• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Any Tips for Running a Booth at a Flea Market?

In summary, Carrie is planning to attend a flea market this Sunday and run her first booth. She may have to do it alone, but is looking for tips on running a booth. She plans to bring her Super Starter Kit, a table cloth, and a Pampered Chef sign, as well as make host packets and have a prize drawing for leads. She also plans to bring catalogs and possibly recruit information. Other members on the site have suggested looking for information on running booths and providing food samples to attract people.
carriemc
I'm going to be at a flea market this Sunday and running my first booth. My director is trying to find someone to go with me so I don't have to do it alone for the first time, but there is a good chance that I will be there solo :eek: .

Can any of you give me some tips for running a booth. The only things I have to bring are my SS Kit, a table cloth, and a Pampered Chef sign.

I was planning to make some host packets to give out to the people who are interested and have people fill in the door prize slips so I can follow up with people.

Any advice would be great.

Hey Carrie~
There is tons of info on this site about how all of us have ran booths. Just type in Fairs in the search part and a TON of stuff pulls up. (I know, because I just tried :) ) I'm not trying to pawn you off, but there is already a lot of info that you have access to right now!! Good Luck and let us know how you do!! :p

Here in nashville on the last week-end of the month there is a HUGE.. I mean HUGE flea market at the fairgrounds.. I have a freind who sat up a booth there. Maybe when I actually get things up and running, thats a possibility for me. I have no problem doing it.. Its the Nashville heat I might have an issue with!! :eek:

Carrie,
There are tons of things to look up this site. As far as only having the Super Starter Kit....that is PLENTY! I'd set up the kit for everyone to see. I'd also make some little cookies made on your stone. That will attract people to your booth. People ALWAYS LOVE food! If not cookies, you could make some dip. The problem with dip is it has to stay cold. If you don't have the chillzanne bowls, that might be a challenge outside.

I'd have some packets to hand out as well as catalogs. If you ask your director, she might have OLD CATALOGS to pass out. That way you are not using up your new ones. It also allows you to tell people you have new ones at home if they would like you to send one to them.

You MUST do a PRIZE DRAWING. This is where you will get people's names, emails, phone, and addresses. I've attached a fair prize drawing slip. The thing you are going to get the most of at fairs are LEADS! Leads for shows, leads for recruits, LEADS LEADS LEADS. You can give away FREE KITCHEN SHOWS. That means you bring the ingredients, paper plates, and cups.

Take along recruit info. If you don't have this, ask your director if you can borrow some and you will replace them when you order some.

Good luck...have fun...let us know how it goes.

Attachments

• fair prize drawing slip.doc
    25 KB · Views: 2,094
Here is a letter you can send to contacts you make at the flea market.

Attachments

• Fairs Followup.doc
    25.5 KB · Views: 809
janel kelly said:

thank you - this is great.

PamperedGinger said:
Carrie,
There are tons of things to look up this site. As far as only having the Super Starter Kit....that is PLENTY! I'd set up the kit for everyone to see. I'd also make some little cookies made on your stone. That will attract people to your booth. People ALWAYS LOVE food! If not cookies, you could make some dip. The problem with dip is it has to stay cold. If you don't have the chillzanne bowls, that might be a challenge outside.

I'd have some packets to hand out as well as catalogs. If you ask your director, she might have OLD CATALOGS to pass out. That way you are not using up your new ones. It also allows you to tell people you have new ones at home if they would like you to send one to them.

You MUST do a PRIZE DRAWING. This is where you will get people's names, emails, phone, and addresses. I've attached a fair prize drawing slip. The thing you are going to get the most of at fairs are LEADS! Leads for shows, leads for recruits, LEADS LEADS LEADS. You can give away FREE KITCHEN SHOWS. That means you bring the ingredients, paper plates, and cups.

Take along recruit info. If you don't have this, ask your director if you can borrow some and you will replace them when you order some.

Good luck...have fun...let us know how it goes.

thank you - this is a great idea. What do you usually give away as the prize?

janel kelly said:
I like your "Call me before I call you special!" What a great idea. I'll have to try that after our county fair in a few weeks.

Thanks for the info. It's always good to get some new fresh ideas. I'm with Becky at trying it out at the fairs this summer/fall. :)

I have duplicate products that I've earned free. I usually give those away. That is why I suggested you give away a free kitchen show. It's easy and is a tax write off.

Hi Iam in Massachusetts to !Hi , i was wondering where in mass you are located. Depending on where you are and the fair is , i am acually available on Sunday if you were still looking for someone to go in with you on it ! I love doing fairs ! Let me know ! Thank you !

What products will be featured at "My First Booth This Sunday"?

The featured products at "My First Booth This Sunday" will be our top-selling kitchen tools and gadgets, including our famous Mix 'N Scraper®, Quick Slice, and Microplane® graters.

Will there be any special deals or promotions at the event?

Yes, there will be exclusive discounts and promotions available only at "My First Booth This Sunday." Be sure to stop by and check them out!

Can I try out the products before purchasing?

Absolutely! We will have interactive demonstrations and samples available for you to try out before making a purchase. Our consultants will also be on hand to answer any questions you may have.

What forms of payment will be accepted at the event?

We accept cash, credit/debit cards, and checks at our events. Please note that personal checks will require a valid ID and may be subject to a processing fee.

Will there be any cooking or recipe demonstrations at the event?

Yes, we will have live cooking demonstrations featuring our products and delicious recipes for you to taste and enjoy. You can also pick up recipe cards to take home and try out yourself!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• trisha1975
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
trisha1975
  • jessica.rene09
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
  • Angel's Kitchen