• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Humor :( My Dishwasher Is on Vacation...

In summary, before going on vacation, it is important to clean your dishwasher by running a cycle with a cleaner or vinegar and baking soda. When returning, run a cycle with hot water and a cleaner. It is not recommended to leave dirty dishes in the dishwasher while on vacation, and it is best to clean and empty the dishwasher before leaving. If gone for an extended period, it is recommended to turn off the water supply. To prevent a musty smell, clean the dishwasher before leaving and leave the door slightly ajar. It is not recommended to use the dishwasher as a storage space while on vacation.
candiejayne
He's 6 years old and loves to do dishes... he's at his mom's this week so I have to do them myself... pooo!

LOL

My children all liked to help when they were smaller, but when they were older it was like pulling teeth to get them to do anything.My DS's have actually made money doing others laundry when they went to college. My DD made money cooking for an entire softball team at their house.

I hope he never grows out of liking dishes! I'm sure he will though! I don't realize how often he does them til he's visiting his mom. I keep joking with my BF that he needs to buy me a dishwasher for when the live one is gone, but he's not falling for it! LOL

My sister is in college and last semester she lived in a house with 8 guys. They would all do her chores, buy the groceries, and pay her share of the bills if she would cook meals nightly for them! They were really good to her.

Q: Why are brides' dresses white?A: So the dishwasher will match all the other major appliances.

, I can totally relate! My son is also 6 and he loves helping me in the kitchen, especially with doing the dishes. It's so cute to see them take pride in completing tasks and feeling like they are contributing. Maybe we can swap kids for a week, I could use some extra help in the kitchen! But in all seriousness, it's great that your son enjoys helping out and I'm sure he will continue to be a great helper in the future. Keep encouraging him and who knows, maybe he will become a little pampered chef in training!

1. How do I properly clean my dishwasher before and after vacation?

Before leaving for vacation, it is important to clean your dishwasher by running a cycle with a dishwasher cleaner or a mixture of vinegar and baking soda. This will help remove any buildup or odors. When returning from vacation, run a cycle with hot water and a dishwasher cleaner to ensure it is clean and ready for use.

2. Can I leave dirty dishes in the dishwasher while on vacation?

It is not recommended to leave dirty dishes in the dishwasher while on vacation. This can lead to mold and bacteria growth, causing a foul odor and potential damage to your dishwasher. It is best to clean and empty the dishwasher before leaving.

3. Should I turn off the water supply to my dishwasher during vacation?

If you will be gone for an extended period of time, it is recommended to turn off the water supply to your dishwasher to prevent any potential leaks or flooding. However, if you will only be gone for a few days, it is not necessary to turn off the water.

4. How can I prevent my dishwasher from developing a musty smell while on vacation?

To prevent a musty smell from developing in your dishwasher while on vacation, make sure to clean it before leaving and leave the door slightly ajar to allow for air circulation. You can also place a bowl of baking soda or a few lemon wedges inside to absorb any odors.

5. Can I use my dishwasher as a storage space while on vacation?

No, it is not recommended to use your dishwasher as a storage space while on vacation. This can cause damage to the dishwasher and potentially lead to mold and bacteria growth. It is best to clean and empty the dishwasher before leaving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • crystalscookingnow
  • General Chat
Replies