• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming a Doozy of a Demo - A Tale of Hope

In summary, the hostess had a great show despite the late arrival of guests and her son getting in a car accident. She learned to roll with the punches and has another show planned for the future.
barbchan
What a bummer! Actually, it was quite laughable. I was hosting it and there were more people than I expected which was good. Many of them brought their children but it was my child who is 4 that drove me nuts. I was managing ok at first and then a late comer came in and announced the tornado warning! :eek: That was about 10 minutes into my demo. The rest of the time was spent trying to hurry up finish my demo in the midst of chaos while people kept worrying about the weather and coudln't wait to get home.
I finally just ended it by giving out the prize drawing slips and sending them on their way. The show lasted all of 45 minutes and I only had one order! :( I was feeling really down but one of the ladies came back because she was afraid to drive in the storm and so she placed an order while waiting for it to blow over.
As I looked at the drawing slips I saw that two ladies checked yes for booking a show, one checked maybe for recruting, and another checked maybe for having a show! So, all is not lost.
Guess it's time for making some phone calls! :eek:

Guess I'd like to say, for all you who are just starting, like me, that the first time may be a doozy but you will get through it. :D

Isn't it great that we only have ONE "first" show?!?!?!? :p

Make sure you follow up with your leads and get those shows booked! Sounds like even with the craziness going on it will still be a success for you!

barbchan said:
What a bummer! Actually, it was quite laughable. I was hosting it and there were more people than I expected which was good. Many of them brought their children but it was my child who is 4 that drove me nuts. I was managing ok at first and then a late comer came in and announced the tornado warning! :eek: That was about 10 minutes into my demo. The rest of the time was spent trying to hurry up finish my demo in the midst of chaos while people kept worrying about the weather and coudln't wait to get home.
I finally just ended it by giving out the prize drawing slips and sending them on their way. The show lasted all of 45 minutes and I only had one order! :( I was feeling really down but one of the ladies came back because she was afraid to drive in the storm and so she placed an order while waiting for it to blow over.
As I looked at the drawing slips I saw that two ladies checked yes for booking a show, one checked maybe for recruting, and another checked maybe for having a show! So, all is not lost.
Guess it's time for making some phone calls! :eek:

Guess I'd like to say, for all you who are just starting, like me, that the first time may be a doozy but you will get through it. :D

Barbara,
Be sure to call each and every guest that was there, and let them know
(1) You enjoyed having them and were sorry that the weather put a sudden end to your party.

(2) That you are not going to close the party until the end of the week, so if there is anything she may like to order, to let you know so she can take advantage of the $4 shipping and guest specials!

(3) Is she someone who might like to think about having her own catalog/web or cooking show in the future.... That the hostess specials are really great for April, May and June!

Good luck! Sounds very eventful. Let us know how the orders come in.
:)

I know what you mean!It wasn't a tornado, but I had a crazy show that made me feel strange and frazzled last fall. About 20 minutes into the show, the host got word that her son had been in a car accident! It was mad chaos, pretty much everyone left at once. Didn't get any bookings, but the host said she did want to have another show again, hopefully without the drama. Her son was okay though! Just teaches you to roll with the punches! Everything is a learning experience:)

Sounds like you had a GREAT show!!!!! Congratulations!!!!

What is "Overcoming a Doozy of a Demo - A Tale of Hope"?

"Overcoming a Doozy of a Demo - A Tale of Hope" is a training program offered by Pampered Chef that provides tips and strategies on how to handle difficult or challenging product demonstrations.

Who is this training program designed for?

This training program is designed for all Pampered Chef consultants who want to improve their presentation skills and overcome obstacles during product demonstrations.

What can I expect to learn from this training program?

Through this training program, you will learn how to handle unexpected situations during demos, engage your audience, and effectively present the benefits of Pampered Chef products.

How long is the training program?

The training program "Overcoming a Doozy of a Demo - A Tale of Hope" is approximately 1 hour long.

Is this training program available online or in-person?

This training program is available both online and in-person. You can choose the option that best fits your schedule and learning preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• JennyJennJen
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
legacypc46
  • Tara1021
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies