• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Goal for Conference Is......?????

I want to learn how to manage my time MUCH more wisely.I want to learn how to really impress upon my new consultants the importance of those first 30 days.In summary, the conversation revolved around the goal of making 3-4 connections at a conference to help take a business to a new level. The participants discussed their struggles with motivation and finding balance, as well as their desire to learn specific tactics for managing time, motivating team members, and impressing new consultants. They also expressed a desire to learn how to influence and motivate specific individuals within their teams.
Bill Faber
Gold Member
To make 3 or 4 connections which will enable me to take my business to an all new level.

Post conference I want to be able to consistently book 6-8 shows a month and start on the recruiting train. By making 3-4 connections I hope to learn what makes their business successful and in turn how they have been successful overcoming obstacles to booking and recruititing.

What are your goals for conference????

I am going to out of my box and target people with LOTS of ribbons. I am struggling with drive and motivation. I need to know from the people making this business work for them
1) what is the #1 thing they do for their business to stay consistent?
2) How do they find balance.
3) How do they keep their team motivated.

Last year I did much better talking to people but it seemed they were all new in their first few months and first NC. I know I gave out some good tips and they were grateful but I myself did not learn much.

I tend to be intimidated by the people with all the ribbons. Don't know why...

etteluap70PC said:
I am going to out of my box and target people with LOTS of ribbons. I am struggling with drive and motivation. I need to know from the people making this business work for them
1) what is the #1 thing they do for their business to stay consistent?
2) How do they find balance.
3) How do they keep their team motivated.

Last year I did much better talking to people but it seemed they were all new in their first few months and first NC. I know I gave out some good tips and they were grateful but I myself did not learn much.

I tend to be intimidated by the people with all the ribbons. Don't know why...

I'd make the questions more specific. How do you keep your team motivated? gets a vague answer. "Name one thing that you do to motivate a team member who isn't recruiting" would get you a much more useful answer.

BethCooks4U said:
I'd make the questions more specific. How do you keep your team motivated? gets a vague answer. "Name one thing that you do to motivate a team member who isn't recruiting" would get you a much more useful answer.

Thanks Beth... yes I am working on my questions. I know I need to be specific.

I want to learn . . . how to help my team members set and achieve goals.how to make sure my customers feel cared for and about.how to get more done in less time.anything I can.

Time is also an issue for me so I would like to ask people about their time management methods. For me, one of my biggest motivators to do well in my business is also what is holding me back .. my kids.

angel7581 said:
Time is also an issue for me so I would like to ask people about their time management methods. For me, one of my biggest motivators to do well in my business is also what is holding me back .. my kids.
I so hear you on the kids issue!

raebates said:
I want to learn . . .

how to help my team members set and achieve goals.

how to make sure my customers feel cared for and about.

how to get more done in less time.

anything I can.

Rae I really like this and is much what I am going for as well. I am just having a hard time with specific questions.

There is sooo much this year that I want to learn.

Not sure that I can learn it all at conference though.:rolleyes:

I want to know how to influence my one consultant in such a way that she realizes how great she really is, and that she can do whatever she sets her mind to. (lots of negativity around her, and it eats away at her self-esteem)

I want to learn how to motivate one consultant - who I dearly love - so that she maintains a consistent show schedule. How do I show her (in new ways) that consistency is key?

I want to learn how to manage my time MUCH more wisely.

I want to learn how to really impress upon my new consultants the importance of those first 30 days.

And on and on and on it goes.....

ChefBeckyD said:
I want to know how to influence my one consultant in such a way that she realizes how great she really is, and that she can do whatever she sets her mind to. (lots of negativity around her, and it eats away at her self-esteem)

I want to learn how to motivate one consultant - who I dearly love - so that she maintains a consistent show schedule. How do I show her (in new ways) that consistency is key?

I want to learn how to manage my time MUCH more wisely.

I want to learn how to really impress upon my new consultants the importance of those first 30 days.

