• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Overcoming Pampered Chef Challenges: A Pampered Chef Junkie's Journey

In summary, the conversation revolved around a new consultant struggling with remembering product names and basic information, and seeking help and advice from more experienced consultants. They discussed using a notebook and practicing to improve, as well as sharing recipes that use lots of products and can be made with the starter kit. They also discussed embracing mistakes and imperfections, as well as reminding guests that it's okay to make mistakes.
pckellyd
Gold Member
12 guests, 575 in sales, 3 bookings, 1 potential recruit... I thank got for PC junkies, because I felt completely out of it!!I kept forgetting names of products, forgot some of the most basic pieces of info, like no soap on a stone. I've done direct sales before and NEVER had the problems I had on Saturday. HELP before my next show I need to have better control and a better plan. I've done the online trainings, gone to a cooknbook, talked to my director and my recruiter, but I feel like I just can't get it together! I've been using pc products for almost 10 years... I LOVE the products... I do NOT love the new consultant recipes that we got with our kits. We made the quiche lorraine tartlets... not loving them!

I would like some recipes that use lots of products, definately use the stone ware, I have lg bar pan, md and lg rd, bundt pan, square. I have a few others... but those are the main ones.

The only cookware, sa, and knives i have so far are the ones that come with the kit. I plan on getting more with PC $$ once i qualify.

You sound like me!! I kept basic notes in a notebook & just kept it at shows w/ me. I would skim through it while everyone was trying out recipes & mention anything that I had forgot.

For me though, it was practice.. The more shows I did, the more I remembered!!

My favorite recipe is the 3 Cheese Garden Pizza.. I still do it sometimes b/c it's so yummy, easy, & uses lots of products. You should have got the recipe w/ your starter kit! Good luck!

I'm new too and like you I forget the names of products. I thought about embrassing it rather than being ashamed of myself with a "new consultant" version of the ticket game. Any time someone corrects me, they get a ticket and the one with the most gets a prize. We're all new at one point and we all learn and get better and I think most guests understand that. :)

The last two recipes of every section of every Season's Best cookbook can be done with only the tools that come in your kit! Not sure if you knew that, but that means 2 appetizer, 2 main dish, and 2 dessert recipes from each SB are new consultant recipes! You can check them all out online on CC!

Oh - and I've been doing this for over 6 years now, and I still forget the names of products!:eek:

I was using a handy scraper at my last show, and someone asked me what it was called so that they could look it up in the catalog. I stared at it, and then stared at her blankly, and said "Oh, this thingy? I just call it my scraper thingy!":blushing:

ChefBeckyD said:
The last two recipes of every section of every Season's Best cookbook can be done with only the tools that come in your kit! Not sure if you knew that, but that means 2 appetizer, 2 main dish, and 2 dessert recipes from each SB are new consultant recipes! You can check them all out online on CC!

Oh - and I've been doing this for over 6 years now, and I still forget the names of products!:eek:

I was using a handy scraper at my last show, and someone asked me what it was called so that they could look it up in the catalog. I stared at it, and then stared at her blankly, and said "Oh, this thingy? I just call it my scraper thingy!":blushing:

Too funny! See? We ALL do the same stuff! Even the veterans of PC selling!

I agree with what the others have said...it comes with practice and saying the stuff outloud. Even when you are practicing at home or in your car, be sure to actually speak outloud and it helps you to retain the knowledge!

I made the Aloha Pizza at a show on Friday night and everyone loved it. It was very simple and you could easily do it with products from your kit. As for the nerve factor, just remind your guests (and yourself!) that they call it the Pampered Chef because it's NOT the Perfect Chef. Remember that if you make it look too "smooth," you might intimidate others...showing them that it's OK to make minor mistakes here and there gives people the confidence to think that maybe they can do this job, too.

sklay723 said:
I made the Aloha Pizza at a show on Friday night and everyone loved it. It was very simple and you could easily do it with products from your kit. As for the nerve factor, just remind your guests (and yourself!) that they call it the Pampered Chef because it's NOT the Perfect Chef. Remember that if you make it look too "smooth," you might intimidate others...showing them that it's OK to make minor mistakes here and there gives people the confidence to think that maybe they can do this job, too.

Yum! I love the Aloha Pizza - and it will make people think warmer weather...which seems to be a loooonnnggg way away around here.

At my first show, I skipped a whole line in the directions on the recipe. I had even practiced before the show LOL! I was a bit embarassed, but I played it off like goofy me, and added it at the end. It was the Warm Caramel Nutty Brownies, and I forgot to add the brown sugar to the top before baking. I also took them out of the oven a little too soon, so they were really really gooey. They were the best brownies I ever made. I was so sad to leave the remainder of the brownies at her house. I wanted to hoard them all myself.

I also had problems remembering stuff, but thats ok, just like someone else mentioned, we are Pampered Chefs, not the Perfect Chefs.

1. How do I stay motivated when facing challenges as a Pampered Chef consultant?

As a Pampered Chef Junkie, I understand that facing challenges can be discouraging. One way to stay motivated is to focus on your "why" - why did you become a consultant in the first place? Remind yourself of your goals and the reasons why you are passionate about this business. Another tip is to surround yourself with a supportive community of other consultants who can offer advice and encouragement.

2. How do I handle rejection and setbacks in my Pampered Chef business?

Rejection and setbacks are inevitable in any business, but it's important to not take them personally. Instead, use them as learning opportunities and reflect on what you can improve for next time. Remember, every no brings you closer to a yes. It's also helpful to have a positive mindset and focus on the successes you have had rather than dwelling on the failures.

3. What are some common obstacles that new Pampered Chef consultants face?

Some common obstacles for new consultants include learning the products and their uses, building a customer base, and understanding the compensation plan. It's important to take advantage of training and resources provided by Pampered Chef to overcome these challenges. Also, don't be afraid to reach out to your upline or fellow consultants for guidance and support.

4. How can I effectively manage my time as a Pampered Chef consultant?

Time management is crucial for success as a Pampered Chef consultant. One tip is to set specific goals and prioritize tasks accordingly. Utilize tools such as a planner or calendar to keep track of important events and deadlines. It's also important to set boundaries and schedule time for both your business and personal life.

5. What are some tips for overcoming sales slumps in my Pampered Chef business?

Sales slumps can happen to anyone, but there are ways to overcome them. One strategy is to switch up your marketing and try new methods to reach potential customers. Additionally, focus on promoting seasonal and trending products. It may also be helpful to evaluate your target audience and adjust your approach accordingly. Finally, don't forget to ask for referrals from satisfied customers to expand your network.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Clare Foxcroft
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Clare Foxcroft
Replies
Views
janezapchef
  • Rapunzil
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies