• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join Our Relay for Life Fundraiser - Help Support a Great Cause!

I knew you knew that...and I figured as much knowing how long she's been at it. Just wanted to make notation of it for any newbies who'd read the thread. ;) We both know SOMEONE would ask.Thanks, guys....
raebates
Staff member
I've been in this business for 6 years, and I'm getting ready for my very first fundraiser. It's for a Relay for Life team. I'm so excited!

I'm working on the paperwork now and thinking about how amazingly blessed I am by this site. I feel confident that I can help the RfL Team to have a successful fundraiser. Mostly that's because of what I've read here over the years.

I'm meeting with them on Monday evening to distribute the packets. We'll close on May 17. Each participant will get a participant letter, 10 OOFs with the HWC products on the back, 3 catalogs, 3 index cards with website ordering instructions, a half-sheet flyer of the HWC products, an envelope in which to collect payments, and a booklet about hosting a show.

The letter includes instructions for figuring up orders, information about how much the team can make, incentives I'm offering, and suggestions for a successful fundraiser.

Because this is a charity I support, I'll be donating the basic commission from the fundraiser, and I'm offering the following incentives:

• Every participant who collects $150 or more in orders will get a SBRC.
  • Every participant who collects $300 or more in orders will get a SBRC and a HWC Reusable Shopping Bad.
  • The participant who collects the largest dollar amount will receive a $20 PC gift certificate good only through me.
  • The participant who collects the most orders will receive a $15 PC gift certificate good only through me.

I'm planning to take the HWC products to Monday's meeting so that everyone can see them and taste the Sweet Honey Sprinkle.

So, first, I want to thank all of you who have helped me by sharing your fundraiser ideas.

Second, I welcome any suggestions.

Make sure you tell them to promote that the HWC products are also in support of ACS, so when someone purchases them, $1 from the products plus the % from the total sales all benefit the ACS causes! That's what my Relay team is doing and it is working so well for them!

Thanks, Kisha. That's on my list of things to tell them. Everything they'll have in hand includes the information about HWC product donations.

tys1031 said:
Make sure you tell them to promote that the HWC products are also in support of ACS, so when someone purchases them, $1 from the products plus the % from the total sales all benefit the ACS causes! That's what my Relay team is doing and it is working so well for them!

Those go directly to ACS though. If the group wants a check that they can submit under the name of their team for RFL, they have to do it as a regular fundraiser, not a HWC fundraiser. ACS still gets the $1 per pink item, but it just doesn't count for that specific team.

NooraK said:
Those go directly to ACS though. If the group wants a check that they can submit under the name of their team for RFL, they have to do it as a regular fundraiser, not a HWC fundraiser. ACS still gets the $1 per pink item, but it just doesn't count for that specific team.

Oh, I know the fundraisers are different, but I was meaning that because RFL and HWC both benefit ACS programs, they would be able to use that as a selling point. That's what we do with our RFL teams.

I do have a note to make that distinction.

I know I should know. I've looked everywhere I can think to look. Could someone please tell me the commission rates for fundraisers. (I'm looking for what my commission will be.)TIA!

raebates said:
I know I should know. I've looked everywhere I can think to look. Could someone please tell me the commission rates for fundraisers. (I'm looking for what my commission will be.)

TIA!

Congrats on your first FR, Rae!

Your commission will be 17%.

ChefBeckyD said:
Congrats on your first FR, Rae!

Your commission will be 17%.

**For those consultants who won't know this, Rae's will be 17% because she has more than $15,000 in career sales. For Consultant's who've not reached the $15k career sales mark- it would be 15%. :)

esavvymom said:
**For those consultants who won't know this, Rae's will be 17% because she has more than $15,000 in career sales. For Consultant's who've not reached the $15k career sales mark- it would be 15%. :)

Right. I knew that Rae's was 17%, because we sat together at the Career Club Lunch last year at conference. :)

ChefBeckyD said:
Right. I knew that Rae's was 17%, because we sat together at the Career Club Lunch last year at conference. :)
I knew you knew that...and I figured as much knowing how long she's been at it. Just wanted to make notation of it for any newbies who'd read the thread. ;) We both know SOMEONE would ask.

Thanks, guys. I was thinking 17%, but I couldn't remember what the basic was. And, for the life of me I couldn't find that info. Of course, the harder I look for something the less likely I am to find it.

OK, Please don't think that I'm really dumb, but help me get this fundraiser thing set in my feeble mind...If someone does a F/R in May the ACS get the money/check with contribution amounts of 15-25%..for someone like Relay for Life to get credit and check it has to be just a fundraiser...and they get only 10-15%. I have my first fundraiser for Relay for Life set for may and have another source interested. So I really need to know what to tell them.
Thanks...

That's correct. The Relay for Life Team that's doing the fundraiser will earn 10% or 15%, depending on their sales. If you do a HWC fundraiser (following the instructions provided by the HO), the American Cancer Society will get 15% or 25%, depending on sales.

Thank you, I think I have findly got my mind wrapped around fundraisers....I don't know what I would do with out all the folks on this site and their wonderful help....
YOU ARE ALL AWESOME
vickie

I am also doing a Relay for Life fundraiser. I was wondering how long it took to get the fundraiser check once the show was closed. I want to make sure they get it in time for the Relay. Also can I get the check mailed to myself so I can hand them the check? Thanks for your help!

Wish I had an answer for you. This is my first one, too.

Well, we closed the fundraiser this evening. Only 9 of the team members participated, which I'm told isn't unusual. They weren't anticipating much in the way of total sales, so the $960+ was a big surprise. Yay! Most of the team members collected less than $50 in orders, so they had a couple of great salespeople to thank.

Hi All,

This thread has been so helpful : )

I am about to contact my local ACS coordinator about participating in a local Relay for Life event. I want to make sure that I understand this correctly.. Should I register a team as ACS and then the team name for check purposes or just ACS and have it mailed to the appropriate team leader?

What is the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

The Relay for Life Fundraiser is an event organized by the American Cancer Society to raise funds and awareness for cancer research, education, and support programs. It involves teams of people taking turns walking or running around a track for 24 hours, symbolizing the ongoing fight against cancer.

How can I join the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

To join the Relay for Life Fundraiser, you can register as an individual or as part of a team on the official website. You can also contact your local American Cancer Society office for more information on how to get involved.

Do I need to pay to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

Yes, there is a registration fee to participate in the Relay for Life Fundraiser. However, this fee goes towards supporting the American Cancer Society's mission and providing resources for cancer patients and their families.

How can I help support the Relay for Life Fundraiser?

There are several ways you can support the Relay for Life Fundraiser. You can join a team and participate in the event, make a donation to a team or individual, or volunteer your time to help with the organization and logistics of the event. You can also spread the word and encourage others to get involved.

How does the Relay for Life Fundraiser benefit cancer patients and their families?

The funds raised through the Relay for Life Fundraiser go towards supporting cancer research, education, and support programs. This includes funding for innovative cancer research, providing free resources and services for cancer patients and their families, and advocating for policies that benefit cancer patients and survivors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
katem51
Replies
Views
byrd1956
  • esavvymom
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
yankfan24