And on and on and on it goes.....

Do we have the same team? Lol... The gals I work with are all so awesome but I am struggling with helping some of them "get it"

Paulette, I don't necessarily have specific questions this year. These goals are based on the workshops I'm attending.

raebates said:
Paulette, I don't necessarily have specific questions this year. These goals are based on the workshops I'm attending.

Mine too! :) I'm thankful that I can take workshops that address some of the things I really want to learn. I love my job - and the support given from TPC!

Love the focus!! I love the idea of how to make people feel like they too can become a successful consultant no matter what level!

At conference this year I will be going as an Upper Level Director (ULD) so on top of what I see here (which everyone can use no matter where they are in this business) I want to learn how to fit into the new role I have.

Once people under you promote, they become sort of their own little pod. The personal team I have left are people who are just hobbiest. So...I will be looking for new recruits to strengthen my personal team up again.

Goals are:

Strengthening my recruiting skills
More ways to book parties
How to best support my down line organization
How to "act like an Advanced Director" and how to start "acting like a Senior Director" because that is my next goal.

Thank you for starting this thread!

Mine probably can not be answered at conference. Mine needs a "Shrink"! My problem is that I am so afraid of myself and the possible negative results I may get from my actions. Self assurance is not a strong point of mine. And I procrastinate something fierce! When I have a boss to tell me what to do, I assume the result will be positive and I could out perform everyone around me and I do great at a full-time, bust your butt, job. I just assume I will fail if I listen to myself when I try it! So what is it that makes me so unsure of my own thoughts that I can not turn them into actions? My little tidbit on here is to remind myself that I can not get results without action. I have all sorts of great ideas and thoughts but man, I doubt the results ALL THE TIME so I do not do the action. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I could have been a contender if I had acted on all my thoughts! I scare myself! So what I need from conference this year is to hear all the failed attempts and to see that all those who have tried and failed are still alive and kicking!

pampered1224 said:
Mine probably can not be answered at conference. Mine needs a "Shrink"! My problem is that I am so afraid of myself and the possible negative results I may get from my actions. Self assurance is not a strong point of mine. And I procrastinate something fierce! When I have a boss to tell me what to do, I assume the result will be positive and I could out perform everyone around me and I do great at a full-time, bust your butt, job. I just assume I will fail if I listen to myself when I try it! So what is it that makes me so unsure of my own thoughts that I can not turn them into actions? My little tidbit on here is to remind myself that I can not get results without action. I have all sorts of great ideas and thoughts but man, I doubt the results ALL THE TIME so I do not do the action. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! I could have been a contender if I had acted on all my thoughts! I scare myself! So what I need from conference this year is to hear all the failed attempts and to see that all those who have tried and failed are still alive and kicking!

Ahhhh.... get out of my head! LOL... But yes I am also my own worst enemy. I prevent myself from succeeding. I need to stop. I need to believe in myself and just do it!

pampered1224 said:

You know your probably not alone in this in so many ways....... Because I know that is me in so many ways as well. I am someone who hates and I mean HATES the phone. I want to succeed but do not want to use the phone. So when I am not working my business I wonder why I cant do more parties. When I do break down and use the phone I get so discouraged that after two or three calls I give up. I then become a HUGE procrastinator and dont go back to the phone. I do ok for what I am doing, but I could do SO much better and want to do so much better. I want to take my business to the next level. SO we need to do that. I dont want someone to TELL ME TO DO IT, but I would LOVE to have someone THERE TO CHEER ME ON!!!!!:)

Sounds like the three of you need to pay close attention to this year's guest speakers and their Go for NO! message. If you check out their website it's all about concentrating on effort and overall results instead of individual results. When you're focused on the big picture it's easier to accept those "no" responses as simply a part of the process.

raebates said:
Sounds like the three of you need to pay close attention to this year's guest speakers and their Go for NO! message. If you check out their website it's all about concentrating on effort and overall results instead of individual results. When you're focused on the big picture it's easier to accept those "no" responses as simply a part of the process.

Make that four (at least), because everything John, Paulette, and Bill have said is exactly the way I feel, as well. Maybe, guys, when we return from NC we form a support group! Heck, why not start today? I have one show on the calendar for this month, and nothing else for the rest of the year!! Who's willing to do a mini booking blitz with me today?

pampchefsarah said:
Make that four (at least), because everything John, Paulette, and Bill have said is exactly the way I feel, as well. Maybe, guys, when we return from NC we form a support group! Heck, why not start today? I have one show on the calendar for this month, and nothing else for the rest of the year!! Who's willing to do a mini booking blitz with me today?

This is such a great idea! You could be on the computer while you are on the phone, all at the same time, in a chat room to cheer each other on! I know when I sign up I would want to do something like that.

There are some free ways to do this, like windows messenger, Twiddla.com, or vyew.com. It will take a couple of phone calls or emails to get it set up. I like vyew because it has more "how-to" info when you first "enter a session"
Based on my experience in class (collaborating with other students for homework), it is best to 1)go to the site on your own ahead of time to check it out and 2) allow 15 min at the start of the first session to be on the phone to each other and make sure everyone knows where to post their chat, etc.
There are lots of advanced features in the site, but you don't have to use them all, just room to encourage and push each other.

http://vyew.com/site/index3

I found a great thing in the files last night about 100 no's. It's a great way to look at the effects of "no."
(I know it's easy to say positive things when you are feeling positive, but when I am feeling negative, I try to act "as if" and I often can convince myself of the positive stuff, just as I can the negative stuff.)

Marghi

I would love to get involved in a group. Unfortunately today is NOT the day for me to do a booking blitz as it is my last chance to go get the remaining things for conference and get the grocery shopping done without having to take along 3 little kids, which is never fun. Due to a heat advisory I would much prefer to stay home and make phone calls, but my husband has to be gone the rest of the week so that he can work from home next week for me to go to conference.

I would love to do a booking blitz. What about during the time the company has set up for us? We will return home, full of excitement in our voice. We should have news to share and be ready to be focused. I would join a group then. (Note: My voice is just not cheery now, as I'm having troubles with my wisdom teeth surgery)

What Bill, John & Paulette is what I am feeling also. Trying to build my business back up after a illness and I am just not motivated and really have self doubt. I have done it before & know I can do it again. I have a booth at a fair Wednesday-Saturday. Hopefully I can get some bookings from it. Really looking to get conference to motivate me espcially since I couldn't attend last year.

Ann

lockhartkitchen said:
I would love to do a booking blitz. What about during the time the company has set up for us? We will return home, full of excitement in our voice. We should have news to share and be ready to be focused. I would join a group then. (Note: My voice is just not cheery now, as I'm having troubles with my wisdom teeth surgery)

John and I have a personal goal for one additional booking before conference. So if anyone else is up to that challenge please voice your intent. It is the small steps that enable us to get where we want to go.

I get FrankinCovey's GO quote of the week. This week's seemed appropriate to share right here.
"A part-time effort, a sorta-kinda commitment, an untested promise, won't suffice. You must know that you mean business; that you're going to jump into it up to your eye sockets and not turn back at the last minute." ~Gregg Levoy

Bill's right and do it as a catalog party when you are at conference! I just looked at the BINGO! form we need to take with us for some drawing and it says to do that as one of the boxes! Third box down under O! I currently have three and do want that catalog party so I am calling a couple of people tonight.
And I too do not have time to do a Blitz thing at all this week! Wish me luck I actually have TWO face to FACE interviews Wednesday and Thursday!! I AM SCARED TO DEATH as I have not interviewed for a job in, get this, 17 years!!!

Bill Faber said:
John and I have a personal goal for one additional booking before conference. So if anyone else is up to that challenge please voice your intent. It is the small steps that enable us to get where we want to go.
I challenged myself and a team member this too... Of course I made the challenge last Monday and have done nothing about it... Ugh I need to snap out of it!

