• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Booth: Cash & Carry, Drawing Slips & Catalogs - Advice Needed!

you don't do cash and carry, is there a better way to get actual orders?There is not necessarily a better way to get orders, but if you do not do cash and carry you may find that you get more orders if you have a catalog or mini with all the new products in it.
Kandi2candy
I had my first booth this weekend! It was a lot of fun. It was sorta slow, but that was ok! so I could get the hang of things. :) I made enough to cover my booth costs, got 3 potential hosts, and 1 potential recruit!!

I however do have some questions...

Cash and Carry VS. Free Local Shipping
Which is better? I did free local shipping, but most of the customers wanted to buy something right then & there.
And then if you do cash and carry, what products do you buy to carry?
If you don't do cash and carry, is there a better way to get actual orders?

Drawing slips
After you draw the winner, what do you do with the rest of them?
I have them sorted into four piles.
1. Wants to have a catalog or cooking show/party
2. Interested in an open house/or party, but doesn't want to host their own
3. Warranty Help
4. No's, just wanted to win the drawing

I have looked at some of the old booth postings, and some people have called the people on the drawing slips and tell them they have won a free cooking show. I was wondering from your experiences, how that has worked and their response from it? Also, what do you say when you call them?

Catalogs
Mini Vs. Reg. Sized Ones
Which ones are better to hand out?
Also, If you have mini's and they ask for you to mail a full size (which I don't have a problem doing) I was just wondering if you notice the customers calling with an order?

Business Cards Vs. Recipe Cards
What do you find to be more beneficial?

Also, if anybody else has any advice I'd love to hear it

Thanks in advance!!

People do often love cash and carry but I do not purchase things just to have on hand for a booth. I will often put in a catalog show or combine several orders to make a catalog show and purchase the host special. If it is something I already have THEN I use that item the next time I have a booth as a cash and carry or a doorprize (if it's not too big)

I think of booths as a way to find new leads and don't really focus on sales that much. I use old catalogs if I have them and/or minis. I prefer to use old catalogs and a new mini with all the new products in it. If someone asks for a new catalog I try to have it on hand rather than mail it to them. I rarely get orders after a booth unless someone books a show.

Hope that helps a bit. I think booths are different for everyone and it depends on what you are searching for at the time as to how successful you will see it being. If you were looking for bookings but only got a few orders you are going to think it was not a good booth. Perspective.

The goal for booths is LEADS! So, what do you do with all those that didn't win your raffle?
They did! They may not have won the Grand Prize, but they won your Consolation Prize-A Free Cooking Show! You call every person that entered your raffle, thank them for stopping by your booth, ask if they enjoyed themselves that day, did they get a chance to look thru the catalog you gave them and did they have any questions. Then let them know you were calling to congratulate them on winning your consolation prize of a Free Cooking show! (be very excited). Explain that that means you will bring the food for a cooking demonstration for that person and their friends in a fun, relaxed atmosphere, let everyone try out the products, sample the recipe, offer lots of great cooking and entertaining tips, and as a "thank you" they will be rewarded with free and discounted products, including an extra $15 in free products just for letting you come and cook.

Even if they marked "no" on the prize drawing slip you still call!

If you get voicemail you say, "Hi _____, this is _____with the Pampered Chef! Sorry I missed you. We met Saturday when you stopped by my booth and I wanted to let you know about my raffle you entered. Please give me a call at xxx-xxx-xxxx. Talk to you soon!"

Thanks PC Sharon for the perspective!Also, Thanks to PC HOCKEY Mom!!!! I did as you suggested and have four more people that are going to have a show! They are super excited about the free show too! And so am I!

PC Hockey Mom
If people don't call you back from the messages you left, do you call them back and if so how long do you usually wait to do that?
TIA!

I have not done a booth in a while, I now give them to my consultants. But last year when I was doing about 1 a week, and leaving this message, 90% of the people called me back! They think they won the grand prize. If they didn't call me back, I would call after about a week, keep trying for a few weeks, then leave the last message as "if there is anything I can help you with, need a recipe idea, help with a product, or have aquestion about our products please be sure to give me a ring. I'm happy to help". I'd leave it at that.

What are the benefits of having a cash and carry booth?

Cash and carry booths allow customers to purchase products directly from you without having to wait for shipping. This can lead to impulse buys and increased sales. It also gives customers the opportunity to see and touch products in person, potentially leading to more confident purchases.

How do I effectively use drawing slips at my booth?

Drawing slips are a great way to collect customer information for future sales and promotions. Make sure to have a clear and visible container for customers to drop their slips into. Offer a small incentive, such as a product sample or discount, for filling out a slip. Be sure to follow up with those who entered the drawing to keep them engaged with your business.

What should I include in my booth setup?

Your booth setup should include a variety of products that showcase the range of items available. It should also have a clear and eye-catching display, such as a banner or tablecloth, to attract customers. Don't forget to have business cards, catalogs, and order forms easily accessible for interested customers.

How should I engage with customers at my booth?

Engaging with customers at your booth is crucial for making sales. Greet each person with a smile and introduce yourself. Ask open-ended questions to learn about their needs and offer solutions. Be knowledgeable about the products and offer demonstrations or samples to pique interest.

What are some tips for promoting my booth at an event?

Promoting your booth at an event is key to attracting customers. Utilize social media to create buzz before the event and offer exclusive promotions to those who mention your post at the booth. Have eye-catching signs or banners to draw attention. Consider partnering with other vendors for cross-promotion. Lastly, be friendly and approachable to everyone who walks by your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• milkangel
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • AJPratt
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies