). That was 10 years ago. She died last spring and I feel so blessed to have had her in my life and every time I visited, especially after we moved, was treasured and won't soon be forgotten.

It's not easy seeing those you love age. {{{{{hugs}}}}}

Ann, I also know how hard it is to see a loved one deteriorate. My grandmother had alzheimers...and my other grandmother had cancer. The only thing to remember is that they will be in a much better place, and the suffering is gone. My prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. ((hugs))

What is "My Grandfather and My Family"?

"My Grandfather and My Family" is a cookbook that celebrates the memories, traditions, and recipes passed down through generations of families. It features a collection of family recipes and stories, making it a treasured keepsake for future generations.

Who wrote "My Grandfather and My Family"?

"My Grandfather and My Family" is written by Chef Angela, a Pampered Chef consultant and avid home cook. She was inspired to create this cookbook after years of cooking with her family and wanting to preserve their memories and recipes in one place.

Are the recipes in "My Grandfather and My Family" easy to follow?

Yes, the recipes in "My Grandfather and My Family" are designed to be simple and easy to follow, just like the ones passed down through generations of families. Each recipe includes clear instructions and helpful tips to ensure success in the kitchen.

Can I personalize "My Grandfather and My Family" with my own family's recipes?

Absolutely! "My Grandfather and My Family" includes blank pages for you to add your own family's recipes and stories. This allows you to create a truly personalized cookbook that reflects your family's unique traditions and flavors.

Is "My Grandfather and My Family" available for purchase through Pampered Chef?

Yes, "My Grandfather and My Family" can be purchased through your local Pampered Chef consultant or on our website. It also makes a great hostess gift for a Pampered Chef party or as a gift for a loved one who enjoys cooking and family traditions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennie4PC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • nikked
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chefa
  • crystalscookingnow