• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

My Dollar Store Obsession: Organizing My Pampered Chef Business Supplies

In summary, the Dollar Tree has some great office supplies, and you can get the same quantity and quality of products as the name brand office supplies for only a dollar.
amy07
First, I will confess my addiction to the dollar store :p - I love taking my kids there and telling them they can pick out any one thing they want:D

Anyways, my second obsession has become trying to find neat things to organize all the PC "business stuff". I just wanted to let those of you who may not frequent your local store, mine is Dollar Tree btw, they have some great office supplies in there lately. I've been getting the address labels for your printer, mailing labels (will make my own stickers now that there is no more Nancy's), padded mailers, etc. And the packages actually have the same quantity as the brand name ones at the office supply stores, and they work great in the printer too!!:D

Me Too!I love the Dollar Tree. You can't bet 450 labels for $1!!!!

I never thought about getting labels at the dollar store. I need to go there today and get curlers for my daughters hair if I decide to be brave I will see if they have them there (last trip was kind of a fiasco)

Jennie4PC said:
I never thought about getting labels at the dollar store. I need to go there today and get curlers for my daughters hair if I decide to be brave I will see if they have them there (last trip was kind of a fiasco)
Oh yeah they work great! And I also go have fun in the plastic container section, those are good for filing leads and other storage needs! I love, love, love the dollar store! (Dollar Tree for me too!):D :D

I LOVE the Dolalr Tree. My husband loves to tell my son "Buy what you want we can afford ANYTHING in this store!!"

We go about once a week. I will go in there needing nothing and $20 later I am out the door.

I am going to get some VBS decorations there too. We lucked on one year and they had Elmo when we did him for my son's bday party too. Wish they had other characters!

I'm impressed that it's only $20 Jennifer, I've been known to walk in there while I was bored and walk out spending $50! :D But that is usually when I take the whole family! My hubby loves the dollar store too! We are a dangerous combination in there together, add our children and we're screwed! We can go broke in there! Our theory is "shoot throw it in the cart, it's only a dollar!:eek: 1 full cart later and our "only a dollar" trip has amounted to lots of dollars!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

MissChef said:
Our theory is "shoot throw it in the cart, it's only a dollar!:eek: 1 full cart later and our "only a dollar" trip has amounted to lots of dollars!:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:
You discovered their business plan!

DH hates the $ store (and do we have a lot of them in Detroit!). But I go in there for gift bags, tissue paper, etc.
Target's dollar spot frequently has some cute $ items, too. I got DH a Homer Simpson can cozy and a Homer beer bottle cozy for in the garage.

I am a certified Dollar Store addict. When I worked full time there was one next door to work and I would go there on lunch... nutso stuff we would pick up as a gifts for people though and just put it on their desk when they were at lunch -- potted meat, dog toys, bath poofies, inappropriate ribbons and mugs (like worlds greatest mom for a single guy....)and shower curtains ... those were the days.

I am livid at the Dollar Tree and and I am boycotting them as of Monday. I went in to get some supplies for shows/home and of course kids stuff. My 3 yr old is perfecting her potty training and needed to go. They told me she couldn't use the potty even though they had a bathroom and it was an emergency and there was no where else she could go. They ended up having a small puddle to clean up and a cart full of stuff to put back on the shelf. It's just a potty, and she's just a little kid. :( I let the manager know how dissappointed and his reply was. "Well, that's our policy." so in other words -- tough. :/ I'm hoping they are franchised -- i don't want to go without my dollar tree fix!

Ok - -sorry to be Debbie Downer but that whole fiasco made me upset.

yummybytes said:
I am a certified Dollar Store addict. When I worked full time there was one next door to work and I would go there on lunch... nutso stuff we would pick up as a gifts for people though and just put it on their desk when they were at lunch -- potted meat, dog toys, bath poofies, inappropriate ribbons and mugs (like worlds greatest mom for a single guy....)and shower curtains ... those were the days.

I am livid at the Dollar Tree and and I am boycotting them as of Monday. I went in to get some supplies for shows/home and of course kids stuff. My 3 yr old is perfecting her potty training and needed to go. They told me she couldn't use the potty even though they had a bathroom and it was an emergency and there was no where else she could go. They ended up having a small puddle to clean up and a cart full of stuff to put back on the shelf. It's just a potty, and she's just a little kid. :( I let the manager know how dissappointed and his reply was. "Well, that's our policy." so in other words -- tough. :/ I'm hoping they are franchised -- i don't want to go without my dollar tree fix!

Sounds like they deserved to clean up a puddle! Maybe next time they will take "potty needs" a little more seriously...

I like the Dollar Tree, I get all my stuff for my recruting bags there, and of course DS loves going there, I didn't realize they had labels, gotta go get those!!

When you gotta go, YOU GOTTA GO!!

Julie

I love the $ store, my DH doesn't. He doesn't like me to shop. My girls love going shopping, we have a lot of fun at the Dollar Tree.:p

chefjwr said:
When you gotta go, YOU GOTTA GO!!

Julie

Too true - and when you are 3, there is no negotiating.

yummybytes said:

Jenn~ I would be so darn mad too!!!! Grrrr!:mad: :mad: Why do people have to be such idiots?! What would it have hurt them to let her go!
You know what I would do?! But I'm a hot head sometimes and a little over the top, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd go back there and walk around with her and get a cart and fill it up and when your little ones asks to go, see if they remember you and let her go, if not well, then I guess they will be cleaning up the mess! And I would do it over and over until they let me take her to the bathroom!:eek: People like that manager make me so mad, I could spit nails! :mad:

Love the Dollar Tree as well. Get some many things there. Load my camper up with things from there too!!

yummybytes said:

I would call someone at their home office and complain about this. I can totally understand just not let everyone use it, but not a small child.

I absolutely LOVE the Dollar Tree! I was out at the Post Office on my lunch today and saw a new dollar store, only to realize it wasn't opened yet :(

My favorite memory is a bunch of coworkers and I went to the Dollar Store after happy hour and a few margaritas... Let's just say I bought the most random stuff! It was so fun and my coworkers are still making fun of me for that! :D

We also have a dollar store called Deals which I love also, might be part of dollar tree, we have several dollars trees here also, one right by Wal Mart!

Ann R.

I love Dollar Tree too, but in their defense. they do NOT have to allow you to se it and it has something to do with health codes.

I don't remember where I've heard or read this but not all public places have public restrooms. It may vary state to state.

MissChef said:
Jenn~ I would be so darn mad too!!!! Grrrr!:mad: :mad: Why do people have to be such idiots?! What would it have hurt them to let her go!
You know what I would do?! But I'm a hot head sometimes and a little over the top, so take this with a grain of salt, but I'd go back there and walk around with her and get a cart and fill it up and when your little ones asks to go, see if they remember you and let her go, if not well, then I guess they will be cleaning up the mess! And I would do it over and over until they let me take her to the bathroom!:eek: People like that manager make me so mad, I could spit nails! :mad:

I like the way you think :D

While I realize this, that is not the reason they stated. Their reason was "We can't just let people go in our back area."

...whatever. :p

Jenn, I understand your thoughts... it's also the fact that people need to feel compassion! There were circumstances that were beyond your control! There has been 2 times in the 50% off card shop, that they've let me use the bathroom, once when I was pregnant with my son, and I COULD NOT make it anywhere else and once when my daughter had to go when she was about 2 1/2, and I'm not talking pee!!!! They let me take her in because they had compassion! I can understand not having public bathrooms but you they are people, so we think, and they need to relax and bend sometimes! Don't get me started again! Yikes :eek: I need to stay off this thread, it makes my blood pressure boil! :mad:
I'm glad my dollar tree has public bathrooms or I'd boycott it! :mad: ! No matter how much I love their deals! :D

I have never seen labels in mine but then again this dollar tree is kinda sad. They don't have much of anything in the one that is local. Kinda sad, I love dollar stores:)

So I went to the dollar tree last night! I loved it! I found the address labels, big labels for back of postcards, stationary and envelopes for my mystery host show in August, cute file folders for the ones that I have sitting out and a ton of other stuff! It was so much fun, I think I am going back today... (we went when we only had like 20 minutes left). Would highly recommend if anyone wants a fun, fairly cheap outing, check out your dollar store this weekend!

1. How do I know what supplies to purchase from the dollar store for my Pampered Chef business?

The best way to determine what supplies you need is to make a list of the items you use regularly for your business. This can include things like utensils, serving platters, and storage containers. Once you have your list, visit your local dollar store and see if they have those items available.

2. Is it worth it to buy cheaper supplies from the dollar store instead of investing in higher quality ones?

It ultimately depends on your budget and personal preference. While dollar store supplies may not be as durable as higher quality ones, they can still serve their purpose and save you money. If you have the budget, it may be worth investing in higher quality supplies, but if you are just starting out or on a tight budget, the dollar store can be a great option.

3. How can I organize my Pampered Chef supplies from the dollar store?

There are many ways to organize your supplies from the dollar store. Some ideas include using clear bins or baskets to categorize items, using labeled jars for utensils, and using a hanging shoe organizer for smaller items. Get creative and find what works best for you and your space.

4. Are there any items that are not worth buying from the dollar store for my Pampered Chef business?

While dollar stores can be a great resource for many supplies, there are some items that may be worth investing in higher quality. For example, knives and other kitchen tools that require sharpness and durability may be better purchased from a specialty store. Use your judgment and consider the quality and functionality of the item before purchasing from the dollar store.

5. How often should I restock my dollar store supplies for my Pampered Chef business?

This can vary depending on your business needs and how quickly you go through your supplies. It's a good idea to keep track of your inventory and restock as needed. It may also be helpful to have a backup supply of essentials, so you don't run out unexpectedly. Additionally, keep an eye out for sales and deals at the dollar store to save money on restocking your supplies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mandi
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
mandi
  • gilliandanielle
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
baychef
  • chef_kimmo