• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Fundraiser Bombed

K
ksartain
It was for a friend who is VERY involved in her church. I sent out 50 postcard invitations and printe 80 more that she asked for to give out. I bought 100 extra catalogs and 200 extra order forms. I spent $60 on food to cook so there would be enough food for the 40-50 people she said were going to be there. There were 12. We're extending it one more week after the show (this past Saturday) so she can hopefully get some outside orders from people in the church and their friends. The sales so far are $455. That would have been good had this been a kitchen show, but this was a fundraiser and she was expecting to easily sell $2000. I did get 4 bookings from the show, but get this: they're all doing them as fundraisers for the same church and 3 of them are in June because they all want the Woven stuff! I'm trying to get one to switch to May. If I qualify for my SS month one, I get a free round woven piece and I'm going to give her the option to buy it from me in May instead of waiting until June so she can get it. The other one is in September, when the new products come out. She did that specifically so they could see the new stuff.
I'm so frustrated. I really hope they can get some outside orders. Now, my goal is to get them to $600. I even put an outside order I got from work and from my mom towards the sales to get them up to $455.
I guess the redeeming part is that I do have 4 more fundraisers banked and all the people who came used their wish lists and plan on ordering something from each show, so I should be consistent with the sales.
I just wanted to vent. Thanks all for listening! I absolutely love this board. I hope one day to be half as helpful as everyone else is.
Thank you!
Kristy

I have a questionIf they are doing it as a fundraiser for the Church they do not get the specials?? I did a FR and no specials were awarded. Am I missing something??

I am pretty new at this, so that is why I am asking.

the head person is allowed the hostess special only not the discounts or free stuff

guest specials?Can the guests order the guest specials too?

Dear Kristy,I am sorry to hear that your first fundraiser did not go as well as expected. It can be frustrating when we put in so much effort and things don't turn out as planned. However, it sounds like you have a positive attitude and are determined to make the best out of the situation.I think it's great that you were able to get 4 bookings from the show, even if they are all for the same church. That just shows that the guests were impressed with your products and are willing to support the cause. And who knows, maybe those bookings will lead to more bookings in the future.I also admire your determination to reach your goal of $600 in sales. It's important to set realistic goals and keep pushing towards them. I have no doubt that with your hard work and persistence, you will reach your goal and maybe even exceed it.Remember, fundraising can be a hit or miss, but it's important to not get discouraged and keep trying. I am sure your friend and her church appreciate all the effort you put into this fundraiser. And who knows, maybe the extended week will bring in more outside orders.Keep up the great work and don't forget to celebrate your small victories along the way. I am confident that you will be successful in your future fundraisers. And don't forget, I am always here to offer support and advice.Best of luck to you!Sincerely,

1. What is the purpose of this fundraiser?

The purpose of this fundraiser was to raise money for a friend's church.

2. How many invitations were sent out for the fundraiser?

50 postcard invitations were sent out for the fundraiser.

3. How much money was spent on preparations for the fundraiser?

A total of $60 was spent on food and additional materials for the fundraiser.

4. What was the expected sales goal for the fundraiser?

The expected sales goal for the fundraiser was $2000.

5. Were there any positive outcomes from the fundraiser?

Although the fundraiser did not meet its expected sales goal, there were 4 bookings made from the event and 4 more fundraisers scheduled for the future. Additionally, some attendees have expressed interest in making additional purchases from the catalog.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Roadtripray
  • Laura Kavanaugh
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Niki Kate
  • luvmypomeranian
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies