1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fundraiser My first fundraiser--Help????

1. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I have a host who was going to do a cooking show but now wants to do a fundraiser because her son is trying to earn money for camp. I know and individual can't get a check. I told her it has to go to the church or the camp, not sure at all how it works. I don't want to do fundraisers in general, I do not think they are really worth it. I want to keep it simple. Do I just do it as show and take the orders and just be sure they know that it is a fundraiser? The mom is inviting at least 60 people. There are 2 other kids who are also trying to earn $ as well. Has anyone ever done something like this? I really don't know what I am doing, but I need the opportunity for show leads and recruit leads.

Apr 10, 2009
  2. teresah551393

teresah551393 Member

I also need to come up with a recipe for something easy, inexpensive and possibly without a microwave.

Apr 10, 2009
  3. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

I'm sure the mom/host will let people know it is a fundraiser, but it wouldn't hurt at the begining of the show to mention 10-15% (depending on sales level) of the sales will go to help _________ go to camp.

I understand your reluctance to do a fundraiser since you commission drops to 15%. However, people tend to buy more knowing that some of the sales are going to a good cause. So it may average out.

4. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Did you ever figure out who to make the check to?

May 26, 2009
  5. dkitten13

dkitten13 Member

I just wanted to get my two cents in..I did a fundraiser for Susan G. Komen (they didn't want to do HWC) and it was an easy book show with sales at $900! I might get two+ parties out of it as well so I think it is worth it. I know some true FR are more difficult but I didn't want everyone to be too scared of a FR.

May 26, 2009
  6. gailz2

gailz2 Senior Member Gold Member

You can always do the fundraiser and put it in the name of the camp he is going to -- then have the order and check sent to you (Happy Camp, c/o Suzy Consultant), that way you can give the check to the individual and they can present it as part of their payment. I've done FRs for a local nursery school and had the product come to me to sort for them, then handed them the check.

Good luck. It is great PR.

May 26, 2009
  7. I have that same question. A student in my nephew's class passed away a couple of weeks ago at 14 years old. The family is having a hard time and someone wanted to do a PC Fundraiser for the family. Is this possible? I mean, the check would go to the family, not an organization. How does that work?

Thanks ahead of time for any insight,
    ~Kel

Have something to add?