• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Ds Got a Scratch in His Eye....

DOCTOR!Your son sounds like he may have had a serious injury if not checked out by a doctor. Take him to the eye doctor as soon as possible.
pamperedalf
Silver Member
Please say a little prayer for my ds, he was torturing the cat chased her under the couch then layed his head to look at her and she got his eye, eye lid. Took him to peds. and they said he was fine but keep an eye on him. Oh I was scared.

I just wish he would learn to be nice to the animals. He's nice to everyone else's animals but our dog and our cat. Thank you guys!!!!!

:( Watch him close just to make sure it doesn't get infected.Also, I would suggest an eye doctor look at it to be sure they didn't miss a scratch. Almost all regular doctors or pediatricians will refer you because they don't specialize in vision. Even if you don't have vision insurance, this visit would go under medical due to the scratch.

I will pray for quick healing of the eye. Some kids can't verbalize frustrations or stresses, so they take them out on smaller animals- he chooses your animals because he's familiar with them. Depending on how old he is, a sandbox or nerf swords make good therapuetic toys for kids that tend to "torture" family pets as you put it! :)

My niece does the same thing with our cat, and is fairly rough with our female golden retriever- but doesn't dare do anything to our large male retriever. Her therapist said we should let her play with dirt and/or sand and I bought a large nerf like tube floaty device at walmart for $1.50 and cut it in half with an exacto-knife, and we let her play swords with us- since I'm against the plastic ones- they hurt!

My niece is able to get out some of the frustrations she has with being abused by her father, being forced to leave her home with just her mom and some clothes, leaving pets and toys and school and friends behind and coming to live with us.

She loves our pets, but on bad days, we make her keep her distance....

HTH- I'm only sharing what I've learned about why she seems to target the smaller pets, it's just what her therapist shared with us and he said it's how kids release stress, anger, fear and frustration because they aren't old enough to know how to do it any other way or verbalize it.... just a thought.

Hope DS gets well soon!

Your little guy will be in my prayers, as will you.

Aw, how's he doing today?

I'll keep your DS in my prayers. Hope it heals soon!

It looks much better today, he is staying away from the cat. I felt bad because she was kicked out of the house for 3 days and snuck in yesterday. I am going to call the eye doctor today to see when we can get him in. I was sick to my stomach all weekend, of course dh was ready to murder the cat.Thank you for keeping him in your thoughts and your prayers. He is worried is eye won't look good for his b-day on Saturday.

Please take him to an eye doctor. I had an eye scratch (papercut) which subsequently got infected. I could have lost my sight without the intervention of my opthalmologist, who prescribed antibiotics.

Trish in Texas
Independent Consultant

Well we went to the eye doctor this last week, and he had perfect vision. The eye doctor said he had better than most 4 year olds at that stage. He said the scratch had healed perfectly.All I can say is Thank You God. I was so worried. I forgot to update you guys, thanks so much for your prayers and thoughts.Bad news I need glasses again, he said my eyes are getting a little better. DH says I look like a librarian.

Yeah for your kiddo!Don't worry about the glasses...I need bifocals already...er...reading glasses...

Wow, Amanda, that's great news about your son.As for the "librarian" look, maybe your DH has a thing for hot librarians. ;)

GO TO A EYE DOCTOR!!

Vision is something you can not be too careful with.

My husband has had glue (hard dried) flip into his eye from opening cases at his old job. Had to wear patch for 2 days, and we had to use numbing drops.

My son has had sawdust in his eye twice, from his job, now he wears protective eyewears. The last time it was like a splinter in his eye. Took three trips to the doctor and twice to the ER to get it removed.

With my son, regular doctor said he was fine and to keep rinsing his eye out, every two hours... if we had not got to the eye doctor, we were told he would have lost vision in his eye.

GO TO A EYE DOCTOR

Good news!

raebates said:
Wow, Amanda, that's great news about your son.

As for the "librarian" look, maybe your DH has a thing for hot librarians. ;)

That's what my sister consultant said too. So now he keeps asking when my glasses are coming in.

What should I do if my child has a scratch in their eye?

If your child has a scratch in their eye, it is important to seek medical attention immediately. Do not try to remove the object or rub the eye, as this can cause further damage. Cover the eye with a clean cloth and take your child to the nearest emergency room or eye doctor.

How can I prevent scratches in my child's eye?

To prevent scratches in your child's eye, make sure they wear protective eyewear when participating in sports or activities that could cause eye injuries. Teach them to avoid rubbing their eyes and to wash their hands frequently to prevent infections. Keep hazardous objects out of reach and childproof your home to reduce the risk of accidents.

What are the symptoms of a scratched eye?

The symptoms of a scratched eye may include pain, redness, tearing, sensitivity to light, and a feeling like there is something in the eye. Your child may also have difficulty keeping their eye open or may rub their eye frequently. If you notice any of these symptoms, seek medical attention immediately.

Can a scratch in the eye heal on its own?

A minor scratch in the eye may heal on its own within a few days. However, it is important to have it examined by a medical professional to ensure there is no infection or damage to the eye. If the scratch is deep or does not heal within a few days, your child may need medication or treatment to prevent further complications.

What should I do if my child gets a foreign object in their eye?

If your child gets a foreign object in their eye, do not rub or put pressure on the eye. If the object is visible, try to gently remove it with a damp cotton swab or tissue. If the object is embedded or difficult to remove, cover the eye and seek medical attention immediately. Do not try to remove the object yourself, as this can cause more damage.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Hathery
  • erinyourpclady
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered.chris
  • esavvymom