• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Hosting Woes: My First Cooking Show Follow-Up and Guest List Dilemma

In summary, Susie Lite (who is a VP at HO) said that host coaching is when you make your money, the show is when you go pick it up. I wish I could reach her by phone, I have tried 3 times now including the once I have tried today. She said email was better for her because being a nurse she is either at work or sleeping when she is not working. And at work she can do email. So I am torn, but I will be calling and emailing her tomorrow night if she doesn't get back to me...and next time I will just ask what time I can call my hosts, not more email!!!! If you told her you didn't need the
pc_jessica
so i had my very first cooking shows last week. at my first one which was hosted by aunt, one of her guests said she would book a show. we set the date for the 27th. i gave her a host packet and explained everything, and she seemed super excited! i asked if she would rather be contacted by email or phone and she said email was easier for her, she coudl reply at work and such. okay, so i emailed her 2 days after the show she booked off, and just again thanked her and attached some recipes for her to look at (she wants to do a chocolate theme party), and then reminded her i needed her guest list (i have decided i am going to mail out all invites for my hosts),by tomorrow (the 18th). well i have not heard back from her yet! no email no phone call, so then i called her twice now and just got her voicemail and she hasn't returned my calls, so i have emailed her again and no response! i'm getting kinda worried, she works with my aunt and my aunt said she is at work and seems excited about her party still. but somehow in the back of my mind i feel like im being stood up for a date lol

Maybe she thought she had until the 18th to get the list too you. As it is so close in, wait until tomorrow and see what happens. E-mail her agin tomorrow and ask if she is planniong on havign you send the invites. Some people I have dealt with totally will by pass my instructions on that anf go ahead an invite people either by word of mouth or e-mail on their own. Some folks really do want to give out their friends addresses. Privacy issues. You have to respect that.
Say something like: "Oh NAME HERE, I just wanted to mention that we are 9 days away from your party date! I really want to help you get all the stuff you want from The Pampered Chef. In order to do that, we need to get your guest list in order and invites mailed today or tomorrow. As I mentioned, let me have your guest list with addresses today so I can get the invites out and we can be assured of a great party for you!" HTH!

thanks, maybe she did think i meant tomorrow is when i wanted them. well i will email her tomorrow if i haven't heard anything. im just getting a little paranoid lol thanks for your suggestions!

oh and Pampered1224 (John) can i just say i just seen your best show total and i will definitely be taking your advice!!!!

The majority of host coaching should be done via phone. Next time ask what is the best time to reach them by phone so you can go over details for their party. I would not try to do all my host coaching via email.Susie Lite (who is a VP at HO) once said that host coaching is when you make your money, the show is when you go pick it up.

i wish i could reach her by phone, i have tried 3 times now inlcuding the once i have tried today. she said email was better for her because being a nurse she is either at work or sleeping when she is not working. and at work she can do email. so i am torn, but i will be calling and emailing her tomorrow night if she doesn't get back to me...and next time i will just ask what time i can call my hosts, not more email!!!!

If you told her you didn't need the list til tomorrow than you may very well still get it. I know if it was me, I wouldn't be working on it til tonight. It is our job to follow up with them and a lot of time hosts aren't always the best at returning phone calls, but you also don't want to bombard her if she thinks she has til tomorrow to get the list to you. I had a consultant with another company call me constantly for something ( I don't even remember now) and it really irritated me.

Our daughter is a night shift nurse. Communicating with her is difficult at best. She is
in a fog until about 6PM, and then has to head back to work about 10PM. They don't have much of a life, and probably does not realize how important this is to you.

When you talk with her, suggest that she take the catalog to work and let the girls who cannot come, browse and place an order. After all, they could get a FREE cookbook, and that is incentive to look. Our daughter only got about 6 people to come to her one party, but collected close to 25 orders. She outfitted her kitchen royally.

UPDATE: yay she called me!!! she apologized for not returning my calls or emails said that work has been crazy and she worked doubles all weekend!!!!! she has been working on her list and will be finishing it tonight and emailing it to me tomorrow!!!!!! yippee i am not being stood up...yet lol

Jessica, that's great! Best of luck!

1. What is "My First Host Problem"?

"My First Host Problem" is a program designed by Pampered Chef to help first-time hosts have a successful and stress-free party experience. It includes helpful tips, resources, and rewards for hosting a party with us.

2. How do I become eligible for "My First Host Problem"?

Any first-time host who books a party with Pampered Chef is automatically enrolled in "My First Host Problem". There is no additional cost or sign-up required.

3. What kind of rewards can I earn through "My First Host Problem"?

As a first-time host, you can earn exclusive rewards such as free products, discounted items, and special host bonuses. These rewards are based on the total sales from your party.

4. Can I participate in "My First Host Problem" if I have hosted a Pampered Chef party before?

Unfortunately, "My First Host Problem" is only available to first-time hosts. However, we have other exciting rewards and benefits for returning hosts, so be sure to ask your consultant for more information.

5. How can I access the resources and tips included in "My First Host Problem"?

Once you have booked a party with Pampered Chef, your consultant will provide you with a link to access the "My First Host Problem" resources. You can also find these resources on our website under the "Host" tab.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Suzyengl
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • amuia
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies