• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Your Bridal Fair Experience with Tips from a First-Timer

In summary, the speaker attended a bridal fair sponsored by a church and took advantage of a discounted package by contributing a door prize. They promoted their wedding registry and handed out recipe cards, but only two brides provided their information. The speaker learned to obtain all necessary information on the spot for future events. They also received a list of registered brides after the event and plan to send a letter or postcard with a time-sensitive coupon or special offer. The speaker suggests being the only Pampered Chef representative at future bridal fairs and asking for details about previous vendors and their offerings.
pcheflil
Gold Member
The Bridal Fair I did was my first. It was chuch sponsored. They offered different packages. The lowest (which I took) was $100 for a table and if I donated a doorprize (which I did) they would knock off $25. So I only paid $75. That's the only way I was able to do this fair. The other packages were too pricey. They gave every registered bride a goodie bag which included a booklet with all the vendors info. I stood by my table, gave out recipe cards and promoted our wedding registry. I tried to get brides to fill out a wedding registry form so I could register them myself and only two gave me their info. I failed to check the info with them present so when I got home and tried to register them. I was missing info. I tried to contact them but no response. I learned for next time to make sure I have all the info I need on the form. It was fun and I got to network with different vendors. Check your local bridal shops, floral shops, churches. Hope this helps.

Lillian Baker
Vineland NJ
Independent Consultant #389077
"Changing lives one kitchen at a time"

After the bridal fair was over did the sponsors give you a list of brides who registered? At all the bridal shows I've been a part of, (a past bridal shop owner) I got a list of hundreds of brides after the show. it gave a wedding date, fiance's name, and a list of other answers.

Some people tried to have a drawing at their table as well as participating in the group drawings. but it really takes away from communicating with people and they are a suspicious lot and don't like to fill out additional info.

In the 'goodie bag' that is given out was my full brochure with coupons and specials listed. I did hand out mini sewing kits with my name on them to brides as they came by.

Bridal shows are different. Brides are there for the drawings. Perhaps remind them of a need they forgot about and to be treated like a queen for a day, we always gave the registered bride a white button that said 'Im the bride!"

Now that I'm involved with Pampered Chef, if IF I do a bridal show, I would put a mini catalog with specials in the bag. ONLY do the group drawing and nothing too big. And hand out bookmarks or Recipe cards with a Bridal registry format.

Just my 2 cents from the bridal angle.:rolleyes:

Thanks for the tips Judybabe, much appreciated! This fair was in May and finally last week I received the brides list. I noticed some of the brides got married already in June. I do want to send a letter or email to all thanking them for stopping by my booth and to remind them of the bridal registry and other services we offer. Do you or anyone else on this site have such a letter? I would appreciate all the help I can get.
Lillian Baker
Vineland NJ
Independent Consultant #389077
"Changing lives one kitchen at a time"

the letter is a good idea, and do it quickly. include a time sensitive coupon or special.

remember that most of the vendors at the show do the same. sending out letters. keep it short. even a postcard works great.

keep the brides list and send postcards once every three months to those who are not getting married to next year or later this fall. If the bride wants a PC shower, she will suggest it to a friend.

another note. If you do another bridal fair in the future. make sure you are the only PC rep there. geez the last bridal show I did, there were three PC's, 3 MK's, a pots and pans guy and many, many other direct sales companies like avon. The sponsors are taking advantage of a captive audience. All that does is tick off the brides, and make us all look like fools.

You can ask questions, How many PC'ers will you allow? who else is going to be there, who were the vendors last year? can I see the vendor list from last year. what specials did people offer, what door prizes did they give away.

One gift I started seeing was a big discount off a purchase, because so many girls who wern't getting married were signing up. I would do 50% off a wedding gown. So many others gave something away and never got anything for it.

One year we did a balloon dive. Registered brides could dive in (actually just step in and pick up balloons) a roped off area, capture balloons with prizes inside. most were items they could go to the booth and get and take right away. many, many brides had girlfriends sign up so they could also get prizes and give them to the bride. I knew this because I recognized many a bridesmaid!

People are more savvy than they used to be, so get tough. Your goal is to get people to book a show. Whether it be a bridal fair or a county fair, we are there to sell and they are there to buy. There's no sin in profit. Give an incentive to book a show. I am giving a recipe card with two coupons on the back that I made myself. One coupon says place an order by 9/30 at a show or catalog and receive a mini serving spatula free. OR host a cooking show by the same date and receive the creative cutters set free.

this is costly on my part, but my goal is to get started in this area. I've only been here in this community two months and have yet to give my first show. Remember only 2-5% of coupons are redeemed so if I hand out 500 coupons I should get around 10-25 bookings. that to me is pretty good odds.

at least no bridezillas anymore!!!!

Judy

Hi Lillian,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the bridal fair! It sounds like you were able to make the most of your first fair, despite the challenges with the wedding registry forms. It's always helpful to learn from these experiences and make improvements for the next one.

I agree with you about checking with the brides to make sure all the necessary information is on the registry forms. It can be frustrating when you're missing information and are unable to register them.

I'm glad you were able to network with other vendors and promote our wedding registry. It's a great opportunity to showcase our products and services to potential customers.

For other consultants who are looking to participate in bridal fairs, your advice to check local bridal shops, floral shops, and churches is spot on. These are great places to find fairs and events where we can showcase our products and reach potential customers.

Thanks again for sharing your experience and tips. Keep up the great work!

Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

1. What is "My First Bridal Fair"?

"My First Bridal Fair" is an event organized by Pampered Chef specifically for couples who are getting married. It is a fun and informative experience where you can learn about our products and how they can enhance your life as a newlywed.

2. When and where is "My First Bridal Fair" taking place?

The date and location of "My First Bridal Fair" may vary depending on your location. Please check our website or social media pages for the most up-to-date information about upcoming events near you.

3. Is there an entrance fee for "My First Bridal Fair"?

No, there is no entrance fee for our bridal fair. It is completely free to attend and we encourage you to bring along your partner, family, or friends to join in on the fun!

4. What can I expect at "My First Bridal Fair"?

At our bridal fair, you can expect to see a variety of our products on display, as well as live demonstrations and interactive activities. You will also have the opportunity to speak with our consultants and learn more about our wedding registry options.

5. Can I make purchases at "My First Bridal Fair"?

While we do not have a physical store at our bridal fair, you can place orders for any products you are interested in through our consultants. They will also be able to assist you with creating a wedding registry and provide information on special deals and promotions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ChefChillFL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ChefChillFL
  • minirottie
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
SuzanneWehrman
  • mountainmama74