• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why Does Our Baby Look Like That? Funny Ultrasound Pictures!

In summary, the conversation is about the excitement surrounding Jennifer's pregnancy and the first ultrasound pictures of her baby. Some members of the group have already had ultrasounds and others are looking forward to getting them. Jennifer is considering doing a 3D or 4D ultrasound, but is unsure about it. They also discuss potential names for the baby and share their own experiences with ultrasounds.
jrstephens
We had them done yesterday. Everything is going great. Due date May 17th. Luke wants to know why the baby looks like that!!! He was so funny about the pics!:D

scan0001.jpg

scan0002.jpg

scan0003.jpg

Awwww......it's so cute! It totally has your eyes :)

I thought the iPod was supposed to be the Ultra in Sound.

Wow, you have US pics early! They don't do them until 16-20 weeks around here. Congratulations again!

Janet, I don't know for sure, but Jennifer probably has these pics because she had that bleeding a while back and they are probably monitoring her! I had ultrasounds with my daughter early! And I must have had 10 -15 total~!!

Jennifer that is so exciting! There is just nothing like those first pictures of your baby - and seeing the heart actually beating!:love: :love:

I had my first ultrasound at 7 weeks.....(because of spotting) and then routinely after that because of a combination of pregnancy complications, and my "Advanced Maternal Age" :)grumpy: after a while, I forbid my OB to say that in my presence!). Had my last one 4 days before Micah was born.

wow, congratulations I had a ultrasound around 6 weeks to date the pregnancy but then again at 21 weeks then again at like 30 weeks.
Are you going to do one of the 3d/4d ultrasounds when you are farther along, your son would probably love to see one of those!

Congratulations!! How exciting!! I'm so happy to hear that everything is going well for you and baby!!

With my first, I had only one u/s. :(
With my second, I had more b/c of problems & then we did the 3D/4D u/s around 30 weeks. It was so cool!
With my third, I had several as well b/c of problems, but we didn't do the 3D/4D with him.

They are so exciting to see. Congrats, Jennifer!

Jennifer...thank you for sharing those with us. Congrats.

My doctor always does one the first visit and then at 18-20 weeks to see the sex of the baby. But I know too they did it this time to make sure everything was ok from my bleeding a few weeks ago.

I do not think I want to do the 4D one. That just seems wierd to me (NO OFFENSE to those that do them). The ones I have seen do show more but it still looks funny. Of course when the time gets here I may change my mind, but right now I do not think I will do it. I guess I am a little old fashion in that way.

Becky, we are thinking about Micah Cole as a boy name right now. Lukes wants Noah.

Girl name will be Heather Callie and call her Callie.

jrstephens said:
I do not think I want to do the 4D one. That just seems wierd to me (NO OFFENSE to those that do them). The ones I have seen do show more but it still looks funny. Of course when the time gets here I may change my mind, but right now I do not think I will do it. I guess I am a little old fashion in that way.

They are kind of weird now that you mention it I have only seen one of my friends, she called her baby kermie while she was still pregnant because he looked like a frog to her in the 4d US I never had one done since they are not medically necsisary and they are exspensive. But I would probably of had one done just so I can see it but i live in Japan and it would be double the price and that would be if I could find a place to do one.

Ok, now I'm getting baby fever just a little bit. My son is almost 17 months old. He was born May 13th. That's a good month to have a baby because you don't have to go through all the hot summer months. I called him my little peanut when I was pregnant with him. Best of Luck to you.

jrstephens said:
My doctor always does one the first visit and then at 18-20 weeks to see the sex of the baby. But I know too they did it this time to make sure everything was ok from my bleeding a few weeks ago.

Becky, we are thinking about Micah Cole as a boy name right now. Lukes wants Noah.

that is an awesome name :D lol

good to here everything is going well

jrstephens said:

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about your bleeding! Glad you and baby are o.k. so far. My SIL/brother just lost their baby this past Friday - no heartbeat. :cry: so I'm so glad your are still healthy. Take VERY good care of yourself and don't overdo it in anything!

Jennifer~

Glad to see that everything is going well since your bleeding!

Thanks for sharing the pics!

U/S PicsWow I love those weird alien pics! Even if I can never remember which side is up or where the head is, I love them. It's so exciting! Congrats again Jennifer! I am so happy for you! You will be in my prayers through this pregnancy.

Got any cravings yet?

How about mood swings?

Still have your old maternity clothes in the garage?

It's so much fun being pregnant. I can't wait to get pregnant with baby #6 in another 18 months!!

Debbie :D

jrstephens said:

OK-I am by no means telling you what to do, but I have an opinion on the girls name (you know what they say about opinions, right?;) )
I have several friends whose name that they are called is their middle name. They have told me that they really wished their parents had given them that name as their first name-it seems to cause trouble at school and when you get married and for all kinds of legal documents! Callie Heather is pretty too!

