• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My First Booth!!

Sep 4, 2009
I did my first booth on Saturday. The turnout was not great, but I was only there for 4 hours and I only had to pay $11, so it wasn't too bad.

I had a drawing for the pizza cutter and used the little info slips provided by PC to have people sign up. Just about everyone that came by signed up and I got 20 names. Like I said, not much traffic.

The only thing I had to purchase was SBCB and I sold 6. Plus I got 1 order for about $20. I didn't really have the money to buy a bunch of odds and ends to have for sale, so I wasn't too surprised that I didn't have big sales.

I had 1 lady that said she would love to host and another that said she either plans to buy or host a show in Dec. (She wants the snowman stuff) I didn't get anything definite. I go to church with the first lady so I know I'll be able to chat with her face to face soon. I think I need to work on "closing the deal". I just have this fear of being too pushy.

I didn't look at the slips until tonight. I was kind of down about the fact that I didn't get very many and I felt like I had let some opportunities slip through my fingers. BUT now that I actually look at the dang things, I have the 1 definite host, 2 possible hosts and 1 possible biz opp. Whew hoo!!!

Now I am excited. I have emailed everyone that I got an email from and I am calling the possible hosts and biz opp. I normally have no problem talking to people, I don't know what my problem is with getting a definite answer from someone. Like I said, I feel like I'm being pushy and I don't want to be that person.

One thing I would have done differently would be to look at the slips as people fill them out so that I could talk to them about their answers or write more info for future reference. That was suggested on here. I should have followed your advice.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I know how you feel! I learned that lesson (not looking at the slips) the hard way too. For me, I had 8 shows, 6 recruiting leads- WALK away! And then could never get them on the phone after that! UGGH!.

FIrst- they have to HAND me the slip...I look at it on the spot with the purpose of thanking them by name. That split second it takes for me to read their name, I also see what they checked off and can go from there!

This thread has lots of other tips too...for your NEXT booth at least.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jennifer Hunsucker
Replies
Views
babywings76
Replies
Views
tkgraywolf
Replies
Views