I always give myself a goal of meeting someone while I'm traveling to Chicago and get them to book a catalog show. I always bring one packet with me in my carry-on. It's a great personal challenge to get yourself "out of your comfy box".

Ok, guys, I ended up having a WAY busier day than I planned, so absolutely no time to make calls.

Julie, to answer your question - if we wait until we RETURN from Conference, we're losing almost TWO WEEKS of opportunity to book shows. I have no idea what your calendar looks like, and I hope it's much better than my empty one, but mine is very empty. I'd love to have a couple of shows waiting for me when I get home, instead of feeling pressured to book those dates at the last minute. Of course, I do have the advantage of having a couple of people who said they want to hold shows, so I really only need to firm up the dates.

John, I love the idea of catalog show during conference, and I really hope I can get that set up! If I don't make calls, though, it won't happen, right? So, no excuses, I have to make calls tomorrow until I at least get that in place.

Marghi, I love your ideas, and will look at the link you posted. Since you've had some experience with it, do you think you'd be interested in getting us set up? Maybe we could use it during HO's Booking Challenge when we return.

pampered1224 said:
Bill's right and do it as a catalog party when you are at conference! I just looked at the BINGO! form we need to take with us for some drawing and it says to do that as one of the boxes! Third box down under O! I currently have three and do want that catalog party so I am calling a couple of people tonight.
And I too do not have time to do a Blitz thing at all this week! Wish me luck I actually have TWO face to FACE interviews Wednesday and Thursday!! I AM SCARED TO DEATH as I have not interviewed for a job in, get this, 17 years!!!

Good luck, John!

pampchefsarah said:
Marghi, I love your ideas, and will look at the link you posted. Since you've had some experience with it, do you think you'd be interested in getting us set up? Maybe we could use it during HO's Booking Challenge when we return.

I'll try to work something up with some intro guidelines and a link to "room" in cyberspace for you to meet, and post it here. Maybe tonight, more likely tomorrow night.

I have had "some" experience, not a lot, so I can give you a little leg up. Meanwhile, this is a link to a video I make for school about Twiddla!--there is sound and subtitles. That particular site is Twiddla.com

YouTube - Using the Twiddla! workspace

Marghi

pampchefsarah said:

Sarah, Check out my thread, Using vyew for online meetings...includes a link to a virtual meeting space I made for you called Cheffers Chatspace, and a .doc telling ppl how to use it, but the site has a great tutorial, too.

its free (love free!) and pretty user friendly. You don't need to download anything.

Have a great time at the conference, and come home ready to set the world on fire!

Marghi

1. What is the purpose of attending a conference for your business?

The purpose of attending a conference for my business is to make connections with other professionals in my industry, learn from their success and strategies, and gain knowledge and insights that will help me take my business to the next level.

2. How many connections do you hope to make at the conference?

I hope to make 3-4 connections at the conference. These connections will be key individuals who can provide valuable insight and advice on how to improve my business and reach my goals.

3. What are your specific goals for post-conference?

Post-conference, my specific goals include consistently booking 6-8 shows per month and starting on the recruiting process. I believe that by making these connections and learning from successful individuals, I will be able to overcome any obstacles to booking and recruiting and achieve my goals.

4. How do you plan on utilizing the connections you make at the conference?

I plan on utilizing the connections I make at the conference by staying in touch with them, seeking their advice and guidance, and potentially collaborating with them in the future. By maintaining these connections, I hope to continue learning and growing my business.

5. What do you hope to learn from the successful individuals you connect with at the conference?

I hope to learn their strategies for success, how they have overcome obstacles in their business, and any tips or advice they have for achieving my goals. I am also interested in learning about their experiences with booking and recruiting and how they have been successful in these areas.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• sherri lynn
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
liljen19
  • ChefCKHall
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Melissa78
  • ChefCKHall