Keep up the good work with growing that baby! Take care of yourself!

chefmeg said:
OK-I am by no means telling you what to do, but I have an opinion on the girls name (you know what they say about opinions, right?;) )
I have several friends whose name that they are called is their middle name. They have told me that they really wished their parents had given them that name as their first name-it seems to cause trouble at school and when you get married and for all kinds of legal documents! Callie Heather is pretty too!

I had the same thought, I see it a lot at work and it is tough because when I am looking someone up in the directory, I think it is a different person because they email address has their actual first name listed... But either way, it is a beautiful name!

chefmeg said:

Thanks for the thoughts. My son goes by his middle name, so, we really do not mind that.

Thanks for the opinion though - they are always welcomed!:D

Congrats Jennifer! Oh and I love the Name Heather!! ;) I really like Callie too! And Michah!!
We are waiting to find out if i am pregos or not, I want to be.. Everytime we see a baby, we both say, WE got to get one of those!! Haha~!

DebbieSAChef said:
Got any cravings yet? I have had certain thing I want to eat at the time but not any long lasting over and over the same things yet. I craved Taco Bell and McDonald's fries with Luke (not so great when they took my salt away, ha! The thing I have wanted the most this time is red hot sausages. I keep telling my husband I need Red Lobster, haha! which is 90 miles away for us

How about mood swings? Depends on who you ask! ha!!! I do know I have had my moments

Still have your old maternity clothes in the garage? I did keep them all. Luke was born in July, so, I need to add some more winter clothes to them. I got a few at a consignment shop the other day. Russell has to get them down for me this weekend b/c although I have not put on weight yet I am shifting and a lot of my pants are not fitting to well

It's so much fun being pregnant. I can't wait to get pregnant with baby #6 in another 18 months!! Wheww and I worry about taking care of two kids! :D My brother has 5 boys.

Debbie :D

So far I have felt ver queasy a lot but have only gotten sick twice. I am glad for that I was sick all day every day with Luke. But then sometimes I would rather just get it over with, ha!

feather18 said:
Congrats Jennifer! Oh and I love the Name Heather!! ;) I really like Callie too! And Michah!!
We are waiting to find out if i am pregos or not, I want to be.. Everytime we see a baby, we both say, WE got to get one of those!! Haha~!

Well, let us know when you are!

Thats great Jennifer .. my first US was when I was 8weeks also and my daughter and the sac looked like pacman!

crystalscookingnow said:
With my first, I had only one u/s. :(
With my second, I had more b/c of problems & then we did the 3D/4D u/s around 30 weeks. It was so cool!
With my third, I had several as well b/c of problems, but we didn't do the 3D/4D with him.

They are so exciting to see. Congrats, Jennifer!

First of all.. CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!

Now about U/S...

With my first uncomplicated pregnancy, they did 2 U/S. (good insurance)

With my 2nd (heavy bleeding, thought we lost him) they did ONE !!... cord almost disconnected, not sure how much oxygen he wasn't getting and for how long... and it was done at 3 months just to see if we lost him... no more to check developement... (only major medical insurance.. not real good for pregnancy.)

Last one they did 5 U/S ... advanced maternal age... and I only gained 7 pounds (but I was losing MY weight so it balanced out :D ) We had GREAT insurance.

I can see how much the insurance plays into the Ultrasounds. My most troubled and worrisome pregnancy only got one U/S because of the insurance. I am sure it was the insurance because I had the same doctor and the first and second pregnancy were only 16 months apart. The last was 12 years later.... therefore advanced maternal age played into that one......

Last edited:
Im PREGNANT!!!!, not to steal this thread!! I took 2 tests. and POSITIVE!

feather18 said:
Im PREGNANT!!!!, not to steal this thread!! I took 2 tests. and POSITIVE!

CONGRATULATIONS.

Congrats Jennifer on your new little "jelly bean"!!!!

What are ultrasound pictures and why are they important?

Ultrasound pictures, also known as sonograms, are images created using high-frequency sound waves to produce a visual representation of the inside of the body. They are important because they allow healthcare professionals to monitor the health and development of a fetus during pregnancy.

When is the best time to get my first ultrasound picture?

The best time to get your first ultrasound picture is around 8-12 weeks of pregnancy. This is when the baby's body is developed enough to be seen clearly on the ultrasound, but small enough to fit on one image.

Can I choose the type of ultrasound I want for my first ultrasound picture?

Yes, you can choose between a traditional 2D ultrasound, which shows a flat image of the baby, or a 3D/4D ultrasound, which creates a more realistic, three-dimensional image. Keep in mind that not all healthcare providers offer 3D/4D ultrasounds.

Do I need to prepare for my first ultrasound picture?

In most cases, you do not need to prepare for your first ultrasound picture. However, it is recommended to drink plenty of water before the appointment to ensure a clear image and avoid using the restroom during the ultrasound.

Can I get a printed or digital copy of my first ultrasound picture?

Yes, many healthcare providers offer the option to purchase a printed or digital copy of your first ultrasound picture. You can also ask for a physical copy to take home with you after the appointment.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Bren706
  • kristina16marie
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah
  • cajunchelle
  • General Chat
Replies