• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Fundraiser

Jan 6, 2006
I posted on here a month or so ago getting ideas about doing this. Well we had the show on the 23rd of Feb. and it was great fun!
It was for my niece, she is a triathalete doing a fund raiser for the Leukemia/Lymphoma Society in honor of a friend of hers.
The show was right near $800, but here's the thing neither of us planned on. People were not only ordering from her show, but wrote checks for her as well, in addition to ordering!

So she probably raised nearly $300 that night.

Just wanted to share. And so you all know that this may be something you want to look in to. The organazation is Team in Training, and they train for a big race in California this year, and do the fund raiser as payment for the training.

Kris

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Congratulations! I just had my first fundraiser, its still going on, so we'll see!

Jayne

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
Congratulations!! I have actually contacted a family that is trying to raise money for a girl that needs stem cell surgery (Not done in the U.S.) She has to go to Europe and the travel cost and surgery will be somewhere around $100,000.00. She was in a ATV accident about 4 years ago. My family is really big into ATV stuff so I thought I could help. Have not heard back from them yet!! :rolleyes:

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
Make sure that family is set up so that PC will honor the fundraiser. I read in the rules that PC will only send the check to an organization.

Jayne

Gold Member
Feb 4, 2006
Thanks for the advise! I actually wondered about that myself....I got on the web and it is called the Sarah Clay Recovery Fund. I am assuming b/c it's advertised on the radio that its set up, but I will definitely check it out!! Thanks again! You guys are all so helpful!! :)

Ginger428

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2006
I'm about to do my first Fund Raiser. Just wondering, when people order items,where do they get sent to, the place where we are having it or to the individual homes? Thanks, Ginger

AJPratt

Legend Member
Silver Member
Oct 11, 2005
It goes to the chairperson's home, or they can pay extra for delivery to their home.

Kathytnt

Feb 27, 2006
Hi Kris - Is you niece involved in Team in Training - It's a great organization

I did my first half-marathon with them.