• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Let's Get the Party Started: Critiquing my Debut Plan

In summary, Melissa is having a chocolate event at her debut. There are two show times, 2:30 pm and 6:30 pm, and she is hoping for a firmer confirmation for 20 people at the 2:30 show and 20 people at the 6:30 show. She is planning to do a dessert at the 2:30 show and serve coffee at the 6:30 show. She is also setting up her computer room as the place to tally orders, talk about booking and recruiting, and tell each guest, that even though they are her friends and family, she is going to go by the book as though they were strangers.
PCMelissa
Gold Member
I would appreciate any input/suggestions/critique/praise :angel:

Here is my plan for my debut.... please let me know what you think, if you have any tips, if you think I should do something differently.

Grand Opening Friday February 29th. In the invite I say "There is an extra day in the month of February this year, why not spend it doing the things you love most? Hanging out with friends, shopping, and eating!

I am having two show times. 2:30 pm- I am going to push attendance with this one on my family, Aunts, Mom, Sis, and other friends who are home during this time of day. And 6:30 pm- I am going to push attendance on my friends and family who work to "stop by on their way home from work".

I am sending out the invites Wednesday. With a follow-up email on the 20th. I will make calls the week of 2/18 and 2/25 to get RSVPs. I will send a reminder email on 2/28. I am inviting 75 people. I am hoping for a firm confirmation for 20 at the 2:30 show and 20 at the 6:30 show.

I plan to make a dessert at the 2:30 show and serve coffee. I plan to do the veggie pizza recipe on the bar pan for the 6:30 show, with some other appetizers to go with and wine for the 6:30 show.

I am setting up my computer room (my house is small, so we will not be far away from the other guests) as the place to tally orders, talk about booking and recruiting. I am going to tell each guest, that even though they are my friends and family that I am going to go by the book as though they were strangers. Ask to book, ask to sell- EVERYONE, so I get used to hearing NO. haha.

I was also thinking of having the short recruiting DVD playing on my computer while we are going over stuff. I don't expect them to watch it, but might catch things here or there to grab their attention.

I am also thinking of entering this as two shows, if it works out ok as far as sales. This way it will go towards the 4 shows for the extra PC dollars.

Now lets hear from you Seasoned Consultants... what am I forgetting, what should I change/add? :D

Thank you Thank in advance for responses!

Sounds like you've done your homework & have planned alot! Hope your shows go well!! Let us know how it goes!!

Sound great to me!
You have givin this alot of thougt and sound very organized.
Personally I think the dvd is over kill, and would be distracting.
Two show? why not....

Good luck!

I am not "seasoned" ... yet... but I had my debut last month....

I taped the Host and Guest specials plus the recipes I used on the wall for all to see. It saved space and paper.

Oh, and be sure to also print out the flyer that tells about the Charter Host Gift (something I forgot to do) and hang that as well.

Good Luck :D

Sounds like you have a lot of it figured out. I'm not too sure about the DVD playing, they may not have time to watch enough of it at that point. Defidently talk about the opportunity in your shows.

Thanks everyone for your response and encouragement. I have thought a lot about it. I think I will do without the DVD. I certainly don't want to over do it, and I was never that sold on the idea anyhow. I just thought of this recently as an afterthought! Thanks again! I love this place. I am already getting so much info.

Melissa -

You have it wonderfully planned out - I have a very strong feeling you are going to be VERY successful in this business!!! Best of luck to you!!

Wow, thanks Doreen! :)

ChefTess, I really like the idea of hanging the fliers, and the charter gift... what is the charter gift anyhow? I didn't realize until recently that they offered that.

Great ideasI hope your show goes great! My grand opening is on the 16th this month also.
I am doing a Chocolate Extravaganza! I am making some really decadent desserts. Then I will demonstrate how to make truffle brownie cups.
Have you booked any other shows yet? A good idea is to give a gift to the 1st person to book with you. It worked for me (I had two people fighting for the 1st spot) Don't forget about the door prize slips. This is a great way to get everyone"s address and phone for leads. Just go to The Dollar Tree or something and get inexpensive prizes to start with. Just go all out for your grand opening, get excited about it! This is your big start. Make a bang. Everyone will see your excitement and want to know why. Maybe they will want to be a consultant as well. You will be a director before you know it!:chef:
Please let us know how it goes at your show.:p

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! You are going to do fantastic!!! Can I share your ideas with my two newest recruits?? I was going to suggest that they hold a grand opening but haven't gotten any details to them yet!!!
Good luck and just have fun!!!!

Fantastic Melissa! You are so well prepared! I wish I had done anywhere near tha preparation when I started out! Let us know how it turns out!

Jamie, of course please share! Thanks Sal! Gindot, good luck on yours as well, let us know how it goes!

1. What is "Let's Get the Party Started"?

"Let's Get the Party Started" is a program offered by Pampered Chef that helps individuals plan and host successful debut parties for their new business as a consultant. It provides training, tips, and resources to ensure a successful launch.

2. How do I sign up for "Let's Get the Party Started"?

To sign up for "Let's Get the Party Started", you must first become a Pampered Chef consultant. Once you have joined our team, you can access the program through your consultant account on our website.

3. What does the "Critiquing my Debut Plan" entail?

The "Critiquing my Debut Plan" feature of "Let's Get the Party Started" allows you to submit your debut party plan to our team of experienced consultants for feedback and suggestions. This helps you fine-tune your plan and ensure a successful party.

4. Is there a cost for participating in "Let's Get the Party Started"?

No, there is no additional cost for participating in "Let's Get the Party Started". It is included as part of your consultant membership with Pampered Chef.

5. How can I access the resources and training offered through "Let's Get the Party Started"?

Once you have signed up for "Let's Get the Party Started", you can access all the resources and training materials through your consultant account on our website. These include videos, guides, and tips from experienced consultants to help you plan and execute a successful debut party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alicia Denman
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
texaschef1
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • vegetarianwife